November 28th, 2010

Man falls to death at Chicago's Soldier Field

Police in Chicago, Illinois, are investigating the death of a man who fell from the upper level of Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears, to the ground outside the stadium, police said.

The incident happened around 5 p.m. Sunday while the Bears were playing the Philadelphia Eagles, said Veejay Zala of the Chicago Police Department. The 27-year-old man was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital at 5:27 p.m.

The man's name was not immediately released.

In July, a fan trying to catch a foul ball at a Texas Rangers game in Arlington, Texas, fell 30 feet, injuring himself and four others. Tyler Morris tumbled over the railing on the club level of the stadium, hit the railing on the suite level and then landed on the lower deck. His injuries were not life-threatening.

Post by:
Filed under: Illinois • Sports
  1. blahh

it was an eagle fan who thought he could fly.

November 28, 2010 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Wowjustwow

Chicago local news reports onlookers said the guy "ran and then jumped over a railing....and landed on a roof below". He later died at the hospital.

November 28, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Bob

Not sure how it happened but I can conclude it was one of the following:
    1. The guy was drunk and obviously clowning around. Not a smart choice, aka dead idiot.
    2. He committed suicide. The world is better without him and I feel terrible for the people who had to witness this guy willingly jump to his death.
    3. See 1 or 2.

November 28, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

The only person who is retarded is you for making such a shallow remark. I bet you don't have the balls to tell his family that the world's better off without him. Hey, tell you what, if you jump off Soldier field I also wont call you retarded. But go ahead and do it anyway, Loser.

November 29, 2010 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Rich

Bob, you can't conclude anything. This person may have slipped or tripped to their death. You weren't there. You don't know. I went to Shea Stadium in 2001 and the concourse to upper levels was a death trap. I, however, can conclude something. You're a really close-minded person for insinuating something negative without proper information. A man is dead. Don't speak ill of him or anyone else.

November 29, 2010 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. Will

Well, this is an interesting tribute to Leslie Nielsen/Naked Gun.....

November 28, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • keithradzion

Damn you for making me laugh at this.

Feel for the guys family and those who had to see the whole thing.

November 29, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  5. Atheist

Pete...don't use the word idiot. MY grandson is an idiot. Try to expanding your vocabulary and realizing that
    there are individuals less fortunate than you on this planet.

November 28, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MMM

I come here for the comments. Some of you have a wicked sense of humor. An eagle fan that thought he could fly. HA I love it. ROFLMAO

November 28, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Keelar Squeed

Sherbant?

November 28, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. crashtx1

I was visiting downtown Chicago last year and got on the train to the burbs with a couple of Bears fans that were so drunk they could barely stand. They walk around the train screaming profanity. I kept waiting for a transit cop to do something, but I guess this is normal activity.

November 28, 2010 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • DUHHH!!

Have you never been in a football town before?? I don't think that's a bears thing....

November 29, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bluenote

Leslie Neilson played for the Bears? Huh... I never knew that.

November 28, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. me

r u guys chating, mocking eachothers, or leaving a comment? this is fuuny

November 29, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  11. Felcher

They forgot the part about alcohol being a factor.

November 29, 2010 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ed Bailey

I have fond memories of chicago.lake shore drive in january,penny dents in my forehead at lane tech,and soldiers field.First place I ever got stabbed! Fond memories! Poor dude was either fed up or tanked up or both.RIP

November 29, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  13. El_Capitan_De_Amerigo_Vespucci

He musta saw Jay Cutler throw 4 TDs and no picks and thought physics no longer applied to this world.

November 29, 2010 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  14. bearsfan

Must have been a Eagles fan after that ugly game!!

November 29, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  15. Paul

So how long until a knee jerk reaction takes place? Banning all seats more than 20 feet above the playing surface?

November 29, 2010 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |