6 killed in Afghanistan attack were Americans
December 12th, 2010

6 killed in Afghanistan attack were Americans

The six troops who died after an insurgent attack in southern
Afghanistan on Sunday were Americans, a U.S. military source says.

Post by:
Filed under: Afghanistan
  1. Mom

We need the attention and money spent here at home, it's long past time for our Troops to return home, including my son in Afghanistan. Bush proved to be the biggest terrorist of all and we agree should be prosecuted for war crimes.

December 12, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sal

Yeah Mom, I agree with you 100%! Bring the boys home NOW! In my earlier post I had said that george bush should have been hanged alongside Saddam Hussein. Best of luck to you and yours Mom.

December 12, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • lena

well then obama needs to be strung up toobecause he hadall the power in the world to withdrawal these troops and didnt....he ran very effectively on bringing them home as I supported him yet now he has extended them to 2014....you can't have it both ways if the war is evil than everyone contributing to it is as well not just a select few

December 13, 2010 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jessie

I hope my baby brother and our cousin get out of there soon!

December 12, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • TIM BRAGG

WHY YOU SAY THAT, THEY NEED THE WORK, ITS A JOB,

December 12, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. David

I'd like to know what people mean by "winning" the war in Afghanistan. Realistically, what is there for us to "win"?

December 12, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • mo

i say it means
      1. capturing/killing the terrorists responssible for 9/11
      2. leaving a society behind that, without presence of US troops, is not a safe harbour for terrorists
      3. create a friendlya society that will do business with US for whatever natural resources

We are going all wrong about it. We have not caputures UBL, we are creating more and more terrorists in their and a population that hates US and will seek "Badal (vengence) against us, and we're imposing a corrupt government to facilitate business that would crumble and give way to the Taliban the moment our soldiers leave. I should be president.

December 12, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Man

It would be creating a government and military that can protect its people. A stable government that lasts more than 10 years. We won't be able to eliminate the Taliban but we can get their military to the point of being able to fight them off themselves. That would be victory in my eyes.

December 12, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

Well, that's one reply. I was hoping for a few more. We are fighting a War, it's a really serious thing. Does anyone care why?

December 12, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

@Man Yes I would consider that a victory too. But considering the history of the region it seems totally impossible to me. Thanks for the reply though, and I hope I'm wrong.

December 12, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. TIM BRAGG

NO ONE MAKES OUR TROOPS GO OVER THEIR, THEY GO FOR THE MONEY, ITS ONLY A JOB, NO JOBS IN AMERICA, IF THEY DIE, THEY DIE.

December 12, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. U.S.Army-OverLord

The Taliban needs to see more of the business end of a heavy machine gun (along with the chant die MF die)

December 12, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sal

Yeah like we "won" in Korea and Vietnam, right? This Afghan war will end the same way, and so what!

December 12, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sal

Another dumb comment from Tim Bragg!

December 12, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. U.S.Army-OverLord

Tim Bragg I guess you know why we join the Army right? I've been in for 17 years. During the "good times" If you die no one will give a sh–

December 12, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Christian Soldier

I come from a family of soldiers. We've had soldiers from our family in every war, police action and conflict the United States has ever fought. Mine was the first Gulf War. Currently my daughters boyfriend is in Afghanistan with the Strykers. God bless these soldiers families for their loved ones sacrifices, may they have the support they deserve. God bless the men and women of the United States Military. God bless their families and friends. God bless our leaders, may they have the courage and strength to do whats right. And God bless those of us in this comment forum. Although we may not agree with eachother, we are still able to debate and discuss our issues. This is just one of the many freedoms we take for granted.

December 12, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sal

I'm outta here, too many dumb comments being made by some of you people. Have a good night people.

December 12, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. young marine wife

Im 17 years old All Im Asking For Is For Someone To Bring My Husband Home I Miss Him Everyone That Said They Should Fight Their Own Battle And Let Our Men And Women Come Home Are Right There Is No Reason For Them To Be Out There Just To Get Killed None Of Those People Over There Care If Our Troops Have Families Or Not. Everytime I Hear About Marines That Had Died While Fighting It Scares Me I Think Its My Husband That Got Killed. I Just Wish This Would All End So He Can Be Here With Me And All The Other Men And Women Can Be With There Families. My Heart Goes Out To The Families Of All The Fallen Soliders. Thank u Troops For Fighting For Us

December 12, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. duke

I don't support the military in these stupid wars,having said that,it's because of stories like this,that I don't support the military!!
    Sons and daughter,mothers and fathers,are losing their lives because of two things?
    GREED and the Blind eye of some stupid people!!
    While these people(the muslim world) have been waring for centuries America was chugging forward,progressing quite nicely,but due to the rules of capitalism(anything goes in the name of a dollar)there was money to be made,fast forward today and those wars have become very,very profitable,and the people have become well,dumb and dumber!!
    The military should be on our boarders not being used as merchants of death.

December 12, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Kim

I watched 9/11 LOOSE CHANGE...ONCE YOU SEE IT, YOU WILL UNDOUBTLEY KNOW WHO DID THIS HORRIFIC MASSACRE. GEORGE W BUSH SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW...STOP THIS MADNESS!

December 12, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Antietam

Obama sounded like Lyndon Johnson when he announced the 30,000 troop increase as in the "best interests of the United States." Vietnam is a 3rd world country, while Afghan is not even 4th world, it is not even a country.

December 13, 2010 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |