Son of Iran's former shah committed suicide, family says
Former shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi and his wife, Farah, are shown after leaving Iran in 1979. His son Alireza Pahlavi committed suicide, his family said Tuesday.
January 4th, 2011

Son of Iran's former shah committed suicide, family says

Alireza Pahlavi committed suicide at his home in Boston, Massachusetts, a spokesman for the family of the former shah of Iran said Tuesday.

Pahlavi, 44, was a son of the former shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, who was overthrown in 1979 and died the following year in exile in Cairo, Egypt.

"It is with immense grief that we would like to inform our compatriots of the passing away of Prince Alireza Pahlavi," the family website said.

- CNN's Azadeh Ansari contributed to this story.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Iran • Massachusetts
  1. kman

The dutch are screwed. They gave every religion opportunity and welfare..now it is biting them in the butt. They give generous welfare to muslims and in return the dutch are held hostage. I am sure many Muslims agree but would never open their mouth to avoid being blown up by their peers. (I rest my case on the religion of evil)

January 4, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Ignorance is bliss

Angel, the Muslim religion is not a violent religion. Just like most religions, they teach peace. I'm Christian and conservative, but in church, i was taught to love, not hate. I'm sure all those Christians that killed innocents in the name of God were taught the same things. Don't hate the religion, hate the ignorance that fuels the violence.

January 4, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. sorry

I`m reading all thease comments and what really bothers me is the people who claim to be christian and is judging the muslim religon.... Tho shall not judge, for they will be judged by the lord. Which means EVERYONE will be judged by the lord in the end. Please just remember that. And remeber oklahoma city bombing NOT A MUSLIM!

January 4, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. BrotherJohn OFDallas

Not buying this one just yet. Just in the Spring of 2010, I recall that he was planning a return to power for his family in Iran and sought a more democratic form of government. Some people did not think he was as strong as his father, and I'm sure the current regime in Iran would not be comfortable with a former Shah prince making such plans in the West. It would be nice to hear comments from others familiar with this situation and the relationship between the current Iranian government and the family of the former Shah

January 4, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • C

Actually, the regime does not fear Reza Pahlavi at all. They fear Israel and the US more.

January 6, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. NamVetNavy

If all Muslims are terrorists then all Christians are bigots. Religion? No thanks.

January 4, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. angel

maybe not all of them commit such acts, but it doesn't change that they're taught the same. and it makes them complicit in islams crimes against God.

January 4, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anti-NutJob

"...they're all taught the same..."??? What an absolutely ludicrous piece of codswallop.

January 4, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • EE

And you would know that they are all taught the same because??? What, have you gone to their schools/Churches? It seems, all you know is what your bigot parents, spiritual "leaders" are telling you. If you want to know what you say is true, don't rely on the words of other people OPINIONS. Go out and learn for yourself. Make your own mind up dont adopt someone elses.

January 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob

They are not the same nor taught the same. I'm a student, catholic, living abroad and most of my friends are Iranian. They are warm, caring, respectful and open minded. They know I'm catholic, I know they are not and that's no impediment for us to be classmates and friends.

People indoctrinated as extremists are the ones who spread the hate and violence with words and actions. You should look at yourself before dissing them.

January 4, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. angel

I'm judgemental? wouldn't that be a judgement? and also make you a hypocrite? Boy, you're super intelligent. now I feel bad for calling terrorists, terrorists. my bad.

January 4, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • nordicmetalhead

Hey Angel! Your mom just texted me to tell you dinner's ready and to come out of the basement to eat!

January 4, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

We were talking about you, sports fan – and your version of who goes to Hell. Try to stay on point; I realize with your limited " thinking" and education that may be difficult, but give it a try. Also very noticeable that you don't respond to the question but obvious why you don't.

January 4, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. nordicmetalhead

Someone please explain to me how on earth the suicide of a member of a secular exited royal family in Boston has anything whatsoever to do with Islamic terrorists or broadsweeping viewpoints regarding one's apparently misguided understanding of history.

January 4, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ignorance is bliss

Funny how some Christians can say that a group of ppl are damned to hell. How about you pay attention to your own actions and stop sounding like some ignorant bigot?

January 4, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. angel

@nordicmetalhead try reading sometime. I remember the liberals screaming about iran not harboring terrorists, and ten years later who has the misguided view on history?

January 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  11. angel

@nordicmetalhead Norway isn't any better either. max sentance for anything is 21 years. a muslim could have a go at your mom and be out of prison before life is too far gone to enjoy. but I guess it serves a nation of headbanging retards that listen to music about r ape and murder and genocide.

January 4, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Yuri

I'm pretty sure you're all talking to a troll or trolls. If so, you've all been distracted for almost 80 (by now I'm sure) posts. I've seen angel post before and that person has never said anything this outlandish. If not, this person needs help.

January 4, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jim stetson

Angel, we like your type around these parts. Y'all that disapprove could come kiss my fat white A$$.

January 4, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. In Our Prayers

Terrible, sad news. This is a sad day for Persians all over. The only hope for normalcy and a rise back to becoming a respected nation is this Pahlavi family. I hope all of us here live to see the day when this illegitimate regime collapses and a true secular Iran rises again.

January 4, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. neckred

So???? Who the hell was this guy??? Whatever...

January 4, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |