5 teens found dead in Florida motel
December 27th, 2010
11:09 PM ET

5 teens found dead in Florida motel

Authorities are investigating the deaths of five teenagers, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning, after they were found Monday afternoon in a motel in Hialeah, Florida, police said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Florida
soundoff (226 Responses)
  1. The Scantily Clad Exclamation Point !

    @ donna re: This is florida, sunshine state. The weather was about 80 degrees with a low of 50. Hardly the kind of winter heating weather.
    » Umm yea. 'cept Florida the Sunshine State, due to a radical shift in the jet stream & an arctic blast, for the past week + has been dipping down into extremely cold, even recording breaking cold temps. Even as far south as Miami, it has gotten down into the 20's & 10's & LOWER with the wind chill on some nights.

    December 28, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bigwave85

      Global warming. Call the AL GORE hotline and pledge now!

      December 28, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. coaxicoatl@hotmail.com

    Ahhh, 5 fewer people to compete for jobs with in the future.
    And who says there is never any good news anymore.

    December 28, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jackson Green

    Hope the families of those people will be okay. It would take a while for me to get back and moving if it was my son that was poisoned!!!

    December 28, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. LOL

    What is funny is that everyone commenting on this and complaining about not having enough details and that CNN sucks, don't realize that every time they leave a remark in disgust hoping for better reporting, blah blah blah,etc...... is simply giving relevancy to this article in the SE's. Which really stinks because then this get s more importance than other articles that have more relevant information making them harder to find by putting too much focus on this masterful piece of reporting(lol)

    Drones I tell ya.

    For those who make jokes about people dying, get a lclue before yours is taken away by your own stupidity.

    December 28, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • thanks

      What's an iClue? Is it yet another device to be overpriced by Apple?

      December 28, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. lynn

    very tragic. would like more info. my heart goes out to the family of all involved.

    December 28, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bigwave85

    They were smoking K2. Better stock up cuz its illegal in 2011!

    December 28, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tyrannasaurus

    Using a car for heating in FLORIDA...... how stupid is that...............A CAR?

    December 28, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cynthia Rutherford ...Seattle Wa

    I have a teen age grand daughter ,and I can't imagine hearing she was found dead anyplace. My heart cries for the families.I pray God gives them the strenghth they will need to go through life. God Bless them All .

    December 28, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Athena

    What a bunch of jerks. Everyone of you were teens once. Many of you have teens. Teens make errors in judgement, it's part of growing up. Some mistakes are more serious than others. Plenty of candidates here in the comment section for "Darwin Awards."

    My condolences to the families of these young people.

    December 28, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. samuelmajorstock.biz

    My heart goes out for thoes famaily wow

    December 29, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  11. Horace Shíte

    @Tyrannasaurus they were not using it for heat. They left it running because it had to be jump started earlier & none of them realized the altenator would have recharged the battery completely already. Had it not the vehicle would have stalled out and shut down.
    @ Athena
    » As far as 'we were all teens once & made errors...' yea but none THAT stupid especially considering there was 5 of them together at least ONE of them should have understood CO poisioning. Or at least been smart enough to close the door, open a window, know that the battery would have been recharged by then, or at least could have been jump started again...
    any ONE of the above.

    December 29, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • She Who Must Be Obeyed

      Mrs. Rumpole says "This motel is known for having garages below the rooms. Also, these are not the first deaths from CO2 at this facility."

      January 6, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Name*kehinde

    how did Co2 get in there to kill 5 teens? so sad

    December 29, 2010 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
    • anona

      CO2 = carbon dioxide = did not kill anyone
      CO = carbon monoxide = reportedly killed 5 teenagers

      January 15, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mrjamman

    More details on this story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1342478/Five-teens-poisoned-car-motel-carbon-monoxide-poisoning.html

    December 30, 2010 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  14. Maddie

    It was probably the CO from the car coming up into the room. Most likely...

    January 2, 2011 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  15. webs

    Hope one of the cool people blogging on here dies of CO poisoning as well. NABAI

    January 4, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11