8 American tourists killed in Egypt bus crash
December 26th, 2010

8 American tourists killed in Egypt bus crash

Eight American tourists - six women and two men - were killed in a traffic accident Sunday while on a tour bus in Aswan, Egypt, the country's interior ministry said.

An additional 19 American tourists and two Egyptians - the bus driver and a tour guide - were injured.

A total of 116 American tourists were traveling in three tour buses. The interior ministry said the middle bus - carrying 37 of the tourists - crashed into a parked dump truck loaded with sand.

Aswan is one of Egypt's popular tourist sites and is about 1,000 kilometers (621 miles) away from Cairo.

Post by:
Filed under: Egypt • World
  1. RUFFNUTT

BUS VS DUMPTRUCK = dumptruck is victorious.

December 26, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy

Hey, RUFFNUTT! What's up?

I typed the first line of the Grinch song, and I was okay! Assuming it was the Dr. Suess Grinch song....

December 26, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. phil

I haven't been to Chicago in years, and then I wasn't driving. My luggage was lost and I walked from one end of Ohare to the other, then back again, and then back to the other end. I missed my connecting flight, and nursed blisters for a few days. (was wearing some new boots)It was like navigating through a maze. Cesar? Yeah, earlier when he announced his new Big Joe s/n on another thread. He seemed alright to me. I'll keep an eye out, and hope he's OK.

December 26, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy

@phil:
    Cesar is now Big Joe? Kinda thought so, from the tone of his posts. Thanks for the head's up.
    Started a trend there, big guy? 🙂
    I don't look at all the boards because I'm on my crackberry. It would take me forever. My pc is down.

December 26, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Basu Srinivasan

Egypt is one of the worst countries to go travelling. This is a terrible tragedy, that so many people lost their lives.

December 26, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. phil

@banasy...my pc is alway's down. Downstairs. I keep downstairs blocked-off during the cold Colorado winter. I get on my pc from time-to-time, but it's cold. So I prefer posting from my cellphone upstairs where I keep it a balmy 64 degrees. I have no problem going from Board to board with this phone, and have no idea what a "crackberry" is. Please do tell.

December 27, 2010 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. Geniese

I know two of the people invovled one is dead and the other is critically injured. Let's keep all of the families in prayer and believe that no ill will was meant but instead it was a horrible accident.

December 27, 2010 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
    • PDF

God Bless the family and friends. From Washington State. Wish the others would stop finger-pointing and have some sympathy. Was it your relative? Hush up and PRAY! (please)

December 27, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cathy

Just returned from Egypt. We always felt safe. Excellent drivers and guides, beautiful people. Traffic no worse than many Americans cities and texting drivers. Condolences to the families.

December 27, 2010 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Allison

Are you my Cathy who just returned from Egypt?

December 27, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  9. A.Q

Possible driver felt to sleep since they have to work them to death with little money .God bless them all ,sorry for this to happen .

December 27, 2010 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. phil

@Marc...you are mistaken. There are dozens of examples where you claim there are none. Google 'Blythe Man' for starters. After you eat that crow, we can move on to the ancient pyramids east of St. Louis. After choking that down, we can dicuss our own ancient mound dwellers. Get a clue.

December 27, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. really?

Hey Ruffnutt,

You came across my mind this week when I had to scratch my '?'.

Your cousin,
    Itchy-nutts

December 28, 2010 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  12. Beryle1236

It surely does take bit to find awesome information like this. Thanks so much. taringa-z.com and subestrenos.com

August 7, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. trykenter

This is a terrible tragedy, that so many people lost their lives

December 26, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |