Ford, Chrysler recalling thousands of vehicles
December 30th, 2010

Ford, Chrysler recalling thousands of vehicles

Ford Motor Co. is recalling 19,600 2011 model year trucks and crossover SUVs over concerns that an electrical short could cause a fire, the manufacturer said Thursday.

Chrysler Group LLC also is recalling nearly 145,000 trucks and crossover wagons in three separate campaigns for steering, stalling and airbag concerns, according to letters posted this week on website of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Ford decided to recall certain 2011 model year F-150 trucks, Super Duty trucks (F-250 through F-550) and its Edge and Lincoln MKX vehicles after fires started in the cabs of two F-150 trucks at a Michigan assembly plant in November and December, the company said in a letter Monday to the NHTSA.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Auto Industry • Consumer safety • Recalls
  1. ThomasD

Yeah barely. Maybe 7 degrees out there. But no more snow for now. Sounds like you're gettin it though.

December 30, 2010 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bambam

Wow we got 3 inches of snow here and everybody freaked out like the end was here

December 30, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  3. phil

Yeah we are. I forget where you are from. Seven degrees sound's like Alaska to me.

December 30, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. phil

Bambam...where are you?

December 30, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. phil

Alabama...now I remember.

December 30, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bambam

I'm takin a ride over to mars anybody need somthing while I'm out

December 30, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bambam

Alabama I like it in the south my ppl are from up north penn

December 30, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ThomasD

Central Wa. state, Phil. Yeah it feels like Alaska sometimes. Especially with the high winds we get. Downright painful. Not that common though, thankfully.

December 30, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bambam

Ford was a good ride in the 70's

December 30, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ThomasD

Alabama is a great state. Miss the south a lot. Spent several years between Bama, Texas, Kansas and the Carolinas. And yeah, Bam, I bet people did freak out over the snow.

December 30, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. phil

I spent some time in Washington a couple of years ago. Wennachie (or how you spell) state park is truly beautiful. The mountains of Washington rival the Rockies. (actually they are more majestic)

December 30, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ThomasD

Im about 50 minutes from Wenatchee. And yeah, the Cascades are incredible. Spent many summers hiking and camping on mount hood and rainier. Of course, Colorado is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

December 30, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. phil

You got that right. Still, I can hardly wait to visit Washington again. (even though your trout aren't as tastey as ours!) Plus my daughter got married and lives with her hubby near Seattle.

December 30, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ThomasD

A fisherman, Phil? Thats great. Oh, but come to the east side to Banks Lake. The bass and walleye are incredible.

December 30, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  15. phil

Yeah, I love fishing. I was weaned on trout meat. he-he. Bass and Walleye are fun to catch but I don't like the scales. My favorite fish to eat, besides orange roughy (gawd i love it's taste) is our native brook trout. It takes less than a minute to clean them, and even their skin tastes good. Their heads are kinds crunchy though.

December 31, 2010 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |