Ford, Chrysler recalling thousands of vehicles
December 30th, 2010

Ford, Chrysler recalling thousands of vehicles

Ford Motor Co. is recalling 19,600 2011 model year trucks and crossover SUVs over concerns that an electrical short could cause a fire, the manufacturer said Thursday.

Chrysler Group LLC also is recalling nearly 145,000 trucks and crossover wagons in three separate campaigns for steering, stalling and airbag concerns, according to letters posted this week on website of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Ford decided to recall certain 2011 model year F-150 trucks, Super Duty trucks (F-250 through F-550) and its Edge and Lincoln MKX vehicles after fires started in the cabs of two F-150 trucks at a Michigan assembly plant in November and December, the company said in a letter Monday to the NHTSA.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Auto Industry • Consumer safety • Recalls
  1. phil

Fred... You must have been following this closely for quite some time in order to explain it so well and in your own words. You remembered my Caspian basin discourse! thank's for that Fred. Hey, btw...are you any relation to Zeke Bartkowski?

December 30, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Fred Bartkowski

No relation.
    A guy I know gave me these supposed boot leg tapes about Carlyle.
    Conspiracy stuff. Never bought into it but relized in order for billionaires to buy carribean islands; a whole lot of other people have to live like crap fiscally.

December 30, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. phil

Yeah, I'm thinking they aren't so much conspiracies as they are the world's governments just trying to keep things together as long as they can, and make a lot of extra cash on the side along the way thinking it will protect them Individually when sh/t finally hits the fan. One thing for sure, our system's of government and finance aren't getting any healthier

December 30, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Fred Bartkowski

After I watched these tapes I started reading Barrons and IBD Forbes, Wall Street Journal and so on.
    You could read interviews and qoutes from these sort of egotistic pr'icks. The kind of " master of the universe types" and get a pretty clear picture of how it would all play out.
    Think the financial bomb surprised them though.
    Even though they profited with tax payer money, I don't think it was planned.
    Now that it worked so successfully the next dive into the maw will be planned.

December 30, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. 2100

I was watching the news ealier, Al Gore was being interviewed and he said this recent recall was a result of / and I Quote ("GLOBAL WARMING – PHENOMENA")

December 30, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Fred Bartkowski

Here's the thing to. Fed keeps say the big worry is deflation, stagflation and so on.
    They say we aren't printing money. We are making asset purchases.
    The bond market is starting to sing a different tune. The big predators will be attacking debt markets en masse after the holidays.

December 30, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Fred Bartkowski

@2100
    If you listen to AL Gore he is a very convincing speaker.
    I just wonder at the course of history if only he had...

December 30, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. phil

Yeah, I can see that happening. They wouldn't be doing this sort of thing if they were confident in a secure future though. In the big picture, the problems they face are bigger than they are...and really they are afraid of the future knowing there will come a time when they run out of tricks to prop-up their crooked system. We are truly living in the most exiting times in human history. I hope I live long enough to see the eventuality. You really know your stuff Fred. Thanks for posting your views.

December 30, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Fred Bartkowski

Thanks Phil. Back at U.

December 30, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  10. phil

About Global Warming: Nothing can stop the earth from becoming warmer. It is naturally occuring, and in reality our pollution only serves to delay it's progress and to make things miserable along the way. (not to mention it makes a good excuse for world's leaders to profit along the way) Are my thought's on this matter new to you, or have you heard this before? If you have, please tell me where you heard it before.

December 30, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. tomcat

@phil whats new?

December 30, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. phil

Hay tomcat!!! Not a whole lot. I'm getting snowed on like crazy. We got 2ft.at higher elevations and it's still coming down. Yay! Sooo, was tuesday good to you?

December 30, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. phil

Hi Big Joe, I didn't see you 'till just now after reviewing these posts. Who are you looking for again?

December 30, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ThomasD

Oh thank goodness. A normal thread with mindful people engaged in some semblence of open, honest dialog. Heya, Phil!

December 30, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. phil

ThomasD...good to see you again friend. Staying warm I trust?

December 30, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |