Illinois House approves civil unions for gay couples
November 30th, 2010

Illinois House approves civil unions for gay couples

The Illinois House Of Representatives has narrowly approved civil unions for gay couples by a vote of 61-52, press secretary Steve Brown tells CNN.

Post by:
Filed under: Gay and lesbian
  1. Beast

Beastiality should be legal too. You should be allowed to marry an animal as long as you're in love. Gay marriage is paving the way!

December 1, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Paul

Since the animal obviously wouldn't be able to reciprocate the love, it seems like your argument is completely meaningless.

December 1, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sgt. Slaughter

When did getting married become a right???

You need a license just like any other privalige, which can be denied.

So gays don't need to get married. They should be happy that they are allowed to be gay. And SHUT THE F_ck up

December 1, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Boyracer

Hmm.....Well I'm happy that I was born gay. I'm also happy that I have the ability to spell "privilege" correctly......dumb a**

December 1, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Thomas

Hey didnt some Chinese guy marry his pillow? Like a year or so ago? Thats some funny shyt.

December 1, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

@Thomas. Ha Ha. CNN took down one of your posts. Ha Ha

December 1, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jack

Yup the american people are worthless and all red blood americans should die. that would be a good day for the world

December 1, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  6. Martina Navratilova

Where can I get a license to mary my condom wrapped sausage?

December 1, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. KhmerNY

Where is Osama Bin laden? I want to marry him. I want to marry Fidel Castro too, but he is too old and he would not able to keep me up all night.

December 1, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  8. Martina Navratilova

Fred? I asked where, not when.

December 1, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  9. KhmerNY

O.K. I'm tired of waiting for Osama Bin Laden. Can someone please marry me before this law expire?

December 1, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  10. Protoman

What's up with the Red Shuttle? Are you trying to wake up a mythical creature after millennium of slumber?

December 1, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. kuuipo

Whatever!

December 1, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Paul

At least news like this lets us catch a glimpse of all the bigots and haters. Enjoy the sunlight before you crawl back into your caves, guys.

December 1, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Taco

Wait, isn't this not what the gays want? I thought they wanted marriage, even though by definition, that is between a man and a woman. Then again, gays can get married based on the definition, right? So what are they crying about? Either be gay and don't get married, or get married and don't be gay. Pretty simple. Gay people are stupid.

December 1, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy

Civil unions, people. So that the partner can make critical decisions concerning medical care and finances, etc, without having to run and get legal papers saying they have that right to make those decisions. It's not about gay marriage, it's about basic civil rights afforded to two people who happen to be the same gender. Stop the hating and do your homework!!! The Illinois House did not legalize gay marriage...sheesh!

December 1, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy

CNN, why are you always deleting my posts when you leave MUCH more inflammatory material online? Do you people even know what a moderator does?????

December 1, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |