Overheard on CNN.com: Sex-crime victims' take on TSA
December 21st, 2010

Overheard on CNN.com: Sex-crime victims' take on TSA

COMMENT OF THE DAY: "I guess I personally don't care if someone sees me in a body scan or even pats me down. I'm more upset that we are forced to do it." –cjb21980

Editor's note: This post was written by Kristine Griggs, a member of our comments staff.

Sex-crime victims who opt for pat downs instead of full-body scans at airports face more than inconvenience and blushed cheeks. They might have disabling traumatic flashbacks that can last for days or weeks. And while survivors of sex crimes generally understand the need for safety regulations, many CNN readers think all fliers' rights are being violated by the new regulations and that they simply don't work. Still others are sympathetic both to the victims of sex crimes and the Transportation Security Administration agents who have to perform their duties.

Check out what readers are saying about this and other stories on CNN.com

1. phil@ThomasD

@Mr. P...America is pelled with a captal "A" if you don't mind. I know She ain't as pretty as She used to be, but give the Lady some dignity would ya? I'm guilty of being overly-critical of Her myself, but at least I give Her time to put her make-up on.

December 22, 2010 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. phil

Oops...forgot to change my s/n back to plain old phil...sorry about that ThomasD.

December 22, 2010 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  3. ThomasD

Not a problem. You might have confused me an hour ago but Im on mug #2 now so Im good.

December 22, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. phil

"If you love what America has become, you are either too young to remember, or you never really got to know Her"–phil (made that one up several years ago, now look at Her. I kinda feel sorry for Her. It ain't all Her fault ya know?)

December 22, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  5. Sidewinder

At least we have a choice in the US, which is more than any of us would get in most countries. You want to fly these days, you have got to suck it up.

I need more coffee, lmao!

December 22, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. boomer

Don't you just hate multiple personality disorder.

December 22, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  7. phil

If you were molested as a child and being pattet-down still bothers you, get some therapy. (or get some more) Pedophiles are generally people who were victimized, but never recieved any help. And work through your difficulty with a therapist who doesn't just put you on prescription drugs or you'll never be well. (in my humble albiet bodacious opinion)

December 22, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  8. ThomasD

Seems to be the way its done nowadays, isnt it. Write em a scrip. Dope em up.

December 22, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  9. phil

Yup. As if their problem is lack of medication. Dr's write so many prescriptions so fast, you can barely decipher their handwriting. If a prescription writer were to post here, everyone would reply "huh?"

December 22, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  10. ThomasD

Keeps the pharmasuticals (sp.?) happy though, I bet. Not to mention, the insurance companies. Haha, we better not get started on all that.

December 22, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  11. phil @ ThomsD & everyone else

Hi there. Please visit "The Day's Most Popular Stories" thread and read my post's. Even if you don't like me! Really, it's important. thank-you in advance, LOVE, phil (agape' love that is)

December 22, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |