The day's most popular stories
December 21st, 2010

The day's most popular stories

The five most popular stories on CNN.com in the last 24 hours, according to NewsPulse:

'Barney Miller' star Steve Landesberg dies: Steve Landesberg (pictured), best known for his role as a cerebral detective on the TV sitcom "Barney Miller," has died of cancer, his agent said. He was 65.

'Spider-Man' performer injured in fall: The Broadway stage musical "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" will have new safety protocols when it reopens Wednesday night, following an accident in which a performer fell and suffered serious injuries during a preview, officials said.

Ginnifer Goodwin: I've been on Weight Watchers for 23 years: “Big Love” actress Ginnifer Goodwin has been sticking to Weight Watchers for the long haul.
California, Utah awash in rain, snow and mudslides: Storm-weary Californians, some driven from their homes, faced another day of record-breaking snow, rain and flooding as the latest in a series of storms deluged the region, forecasters said Tuesday.
'Hallelujah Chorus' closes California mall: Two months after a California mall was closed following a devastating fire, authorities had to close it again Monday night after Christmas singers clogged the shopping center

Filed under: Most Popular
  1. phil

Also, I mistakenly called it a tapeworm in one of my posts...it's a flatworm as I had posted earlier. And I'm no expert so if you find fault with my words, I'm just an old man scratching my head and wondering what the hello is going on in the world.

December 22, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. phil

Pls. scroll up and read all of my post if you have 2 min. to spare. ty

December 22, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. ThomasD

@Phil. Oh boy. Im hardly qualified to even comment on all that. And usually when Im not I keep my mouth shut. I have heard many times though of the various organisms living inside our bodies. Its not difficult to imagine that ingesting that which isnt natural to the body might change the behavior of these 'crappy little worms.' Im curious though as to how thier change in behavior and growth stages causes the diseases you mention. By poisoning the body by breaking down its waste too soon?

December 22, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  4. phil

ThomasD, these are living cratures and do not behave like a virus(virus lit. "toxin") So they don't poison you, they consume you. Normally they do this to your dung, outside your body. When you have undigested red meat stuck in your gut, the eggs that would usually hatch outside, now hatch inside and begin forming a huge colony of baby flukes. Usually, ONLY the adult lives inside of you. But when you ingest solvents, the eggs that would normally pass, hatch instead and begin doing their dirtly little deeds. Does this answer your question? (thanks for stopping by too)

December 22, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. phil

I WILL BE IN AND OUT OF THIS THREAD TILL IT'S GONE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS. (sorry for yelling) –phil

December 22, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ThomasD

Ok. Yeah, I see your point. I was just thinking that since the eggs are hatched inside, some of the consumption of human waste might also begin inside instead of out, whereby poisoning the bloodstream with it. Hmm. Yeah, Id have to do some reading on this. As to why we dont seem to hear about this, I dont know. At least not beyond what my 'conspiracy theorist' mindset tells me.

December 22, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. phil

@ThomasD...when solvents are in your digestive system, rather than passing with dung, the eggs hatch inside. Dung on the ground attracts a snail that eats dung along with eggs and hatchlings and the fluke matures inside the snail. Once the fluke reaches adulthood, it leaves the snail and comes looking for you. Usually, only adult flukes live inside of you, and their eggs don't hatch until they get outside. The solvents force the eggs to hatch inside of you, contrary to nature.

December 22, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ThomasD

Ok Im with ya. Understand all that. I guess what Im wondering about though is, what happens next? The little buggers are hatched inside instead of out and start to devour us, undigested red meat, human waste and such. But then what? Like, how do these things culminate in the diseases described above? Hope it doesnt sound like Im argueing ur points. Not at all. Just makes me curious.

December 22, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. tomcat

Phil wow. This is something I will ask my oncalagist about.

December 22, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. phil

The little baby flukes go looking for something dead to eat. Solvents kill human cells. They do not differntiate between dead meat and dead cells. Chemotherapy kills them, but kill everything else as well. Once you have eliminated solvents from your system, your system goes back to natural and the problems go away. Remember, these solvents are found in a wide variey of products we use daily. So these products would need to be removed as well. I mentioned a few of them initially in the above posts.

December 22, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. phil

tomcat!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping you would stop by. I've wanted to get this info to you personally, but it's such a private matter. And please let us know what your Doctor says...k? thank you friend.

December 22, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ThomasD

Yeah. Thats a big problem. I see your point. Many products either produced with solvents or are solvent based. Im sure people must ingest far more than they realize.

December 22, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. phil

ThomasD...exactly. Maybe this will help explain how the process works: a smoker's lungs are full of dead cells. Ordinarily, this just limits your lung capacity. But when solvents like isopropyl alcohol or even fumes from solvent based products enter your system too much, fluke flatworm eggs are forced to hatch (rather than naturally passing) and begin consuming your lungs. It's called lung cancer.

December 22, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. phil

When your throat has been irritated to the point of cell's dying, either from smoking or just plain being hard on your throat (like how you clear your throat to spit, but do it hard for years) or from chronic acid reflux, etc...the fluke hatchlings begin devouring your throat. It is called throat cancer.

December 22, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ThomasD

Ok. So other than eliminating solvents from our 'diet', how could we irradicate the bugs? Or, at least control thier infestation?

December 22, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |