5 teens found dead in Florida motel
December 27th, 2010
11:09 PM ET

5 teens found dead in Florida motel

Authorities are investigating the deaths of five teenagers, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning, after they were found Monday afternoon in a motel in Hialeah, Florida, police said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Florida
soundoff (226 Responses)
  1. SNM

    Tweet the news!

    December 27, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. dms

    other news sites already report details.

    Its not drugs, it bad genes plus a lousy education system that is so bad that by age 19 they people do not know that Carbon monoxide is poisonous. This is natural selection folks...

    December 27, 2010 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • bizzyb0ne017

      Carbon Monoxide is an odorless gas that can leak from things such as a heater being run during the winter time, jerk.

      December 28, 2010 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
    • tapu

      On the subject of natural selection, do you have an adequate number of carbon monoxide detectors in your house? (Dude, you your sake, and your families', look into what I'm telling you.)

      On the other hand, I am a proponent of natural selection. Well, you'll puck something else up. Cheers!

      December 28, 2010 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. Greta

    That's sad 😦

    December 27, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tjeerd

    so sad!!

    December 27, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. victor

    THIS IS A JOKE? FOR REAL...

    December 27, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary2

      You're a tool. Go back to Sears.

      December 27, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Chuck Nunchuck

    The lack of detail in the article every single comment= quite possibly the most hilarious piece of internet ever.

    December 27, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • JustIn

      Agreed. The first comment of "Okay...?" had me literally laughing of loud.

      December 27, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Daphne

    USA Today has more info: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-12-27-motel-deaths-florida_N.htm

    December 27, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. mat jagger

    where's Florida?

    December 27, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Christine

    Actually, it was "just in" hours earlier tonight, and if you want actual details, they were printed (hours earlier) tonight at the Miami Herald:

    http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/27/1990337/five-men-found-dead-inside-hialeah.html#storylink=twt

    It's incredibly tragic.

    December 27, 2010 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. John tees

    I live in florida ware were the parents once again.we hear these type of things all the time!

    December 27, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary2

      Ware? Furthermore, how stupid does one have to be to not know that Carbon Monoxide is poisonous.... I blame many parents in certain situations but this? Not one of them.

      December 27, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark, Toronto

      These accidents happen all the time, it is not faulty parents, it is not drugs, it is just a very tragic accident sheesh

      December 28, 2010 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  11. 2100

    im tired

    December 27, 2010 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joe

    Isn't Carbon Monoxide oderless? Without the proper alarm, those kids didn't have a chance. I blame the hotel!

    December 27, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Brian

    There are links below to the full details. This is a tragic story. All five kids were still in their street clothes watching tv. Five families are crushed. Peace be with them all.

    December 27, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Joe

    Sry, Motel.

    December 27, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  15. kaun

    CNN doing it Twitter style.

    December 27, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11