Passengers endure delays of up to 7 hours on JFK tarmac
December 28th, 2010

Passengers endure delays of up to 7 hours on JFK tarmac

Hundreds of travelers spent up to seven hours stranded in cramped planes stuck on the tarmac at JFK International Airport early Tuesday, but it was not immediately clear why they were not allowed to deplane.

A British Airways spokesman blamed a lack of gate space for a seven-hour ordeal for passengers on a flight from London, while a Port Authority spokesman suggested buses could have rescued travelers from JFK's icy tarmacs.

Aeromexico's Flight 404 landed at JFK from Mexico City at 1:15 a.m., more than two hours behind schedule, but passenger Cristobal Alex said it was six hours before he could walk off the plane.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Air travel • New York • Travel • Weather
  1. Sutler

But the brochure said it was only supposed to be a 3-hour tour.

December 28, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  2. Big Joe

I agree with Sutler, 4 hour tour, kind of like Gilligan's Island, "Just sit right back and... For a 4 hour tour, for a 4 hour tour."

December 28, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  3. Big Joe

The Howls were rich. Ginger wanted to be a star. Mary Ann was my favorite cuz ....well I can't say here. The professor was smart.

December 28, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  4. Big Joe

I never fly in this weather.

December 28, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  5. Big Joe

In one episode, Aunt Bee made pickles. Andy and Barney forced themselves to eat them so as not to hurt her feelings. Then, when they finished, Barney told Aunt Bee the pickles were good. So she made more. Andy got frustrated with Barney.

December 28, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  6. Richard in Texas

I know controllers are busy but getting that plane deboarded. Every passdenger should get their money back for that flight.

December 28, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  7. Richard in Texas

Sorry I got interupted. I meant to say that controllers are busy but getting passengers off that plane should have been a priority.

December 28, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  8. calltheman

Aunt Bee bought frozen meat from a man who she generally does not buy from and the old freezer didn't work correctly. Andy told her to call the repair man but she thought he charged too much. She took the frozen meat into town with a lot of yapping dogs following her to ask the meat man if he would store her meat. Andy thought that was wrong and throughout the show Andy kept telling her to "call the man"(meaning repair man) Andy ended up buying Aunt Bee a new freezer but as usual she was concerned about how much Andy paid for it.

December 28, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  9. Big Joe

Yep, liked that one too. Andy wouldn't let her store the meat with the original butcher from whom she did not buy the meat from, but that's Andy, always good moral ethics.

December 28, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ThomasD

Im. .pretty sure it was a 3 hour tour. .

December 28, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Big Joe

Well let's see: "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip, that started from......aboard the tiny ship. The mate was a ....the skipper plain and sure for passengers that sailed that day for a three hour tour, for a three hour tour..." You're right ThomasD, it was a three hour tour.

December 28, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. eufemio zapata

today is thursday late and I have not get my 2 bags after mi and my wife we spent 7 hours in the airplain aeromexico #404 since monday 27 2010 we start our fly at 7 pm and we got in new york at 1:10am no water and the captain promises to leave the air plain in short time and some food he toll everybody I am talking with aeromexico staff and this is what they telling me. I the captain I want to leave and to rest I start since 7am untill now me and my wife we still waiting for our bags

December 31, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |