Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military
November 30th, 2010

Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

Letting openly gay or lesbian troops serve in the military would have little lasting impact on the U.S. armed forces, a major Pentagon review has found, several sources familiar with the results told CNN Tuesday.

Putting an end to "don't ask, don't tell," would have "some limited and isolated disruption to unit cohesion and retention," the year-long study found, but the effects would not be long-lasting or widespread.

FULL STORY

1. ServingUSN

MSG To All: I am currently serving our country and I can say that woman do get treated with respect,and some of my best shipmates are female, However there are a few "DADT" canidates that cant and or not willing to to save the lifes of shipmates nor do they want to risk there lives. Most are here mainly due to the current economic state. I fear what will happen if this is overturned, im affraid that this will give them the excuse to pull the "gay" card out when they dont get there way.

November 30, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Protoman

Duh we know.

November 30, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Protoman

DADT is fine in my opinion, but if a good service member gets outed then they shouldn't get kicked out. There have been gays in the military since the beginning. You really don't think no gays died on the beaches of Normandy do you? I had one gay boss who looked like the a biker/pro wrestler. He could kick any of your aces should you dare spew your hate towards him. People's private life is their business as long as they're not hurting anyone. Anyone who is a distraction should be kicked out gay or straight. People need to mind their own business on both sides of the fence. It's not for us to decide. Taking a poll of service members is the most fair way to go about it. If all of them were against it then I'd support their decision. They have to live with it not me.

November 30, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jim Brieske

kellen. Fuk you punk. You want to address me although I never addressed you. Meet me anywhere. Ever feel a 9mm in your mouth?
    jim

December 1, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  5. Insan Mukmin

The Taliban will see the US army made up of fairies and pansies and laugh.

December 1, 2010 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sgt. Slaughter

If gay men are going into the bunks and showers with straight men ..... Then I'm going to shower with the straight women and get my rocks off too.... HeHe

December 1, 2010 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  7. kellen

Jim..woah, calm down there buddy. You're getting a little angry- going to end up in the same ward as dr bad.

December 1, 2010 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  8. Openly Str8

Openly gay men are allowed to shower with prospective mates. So to be fair, openly str8 men should be allowed to shower with the women. Go Army!

December 1, 2010 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  9. Phil

@Jim...you make a valid point. If the Catholic church continued to allow gay priest's to openly serve, more altar boy's would be sodomized.

December 1, 2010 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  10. General Browneye Skidmark

Drop down and give me ten soldier! Ten inches that is.

December 1, 2010 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. Veritas

We are all the children of our creator he loves us ALL without exception. it's not my job to judge it is my job and and gift to be as Christ like as possible.

December 1, 2010 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  12. Giermo

Veritus, this is true. God does love us all even though he doesn't love everything we do. To be 'Christlike' means that one patterns his or her lifestyle based on what they know of Jesus. We try to do what Jesus would have done. Did Jesus join the army? Did Jesus approve of sodomy? Did Jesus campaign for his favorite politicians? Did any of his early followers approve of sodomites? We all know the answers to these questions even without opening our bibles.

December 1, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  13. Richard in Texas

To John Mccain
    From Pentagon

Sorry about that.

To #2 Jim
    They said the same thing about blacks in the military to.

To Kuuipo
    I don't want the servicemen and women to die for our country or especially not for someone elses country. Dying for a a cause is radical fanaticism. Fighting to live and kill the enemy is a soldier.

December 1, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  14. Richard in Texas

To #25 Jim
    Responding to critcism with a terroristic threat with a handgun? Stay classy Jim.

December 1, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. Protoman

Jim I'm now officially convinced you're sick. I'm not scared of you and , so if you wanna meet me in Detroit somewhere let me know. Either way I hope the cops come arrest you so you can get the help you desperately need. You and Dr.Bad are cut from the same cloth please leave this country so the sane can fix it.

December 1, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |