The day's most popular stories
December 21st, 2010

The day's most popular stories

The five most popular stories on CNN.com in the last 24 hours, according to NewsPulse:

'Barney Miller' star Steve Landesberg dies: Steve Landesberg (pictured), best known for his role as a cerebral detective on the TV sitcom "Barney Miller," has died of cancer, his agent said. He was 65.

'Spider-Man' performer injured in fall: The Broadway stage musical "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" will have new safety protocols when it reopens Wednesday night, following an accident in which a performer fell and suffered serious injuries during a preview, officials said.

Ginnifer Goodwin: I've been on Weight Watchers for 23 years: “Big Love” actress Ginnifer Goodwin has been sticking to Weight Watchers for the long haul.
California, Utah awash in rain, snow and mudslides: Storm-weary Californians, some driven from their homes, faced another day of record-breaking snow, rain and flooding as the latest in a series of storms deluged the region, forecasters said Tuesday.
'Hallelujah Chorus' closes California mall: Two months after a California mall was closed following a devastating fire, authorities had to close it again Monday night after Christmas singers clogged the shopping center

Filed under: Most Popular
  1. phil

Like when a womans nips and brest(intentionally spelled wrong, the correct spelling wouldn't post) have been manhandled too hard for too long, or have suffered from too many babies biting them, etc...cells die. Ordinarily, these conditions would only make for soreness. But with undigested red meat stuck in the intestines combined with excessive exposure to solvents...the fluke eggs hatch, and begin to devouur the womans brest. it's called brest cancer.

December 22, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. phil

@ThomasD...radical changes would be called for. Your refrigerator would go outside or in the garage (even new refrigerators leak freon, a solvent) Your carpet would need to be ripped up.(carpet dye is a solvent, and is released when UV light fades the carpet) You would NEVER turn the a/c on in your home or car unless grandma was suffocating. You would stop using wooden toothpicks(processed with isopropyl alcohol, a solvent) You would drink only tapwater until your cancer receded(bottled and canned beverages are processed with isopropyl alcohol, a solvent) the list goes on and on and this post box is small. These measures would be troublesome and time consuming, but well worth the effort when you consider the alternative: chemotherapy

December 22, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. phil

You would also STOP eating red meat and dairy products for at least one year, eat at least 2 servings of LIVE green vegetables EVERY afternoon for the rest of your life, and you would eat NOTHING but fruits and grains 'till noon every single day. And this is MOST vital: SUNLIGHT. Until your pupils have been exposed to about 20 Minutes of ultrapviolet light, your system cannot produce a chlorophyl-like substance(i forget it's actual name). The combination of sunlight and LIVE green's produces this substance, and it is the ONLY process known to science that can "scrub" human cells. (my thumbs are tired, I'll be back laeter. thank you–phil

December 22, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  4. phil

P.S...so lose the UV sunglasses.

December 22, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. tomcat

As Phil knows(and now you all will) I have been diagnosed with lymphoma. I am lucky it was detected early. I am going through chemo and have had a reaction to the retuxin twice. My Dr. will try another med at my next treatment in Jan. This disease has opened my eyes as to how precious life is. It has also affected my family and friends. I will not be beat by this. I have too much to live for. A beautiful granddaughter and another on the way. I guess all I can say is dont take things for granted. Love and cherish your families. Look at todays news, two firefighters died, the tradegy of the family that lost three children now lost the Grandparents. Life can be cruel live it as it maybe your last. May God bless you all and happy holidays.

December 22, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ThomasD

@ Phil & Tomcat. I get the distinct impression that being given the opportunity to know either of you would be an honor. Phil I get what you're saying here and understand its 'mechanics'. I think you're on solid ground in your thinking and intend to learn more on my own. Thank you for the insights you offer here. (cont.)

December 22, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. phil

Thanks ThomaD. I got the same feeling when I first met you as well. You are one of the few people here who expresses appreciation for other's thoughts. I met tomcat here several months ago, and got the same good vibes. He's a lot of fun too. I noticed you did the (cont) and I've been waiting for it. Couldn't wait any longer. thank you for this. 🙂

December 22, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. phil @ tomcat

Shoot. my post won't go thru tomcat. I've tried and tried. watch, this one will go thru.

December 22, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. phil @ tomcat

Dang it. now it's say "duplicate comment detected"... I'll try again later buddy.

December 22, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |