U.S. revokes Venezuelan ambassador's visa
December 29th, 2010

U.S. revokes Venezuelan ambassador's visa

The U.S. government has taken "reciprocal action" against Venezuela's rejection of the U.S. ambassador to Caracas by revoking the visa of the Venezuelan ambassador to Washington, a State Department official said Wednesday.

"We said there would be consequences when the Venezuelan government rescinded (the agreement to accept the diplomatic credentials) regarding our (ambassadorial) nominee, Larry Palmer. We have taken appropriate, proportional and reciprocal action," State Department spokesman Mark Toner said Wednesday night.

Post by:
Filed under: Venezuela
  1. Mmmmm

Oh my goodness! Venezuela slapped us with their yellow gloves and we slapped them with our white gloves, LOL, now where's the council on foreign relation on this one??? Everyone is itchin' to dissin'...

December 29, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. reuben

Eye for an eye, I guess

December 29, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Colin

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

December 29, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jimbo

I say send Jimbo there. I am ready.

Jimbo out

December 29, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kajun Klown

bunch of kindergartners running this country or what? we can't play in your yard, so your not allowed in ours! boo hoo

December 29, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justin j pa

Wow are we in third grade? "He pushed me so I pushed him back!" We can't handle the fact that another country disagrees with something we do so rather than promote discussion and free speech we fold our arms and silence them? We claim to be all about freedom and a Democratic society but cannot have a Frank adult conversation about reality. We have to play pretend and misrepresent our true intentions. It is a shame that we are so delusional and end up behaving in ways that I was punished for as an 8 year old.

December 29, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jam

December 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. RUFFNUTT

LOL! hope we dont make them made and stop selling us oil.

December 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. julia

What is there to talk about. It isn't like they are going to all of a sudden get civil and want to work things out
    we need to stop.puting putting our country down get another solution to oil NOW.

December 29, 2010 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. CYAH

WOW! I'm pretty amazed with people saying government seemed couldn't do anything right.

Too many hypocrites wanted US government to be like them.

December 29, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Maria

I think what US did was perfect. Chavez and his people are getting away with murder, literally... And is time to make them pay for their actions, Chavez mocked Bush so many times and US still kept doing business with Venezuela! It was about time to put the foot down! I am proud to be part of the America The Beautiful.

December 29, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Florencia

Thank Goodness for CYAH and Maria....I was beginning to think the reporting of America's illiteration nation was true. I lived in Venezuela at one time, and I can tell you, we're not playing kindergarten. I, too, am proud our country drew the line in the sand with this dictator. I can't believe we came through on this one. For those readers who didn't think this was important, start reading everything you can about Venezuela. She's as lovely as Hawaii and her people are decent and good. Just pray for the day someone else will be in office down there.

December 30, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  12. Florencia

Correction to my post: "illerate nation was true." Thank you so much.

December 30, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
    • CYAH

I think the word was "ILLETERATE". And it proves nothing else but who you are.

December 30, 2010 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  13. Theresa

The U.S.did exactly what's just! Can't dialogue with people who aren't willing. Its about time. I pray for the people in Venezuela!

December 30, 2010 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  14. JD

I dont think it is about eye for eye. To make such a comparison seems to be overly simplistic. That said, this article is overly simplistic, there has to be a back story. For starters, what reason did Venezuela give for denying entry? Such a basic, obvious thing to be left out.

December 30, 2010 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
    • TruVenezuela

In answering a questionnaire from the US Senate discussing his ratification, Mr. Palmer made some comments about Venezuela's military, and about the country´s relationship with other countries. If you're applying for a job at a company and you post your negative opinions about that company in a website, obviously you will not get the job.

January 2, 2011 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  15. Fred Bartkowski

Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still.

December 30, 2010 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |