December 9th, 2010

Pastor: 'It’s OK to say Merry Christmas'

The Rev. Robert Jeffress, senior pastor of First Baptist Church of Dallas, Texas, talks to "American Morning" on why he’s set up a website to put businesses on a "naughty" list for being too politically correct about Christmas.

Filed under: TV-American Morning
  1. helenhull102951

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. AND HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !! That means all you FOREINGERS. Did I forget any of ya???

December 10, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  2. jack

say whatever you like, the only thing that is wrong is not saying what you like

December 13, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jack

nothing wrong with any type of good wishes . at anytime of the season, but if you practice Christmas and feel uncomfortable wishing someone Merry Christmas you are lacking something,I would also add to all people if you sacrifice any other of your beliefs .And for a business to do it for money makes it even less tasteful is it better to be politically correct or have little integrity, much ado about nothing.

December 13, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Andreas Moser

I still get annoyed when people wish me "Merry Christmas": http://andreasmoser.wordpress.com/2010/12/13/why-i-hate-christmas/

December 13, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jim

If you don't want to wish someone Merry Christmas, then wish them a happy New Year, happy Hanukkah, or any other wishful thoughts from the heart. If you still disagree then wish them a good day or simply don't respond, but don't wish people happy holidays, unless you use these terms for all of the other holidays we celebrate. If you don't want to celebrate Christmas, then go to work and refuse to take the day off. If you celebrate something other than Christmas, then fine do so, if it doesn't fall on the 25th Dec, then tell your employer you will be taking a different day off instead of the 25th. If you don't want to celebrate any date and you are too lazy to go to work, then stay home and celebrate your family that day. The point is celebrate what you believe in and stop the non-sense around happy holidays. I wish everyone has a happy holiday for every holiday that comes around and I wish everyone a happy day for every day of the year, but when it comes to the 25th Dec, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

December 16, 2010 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. Mark P. Kessinger

It's a truly sad state of affairs in this country when I see my fellow Christians when a company's desire to show a little cultural sensitivity to those portions of its customer base that do not enjoy the kind of cultural hegemony we
    Christians take for granted is derisively dismissed as "political correctness." There was a time, in the not too distant past, that such cross-cultural sensitivity was considered the mark of any civilized, well-mannered adult. Acting like pigs about our cultural dominance is sure as hell no way to "win souls for Christ."

December 20, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. gaetano

I WILL CONTINUE WISHING A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to every one in the world. And I don`t give a damn what any one says or cares about it. I also hope that all you non-believers will one day find JESUS CHRIST AND LET HIM INTO YOUR HEART

December 23, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ralph

this commentator is rude. He did everything he could to discredit the pastor. Is this done to other groups?? I think not. He worked his butt off to make the pastor look like he was doing something wrong. December 25 IS Christmas. A Christian holy day. Why does the media have such a problem with that. Why should the masses have to cater to a few. Get over it. Most of the country is Christian and this country was founded on Christian values which is why this commentator can abuse his guest.

December 3, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |