Gotta Watch: 2010 holy sightings; screwy history; li'l dribbler
December 30th, 2010

Gotta Watch: 2010 holy sightings; screwy history; li'l dribbler

The Year in Holy Sightings: Spirits show their faces in some strange places in CNN.com's compilation of the best holy sighting videos.

That's textbook ... or is it? Students, if you're contemplating copying and pasting your term paper from the internet, think again. This kind of "research" has backfired on a Virginia textbook author who did just that. You won't believe some of the preposterous statements in this fourth-grade history book ... like the claim thousands of blacks served in the Confederate army,  an assertion many historians say is unfounded.

Kid's got game: This video speaks for itself. This kid takes dribbling to a new level. Twelve-year-old Jordan McCabe - yes that's his real name - will leave you mesmerized with his skills on the court.

1. When does it end?

when the barrel is touching the back of your throat and you pull the trigger.

December 30, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Catie

Wow, I am so praying for you right this second !!

December 30, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sheldon

Why is it that when a religious person sees what looks like a face in a strange place, they automatically assume it corresponds to their religion of choice? Why must it automatically be Jesus, Mary, or some other religious figure head? Rational minded people knows it's just coincidental that certain shapes and figures often come together to form what looks like a face. We impose the meaning on what we see, whether it is a grilled cheese sandwich, a cake, or in a tree stump.

December 30, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Catie

Mr Sheldon, I agree. I am a freak about God and even these stories make me cringe. But, I do believe there are some legitimate and inspirational stories. I just really doubt Mary would reduce herself to a tortilla. We are not all lilke that, I promise! Those who want to degrade Faith and Religion love to broadcast these stories to make all religious look like idiots.

December 30, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dana

Catie, I'm glad you cringe at the absurdity of it, but it isn't those who want to degrade religion that broadcast these stories. First of all, the people in the videos really believe...with all their hearts. Look how fervently they believe. Secondly, look at all the comments defending it. What you see as absurd is the genuine beliefs of a substantial portion of people. This situation is parallel to atheists seeing all religion as absurd.

December 30, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jim Brieske

JustPlainJoe. You can not judge the existence of God because you live in a small world. Who do you know? Where have you been?
    The fact is God exists and he is currently deciding the fate of hundreds of thousands of people. Now you can say, hogwash. Do you have access to everyone's emails? No you don't.
    Indonesian Tsunama on Christmas Day, Haiti earthquake, Flight 447 lightning strike, Buffalo Commuter flight crash, Greensberg KS tornado, China earthquake, China flood, Holly Colorado tornado, Ike hitting Galveston then Houston, hurricane turned slightly to keep from finishing destroying New Orleans (the people were praying) and two asteroids passing inside the Earth and Moon.The list continues but I gotta busy day. Oh what kind of a list is that?
    Those are the things I asked God to do. I have the emails. All of them except the first Indonesia earthquake/tsunami. That one was God telling people something.
    jim

December 30, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joe Bleaux

While emptying the litter box the other day, I noticed one clump of cat poo looked exactly like Jesus. Do you think I could get something for it on eBay? Or...maybe I should pray to it and it will cure my hemmoroids?

December 30, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Catie

Don't mock, you just made yourself look like that litter

December 30, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Luis Wu

@Catie – Look in the mirror, troll.

December 30, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Plato101

You should pray for forgiveness. It wasn't Jesus you saw, it was the state of your soul.

December 30, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe Bleaux

@Plato101 – You should pray for a brain. Idiot.

December 30, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Keith in NJ

I just watched something on the internet. This guys was telling a story about francis Scott Key and the Star Spangled Banner. He called the americans Colonists (It was the war of 1812 Dummy). He called it Fort Henry (McHenry idiot). He said that the fort was full of women and children (Why? they were much safer in the center of town). Hsiad the flag and flag pole took direct cannon ball hits and kept standing because men and young boys died in piles holding it up. How is this knd of crap allowed out there. I have not seen this much stupidity since Bluto asked if it"was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"

December 30, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

try looking in the mirror

December 30, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dan

I love how all the athiests come out of the woodwork when there's a story about God or Jesus. I guess in the end we'll find out who was right. Just glad I'm not on there side of the fence.

December 30, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Luis Wu

Unless you're wrong and the Hindus were right. Maybe you should accept Hinduism, just in case. Moron.

December 30, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

aint it cool, fear and hate....one in the same....Praise the Lord!

December 30, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dana

Is that what textbooks look like now? Irrespective of the screwy content, it looks like a pop magazine.

December 30, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rich

Praise my Lord

December 30, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • teepee

RICH, PRAISE YOUR LORD AND LEARN ABOUT HIS THROUGH HIS WORD, NOT A KNOTHOLE ON A WOODEN DOOR. NO GRAVEN IMAGES MADE WITH MAN'S HANDS, REMEMBER?

December 30, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Rich

Praise the lord

December 30, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Luis Wu

I have this great idea for a book! I'm going to call it "Nine Months BC" or ... "Joseph Will Believe Anything!"
    Ha ha, that guy had to be the dumbest person in history. Mary gets knocked up and says "God did it". And he bought it hook line and sinker. Heh heh.

December 30, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

Praise the lord!

December 30, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Relegion = Brainwashed.....................

Read it n weep.

December 30, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

Praise be His name...Praise the Lord!

December 30, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim Bob

Yep. Brainwashed, indoctrinated and delusional. How utterly pathetic.

December 30, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • teepee

NO...YOU READ THE WORD...ONLY...HIS PEOPLE ARE LED ASTRAY FOR THE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.

December 30, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Luis Wu

I think it's so cute how Catie talks about God. It reminds me of my 6 year old daughter, talking about Santa Claus. She gets a gleam in her eye and tells me about how he lives at the North Pole and how he loves all the children, etc. etc. etc. The only thing is...it's scary when adults beleive in fairytales and talk about them as if they're actuall real. It's also pathetic.

December 30, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • LeeCMH

It gets really scary when religionists use the power of government or even violence to enforce their fairytale beliefs of the rest of us.

December 30, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

point noted that you scare easily.....pass the ammo Lord! You gave one here that knows how to use it!

December 30, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Rich

I get the warm fuzzy when I see this, so easy to elevate some blood pressures...all is necessary is to say....PRAISE MY LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 30, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Rich

famous athiest once said it is ok to live as one but sure stinks to die as one...Praise My Lord!!!!!!

December 30, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Rich, you need THEARPY, not god........

Lord or Felix the Cat Help You –

December 30, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

You went to all the trouble to get a name in my honor!!!! wow........Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!

lolololololololololololoolo0lolllllolollllllllmao

December 30, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

where does one get this therpy thing...thaerpy...tharpy...how You speeel it agin

December 30, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |