December 24th, 2010

8 inmates injured in Arizona prison melee

Eight men were hospitalized Thursday after a melee among about 180 inmates in the lunchroom of an Arizona prison, authorities said.

The incident occurred at the Red Rock Correctional Facility in Eloy, Arizona, said senior patrol Officer Michael Andonie of the Eloy Police Department.

The prison is a private facility in central Arizona, owned by Corrections Corporation of America, Andonie said

Most of the hospitalized inmates suffered head injuries, Andonie said

The police spokesman said he did not know what caused the fight.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Arizona
  1. ladylizin dc

But black americans don't know that they are not so freedom is just a dead word

December 24, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Texas

Well...why don't you go to some other country where you are free?

December 24, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
    • whgage

You have no concept of freedom.

December 24, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Boney

wake up ladylizin...nobody wants to hear anymore you can't succeed because of your race....if you are not successful it's because you are too lazy.

December 24, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. mr.r

How did this turn into a race thing??? African americans don't get thrown in prison for nothing. I'm sure you would like to think so but they commit a lot of crimes.Don't steal my bike.

December 24, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. Texas

There are more blacks in prison because they commit more crime.

December 24, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  4. phil

Interesting thread. Many of your post's are right on! Like jaillawyer. Well done! One question though...If it's not OK for "rent-a-cops" working for corporate prisons to punish inmates, would it then also be not OK for "rent-a-soldiers" working for corporate armies to punish Afghani's and Iraqi's? Also, the self-righteousness displayed in a lot of you people's post's is repugnant, ugly even. If you were busted for every single time you ran a red light, failed to come to a complete stop, failed to yield, cheated even slightly on your taxes, every time you exceeded the speed-limit, etc,etc,etc...how many years would you be serving in jail or prison? Self-righteous hypocrites indeed.

December 24, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • GaGa

phil..
      "If you were busted for every single time you ran a red light, failed to come to a complete stop, failed to yield, cheated even slightly on your taxes, every time you exceeded the speed-limit, etc,etc,etc...how many years would you be serving in jail or prison?"
      Ummm..you would receive a citation, not sent to prison. Think before you post.

December 24, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. phil

@Ga Ga...no, I would be imprisoned as an habitual traffic offender just for how many times I exceed the speed limit.

December 24, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. Fraggle rock

I can tell none of u geeks have been to a prison and its a damn good thing u havent especially a california prison and trust me mexicans are past blacks in the prison population atleast in cali white boys get a slap on the wrist believd or not the numbers 4 blacks are down and thats great thanks to mexicans so thank u mexicans 4 taking the pressure off blacks u are the new enemy so continue to cross the border

December 24, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. phil

If you threw in every time I failed to report cash income on my income-tax form, I would be executed. he-he...well maybe not executed, but certainly imprisoned for tax evasion.

December 24, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. Fraggle rock

Nothing can kill the african race slavery tried but failed white hate groups tried but failed crack tried but failed bring it we dare u

December 24, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  9. GaGa

Frag...quit making excuses and go get a job. start being a productive member of society instead of a lazy no good whiner, blaming everyone else for your laziness. BTW, you hardly scare me...bring it on if you can find the energy. you may need to get of the crack first.

December 24, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Vick4MVP

@Texas u must be white i bet u dont have the guts to say anything to no black man face and and our country is across the water not across Texas and thank god

December 24, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Texas

thanks for the hearty laugh. and since your country is across the water, start swimming!

December 24, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LmD

You're all a bunch a morons! Who gives a fuk? I don't and I'm all that matters.

December 24, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Nichole

How did this become a racial discussion? And for those of you who believe prison is a country club I have a question, Have you ever visited someone in prison or been in prison yourself? While I am not proud my little brother is in prison I have gone to see him several times. The tension and hate you feel while there is almost unbearable. It doesn't suprise me there is violence and hate in prison, society has placed hundreds of criminals, some violent, into a building and expects to have peace and harmony? I don't know what the solution to this problem would be, I'm just saying stop acting suprised. And as for white people getting easier punishments, you all need to do some reserch before you play that card. My little brother got a 12 year sentance for a fight he was in and the other guy was badly hurt. My brother deserved to go to jail for this crime I do not have a problem with that. But a BLACK man shoots and kills a 17 year old WHITE boy and gets 4 years? The race card needs to be taken outta the deck.

December 24, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Fraggle rock

@ GaGa for your information i can tell u are trailor trash or a border hopper i have a job and always did to think just because i speak up for my people that i use crack goes to show u how ignorant and brainwashed this so called great country is no wonder it is being exposed for what it really is by the day the end is around the corner

December 24, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • GaGa

Frag, no, I don't live in a trailer and I don't even know what a "border hopper" is. Never heard that term before. Funny, you obviously do! And I base my comments on personal observations. Just curious, what "end" is just around the corner? I'm finding your comments more and more amusing.

December 24, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Texas

Name calling is not nice...being a hypocrite are you?

December 24, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. cat

Why don't they just through these people in a huge cage and let them feed themselves and they can kill and fight each other as much as they want. Then eventually they will all be gone and the tax payers won't have to pay for all this BS.

December 24, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  15. phil

Virtually every single one of US would be in prison right now if the IRS found out about cash income we failed to report. Everyone who has always without fail reported every single penny they ever made to the IRS, speak out! and tell US why.

December 24, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

Uh yes its really not that hard... and the reason why is becase thats what anyone who enjoys the comforts afforded to us in this country should do.... Honestly, the taxes in this country are not even that much compared to others.. hell only 46% of people in this country pay taxes anyway, yet I'm sure they have no problems expecting the same benefits as the 54% who do..

December 24, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |