House passes repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'
December 15th, 2010

House passes repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'

The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to overturn the ban on gays and lesbians serving openly in the U.S. military. The measure now advances to the Senate for further consideration.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Don't Ask Don't Tell • Military
  1. sosad

The negative comments here are truly immature. There are gay people all around you every day and you do not realize because they will look like the average person...they are just an average person. A persons se/xuality does not determine how well they do their job.

December 15, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

so your telling me if there was two guys.. a strait one and a gay one..

if they worked at oscar-meyer hotdog packing plant they would both be just as good at handleing those wieners?

December 15, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cesar

@Ruffnut, Yep, Phil, and PFC Barky: Sosad is right. Shame on you.

December 15, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Cesar

@Ruffnut. No. The one with the more experience at working with winners would do the better job. I don't believe that would be the straight guy.

December 15, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

I meant wieners, not winners.

December 15, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Copythat

I'm in the AF and if you're willing to deploy and fight the fight with me then bring it. I honestly don't mind gays in the military...It's those who flaunt it and are just plain flagrant. Because once it's open then those clowns are the ones that make the rest of us uncomfortable. So we need to keep this 'don't ask don't tell' thing going. I'm sure there are gay people in my building now, just keep it to yourself.

December 15, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Drew

Anderson Cooper, are you now the official spokesperson for the gay community? Do you cover any other news items? Is that all we get from you?

December 16, 2010 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  7. phil

@Cesar...I've never heard of a gay dog before. And I think gay's who enlist before this law changes should be allowed to opt out. Because everyone is going to be asking and telling once it's repealed. I truly fear for the gay community. i'm afraid they are being lured out into the open where the fascists can get to them. Yeah, I make fun of them from time to time, but I make fun of others who concern me also. I try to keep it good natured. sorry if i offended you. Wait, you are in Detroit, right? Now i find that offensive. he-he

December 16, 2010 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  8. Thomas

Wait. . Gay animals? No way. Oh sure, a male dog may hump another male dog but thats only because hes confused. He wasnt born that way hes just confused. If you told him what he was doing was wrong, he'd probebly be so embarrassed he'd jump of a bridge or something like th. . OHHH. .um, nevermind.

December 16, 2010 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. Cesar

@Thomas: There are gay animals. Bruce Bagemihl says so. He is a Canadian biologist.

December 16, 2010 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
  10. Cesar

@Phil: I am offended. Me from Detroit? I'd rather be gay.

December 16, 2010 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  11. phil

Good one Cesar. If there were gay dogs, reports of their activities would be world headlines, not just blog-box wishes. Look at all the attention gay human's get. And we love our pets, so yeah, if there were gay animals besides humans, it would be on the news a lot. Is Detroit really that bad?

December 16, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  12. phil

I mean besides Dennis Rodman. Is Detroit all that bad?

December 16, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. texas

Am retired. Was in from 73-76 took a 10 year break went back and spent another 19 yrs. Gays and lesbian were in the military then. We were intelligent enough to know not ask and not to tell. The only thing I want to know- the person who is with me for a movement to contact,will not bug out when the fire fight begins, my husband is prior infantry and believes the same. No body wants to know your business-gay or straight

December 16, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  14. Thomas

@cesar. I don't buy it. Biologist or not. My guess is, he's gay and doesn't want to look at nature as the ultimate example.

December 16, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. Cesar

Yes,that bad; I assume Detroit is crime infested. Probably has gay cats and dogs too; the ones Thomas doesn't think exist.

December 16, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |