Missing Virginia girl found alive, police say
December 10th, 2010

Missing Virginia girl found alive, police say

Brittany Mae Smith, 12, and her alleged abductor, Jeffrey Scott Easley, have been found alive, police in Roanoke County, Virginia, said in a statement.

Easley was taken into custosy, the statement said.

Earlier Friday, police released new video showing the girl and her alleged abductor, shopping at Walmart last Friday. Police believe her mother was killed on the same day.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Crime • Missing Children
  1. Daniel

Good news for a change. What a rarity these days!!!

December 10, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Thomas

Sucks she lost her mom but yeah, rare good news. Usually once the young ones are taken, its over.

December 10, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. waow

I bet u she wasnt held against her will and they are involved. Gross but true....chose carefully your boyfriend to be around your kids.

December 10, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sari

Are you freaking kidding me? I bet you sleep with dolls. That is an equally informed statement...

December 16, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

Sadly, I agree.

January 5, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. dean

Judging by this photo, this young lady is far older than 12 years in age. Woman in a childs body. Poor mother.

December 10, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Protoman

Sorry liberals. Immediate castration along with a heavy incarceration sentence is needed. If we can't prevent first time offenders then we should prevent second time offenders. I hope nothing bad happened to this girl.

December 10, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wes

For her, him, or both?

December 25, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. blessed

It's a great day! I'm so happy for the daughter and family. Sad that the mother was tricked by this murderous monster. Great job SFPD dispatch! Maybe now Mayor Newson sees how vital the 911 call taking position is and regret the recent call taking layoffs-but he probably won't

December 10, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Protoman

Jim I understand you being upset, but tone it down a notch. I'm not the bad guy and until I know the facts I'd prefer to hold onto some glimmer of hope this girl wasn't harmed. Of course you're probably right. Heck this girl might even be a little lolita accomplice like someone here suggested. Either way this guy should have his organs removed even if he does get a life or death sentence.

December 10, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Lumpy Rutherford

She's getting cranked up early with those duck lips. That kid's problems have just started. Shame.

December 10, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. L. Smith

Please do not crucify this little 12 yr. old. For one thing, this pic of her is so similar to dozens I've seen of other 12 yr. olds. They take pics of themselves with their cell phones & make all kinds of faces.

December 11, 2010 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  10. Protoman

@L.Smith: True. Nobody knows the facts yet. I guess one expects the worst considering all the BS in this world. I don't even want children anymore because I know the deck is stacked against them ever leading a normal life.

December 11, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  11. L. Smith

Protoman, I don't understand people saying that it looked like she went with him willingly. This is not unusual if your life is being threatened. She may have even witnessed her mother's death We just need to wait for the facts, just as you said.. A child can have a relatively normal life if, as a parent, you put your children's health & well-being above yours. The problem with so many of today's parents, they don't.

December 11, 2010 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  12. Protoman

Right and my feeling is it's either Stockholm Syndrome or it's a twisted sick example of how bad our society is getting. There was lots of stuff I could have lived without knowing. I imagine its worse with the internet.

December 11, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  13. peggysmith

I just found a place called "Printapons" where I can get my fav. restaurant coupon for 90% off!! all you have to do is just print and take it.

December 11, 2010 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  14. Protoman

Printapons sweet! If you didn't tell me what it was I could have never found happiness. Sounds like a designer feminine hygiene product though.

December 11, 2010 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jim Brieske

Protoman. Okay.
    The little girl is 5ft tall 100 pounds. The body of an older girl or young lady. He didn't want her for checkers. She may have went willingly. They shopped at Walmart together and traveled all the way cross country. She had to pee at some time. She possibly knew he was going to kill her mom. Could have been a plan. But none of it matters because she is only 12 years old. Just a kid.
    jim