Convicted urine collector in trouble again
December 24th, 2010

Convicted urine collector in trouble again

An Ohio man whose fetish-driven actions led Ohio to pass a law banning the collection of bodily fluids may be headed back to jail.

Alan David Patton, 59, is awaiting trial for allegedly installing urine-collection devices in a Lewis Center, Ohio, fast-food restaurant, The Columbus Dispatch reported.

He was convicted in 2009 of charges related to collecting other people's urine in his hometown of Dublin, Ohio, according to the newspaper.

The registered sex offender is accused of violating his bond conditions for the more recent case, the Dispatch reported. He faces as long as eight months in jail and $1,500 in fines if convicted, it said.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Ohio • U.S.
  1. Isis

One interesting aspect of this is that, in America, it's generally unacceptable to eat a cat. Whereas, elsewhere around the world it is common in certain countries.

Collecting urine in a public place with the implied idea it's been discarded doesn't seem to make this a "crime", per se.

I think it's disgusting and he's got major issues... I hope there is some help for him.

December 26, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. monie

@Hiearchy ummm...i think the word you are looking for is 'lose' unless your brain cells are running 'loose' in your head...just an observation.

December 27, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  3. Just Passing By

Why, Why would we ever condemn someone for something that has hurt NOBODY? As far as I'm aware, Unless he has some serious lab equipment he can't extract the DNA assuming its been mixed with other peoples as I doubt he was there to change a sterile collection unit after every urination and if he did, what will he do with it? Clone them? He's not a nut job he just see's life from a different angle from the rest of us. He has a fascination [sic?] with Urine and thats all. I've a fascination [sic again?] with Anarchism and thats far from a social norm and I've been arrested for expressing my beliefs but its made me who I am today. A Person who's smart enough to break every social norm I see fit and never get caught. I'm proud to be constantly trying to destroy all social norms and although I've never collected Urine he's just doing something that he see's as perfectly normal.

Long story short,
    I don't condone,
    I definitely don't condemn,
    He hurt no one so far nor did he impede their right to freedom.
    Its Larceny of waste if anything and as a previous poster said thats not a crime in your country as your police can legal trawl through your garbage.

Throw him into a mental care system, and if you don't wanna do that, send him to Europe most of us have Great mental health care free of charge.

December 27, 2010 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  4. jbond

Obummer is going to Let the price of everything go up by 15% or more during 2011.

December 27, 2010 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  5. B SKI

If I was to see this guy, I would tell him URINE a bad situation get help.

December 27, 2010 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  6. bdfd

people like this make me sick >:|

December 27, 2010 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. DONALD KIRKBRIDE

when a 15 yearold boy was arrested here in scotland for killing his girlfriend the police when they searched his bedroom found bottles of urine but although mentioned at his murder trial was dismissed by his qc(queens council) as inadmissable evidence though no defence explaination was given for the reason for collecting his urine in bottles but he was still found guilty of murder

December 27, 2010 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  8. MG

Crack Friday, what would you call "gross $-e-x-u-a-l imposition" with a male child? The man appears to be a pedophile in addition to having urine fetish and legal issues. Um's reading comprehension skills seem just fine.

December 27, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mike

I also heard this guy was convicted of "peeing and eluding" back in the 80's.

December 27, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  10. Bill McGowan

So exactly what does this sorry fool do with the urine anyway ? Get him off the streets and keep him locked up. All of his new jail house friends will gladly deliver their urine to his cell.

December 27, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joe

Don't eat yellow snow...

December 27, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Daniel

A lot of people here are wondering what he did with this urine. He would drink it. He thought he would inherit strength from other people if he drank their urine.

December 27, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. sue

OMG!!!!!

December 27, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. francisco

buahahaha this guy has life fu##ed up

December 27, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Omin

And I bet he makes more a year than all of us put together.

December 27, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |