House passes health care bill for first responders in September 11 attacks
December 22nd, 2010

House passes health care bill for first responders in September 11 attacks

The House of Representatives on Wednesday passed a bill that provides medical treatment and compensation for first responders of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack in New York, sending the measure to President Barack Obama to be signed into law.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Barack Obama • Health • Health Care • Politics
  1. RUFFNUTT

ok now thats over pass something to get our jobs back from china, mexico and other places. jobs = more income for the country.

December 22, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave in nevada

No chance with the obstructionist "party of NO" Teabaggers coming to town. It's gonna be "ready....set....STOP" allover again for the next two years.

December 23, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Nardino

May the Lord Jesus have mercy upon me, and give me new life.

December 22, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy

Que?

December 22, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Richard

My uncle was a fireman during 9/11. He was not in the towers at the time of the collapse, but he took part in the clean-up. Just one month ago, he was diagnosed with a very rare form of stomach cancer. He is not expected to make it to Christmas. He's a hero, and this rare form of cancer definitely was caused by breathing in all those toxic fumes. I hope that this bill covers the people that not just were in towers..but the men and women who took part in the clean up.

December 23, 2010 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  5. pw

I'm so glad the 9-11 responders got what was own to them. Mccain and coburn need grow-up and stop acting like five year olds.

December 23, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. last minute cheap hotel deals

I'm aware of this previously, but still there have been several helpful pieces that completed the picture to me, thank you!

July 22, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |