November 28th, 2010

Actor Leslie Nielsen dies of complications from pneumonia

Actor Leslie Nielsen, best known for his film roles in "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun" series, died Sunday of complications from pneumonia, his family said.

Nielsen died in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, surrounded by his wife and friends. He was 84.

"In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in his name to the charity of your choice," the family said in a statement.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. Dr. Rhumack

It's the place in the sky with lots of light and a huge gate, but that's not important right now!

RIP Mr. Nielsen. You've left behind a great legacy of work and you'll never be forgotten!

November 28, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • jmr

@Dr. Rhumack: That was a beautiful and touching sentiment you wrote. I couldn't agree more 🙂

November 28, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denise

Indeed!!!

November 29, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
    • wannabehendrix

Well written sir!

November 30, 2010 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. J

I will miss you, this shouldn't have happened so soon. I wish I could bounce my heart around to all of the different places you loved to go, I feel that you are ok though so I think I have to be ok soon

November 28, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Stump297

I'm mad. He should have been president. He was chuck Norris' dad.

November 28, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bluewrist

Not a bad idea but he was born in Regina, Saskatchewan, maybe Americans would have made an exception to the rule just for him.

November 28, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Robert

Another great Hollywood icon leaves us.

November 28, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. james

Gotta love this guy...so much fun and laughs he brought my way...Im sure the same for all.

November 28, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MXD

Sad news! He was THE BEST!! LOVED him in Airplane and the Naked Gun shows!!! We are all better because of his insane comic gift. RIP, funny man!!

November 28, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Go

Riposa in pace il mio amico!

November 28, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. mike

I loved his movies! R.I.P. Les

November 28, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Gustavo Macedo

OMG, so sad. He's a big icon of my adolescence

November 28, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. joe

I'm sure once you die you instantly go trolling the internet for losers like you telling him to rest in peace, people he never knew.

November 28, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • vila

i"m sure that will never happen to you..no one will comment on your passing...RIP Leslie

November 28, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • raven

his whole adult life he entertained people he didn't know. so why can't people have some sympathy for his family and his death? it is called having compassion for the human race. and these people are sending condolences to someone that made them laugh. you are taking your time to post about someone that you apparently don't care about. how odd.

November 28, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bert

Well, maybe someone will at least pass along condolences and messages of appreciation to the family. The guy was a great comedian, actor, and entertainer, and he could deadpan a double entende like nobody else. Great stuff, great man, great teacher for others to try and learn from. Godspeed Leslie Nielsen!

November 28, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chimp

..what a gem...may you and Eric have many laughs up there!

November 28, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Angela McMaster

He will be very missed by so many people he made laugh. I will pray for his loving family.

November 28, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Karen

Thank you for the laughter, Leslie. Rest in peace.

November 28, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. anthony

No other actor could make me laugh like you did...We miss you on earth...but heaven is in for a treat...RIP Mr Nielsen...Your Legacy will live on.

November 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Elizabeth – you are a wretched waste of estrogen. Please go take your place at the end of the line ................

November 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |