Police suspect arson in Israeli fire
December 3rd, 2010

Police suspect arson in Israeli fire

Israeli police said Friday that they have found a number of "suspicious articles," leading them to believe that arsonists may have been behind a deadly wildfire raging in northern Israel - the worst in the nation's history.

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said "suspicious objects" found in one of the four centers where the blaze originated Thursday raised suspicions that the fire, which has killed 41 and injured 17, was started by arsonists. Rosenfeld did not describe the objects that were found.

Meanwhile Friday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu thanked more than 13 nations for sending emergency crews and equipment to help quell the 3,700-acre fire in areas surrounding the Carmel Forest.

See gallery of photos from the fires

FULL POST

Post by:
Filed under: Israel
  1. Homer Simpson

hot time in thee ole town tonight!!

December 3, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. Ed Bailey

What would jesus say?

December 3, 2010 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. @what would Jesus say

The same thing He said last time the Jews were robbing people: "Stop turning my Father's house into a den of thieves"

December 3, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. @what would Jesus say

Then he made a whip out of tent chords and ran them off of his fathers property.

December 3, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. @what would Jesus woukd say

If modern-day Israel and her people really believed their land was holy, they would never do or approve of doing these sorts of things on that ground.

December 3, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Thinker23

I can assure you that the Israelis DO NOT APPROVE arson and other acts of terrorism in their country.

December 4, 2010 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  6. Frank

Israel,

I am shocked.shocked to hear it was arson.Round up the usual suspects!

December 3, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  7. Liberal

Bush did it.

December 3, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  8. Conservative

Obama did it.

December 3, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  9. @what would Jesus say

If there were no tent chords available for Jesus to make his whip out of, I could see him setting the greedy Jew money-changer's tables on fire.

December 3, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  10. Frank

Dear Jesus,
    Since I am one of your followers,let me state the following.
    If my father had let me die on the cross after I asked why have you forsaken me
    I would not have been happy with him.Yes.I may not have seen the big picture but dying that way had to be painful.I think we all would have been better off if you were reigning on earth than in heaven because the world right now is a hell pit.See you in 70 years.Say hello to dad for me.Stay well.

December 3, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

Dear Frank,

Thank You for your letter. Yes, I was unhappy, but when I met our Father in Heaven, He was still sobbing with tears of blood. I felt His suffering and pain greater that mine even when I was on the cross, then I realized that He doesn't forsaken me, it's just there's something need to be done for a greater purpose.

He really wants to take away all pain and sufferings, but He couldn't do it anymore coz he had already waived such right in exchange for you to feel joy, happiness and great pleasure. He wanted you to stop killing each other but he doesn't want He's will to undermine yours coz He already had given you freewill to do everything with our own agency. He wanted us do all could but he already had alredy detailed you as free agents of yourselves. And lastly, he wanted to stop death but He doesn't have such power anymore He had already given us the gift that angels and even satan every spirit whether in Heaven or in Hell had been longing to have, your BODY, but in exchange of immortality. agents that coz he already had given us knowledge to know between good and evil and the freewill to chose which side would we want to belong with. He wanted to stop death but He had none such power anymore coz he had already given the most precious gift that every spirit whether in Heaven or hell and even Satan had been longing to have, your BODY, but in exchange with immortality.

But I tell you Frank, He really wanted us back in His presence that's why he was sending prophet and seers to reveal His gospel to you and ultimately He took the risk to send me His only beggoten Son and had atoned my blood to redeem all of you.

I would really love to reign their on earth but I could never do it by force coz you've had completely neglected me.

I hope that time would come that you would TRULY accepted me and BELIEVE that I and the Father lives.

I would like to say to you, how happy I would be to have back you here with us.

Love

Jesus

December 3, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Andreas Moser

What a shame.
    The Carmel area is a beautiful patr of Israel which have travelled in many times.

December 3, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Jack

Now the land is cleared. It is your time to build a house there. Therefore, Israeli gov't does not have to bulldoze all the Palestinians' homes down.

December 3, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Michael Angel

As a Catholic I am appaled by the callousness of many of the comments; I apologize to my Jewish Brethren. We should be praying for Israel in their hour of need

December 3, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ori

You Unbeliever Their Is A Place Called Hell Fine It At Moody Book Store, Oh God Told Us To Pray For Israel And The Jews Are Gods People. Repent

December 4, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  14. Veritas

Perhaps when posting a humorous comment one should make sure it's actually FUNNY. this article does'nt merit levity of any kind. people died and others were injured where you see humor in that is beyond me. you make posting a chore by posting infantile rhetoric that most normal people find insensitive, hurtful and utterly rediculous. that being said. my thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of the dead and also the injured.

December 4, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  15. wanneh

Its a shame for someone to perform such horrific act. They should be punished when caught. Sorry for those who lost their love ones.

December 4, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |