Son of Iran's former shah committed suicide, family says
Former shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi and his wife, Farah, are shown after leaving Iran in 1979. His son Alireza Pahlavi committed suicide, his family said Tuesday.
January 4th, 2011

Son of Iran's former shah committed suicide, family says

Alireza Pahlavi committed suicide at his home in Boston, Massachusetts, a spokesman for the family of the former shah of Iran said Tuesday.

Pahlavi, 44, was a son of the former shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, who was overthrown in 1979 and died the following year in exile in Cairo, Egypt.

"It is with immense grief that we would like to inform our compatriots of the passing away of Prince Alireza Pahlavi," the family website said.

- CNN's Azadeh Ansari contributed to this story.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Iran • Massachusetts
  1. Sherri W.W.#1~ILLINOIS

WOW~I actually agrred with angel for a second~They ARE he greatest people in WORLD history~and SOON President Obama WILL be a part of that list~OBAMA 2012!!!

January 4, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. phil (cont)

THe Clinton admin. accused the Teledyne Corporation of illegally exporting parts that could be used in the manufacture of cluster-bombs(WMD's) to a South-American nation, Chile. Teledyne's defense was that the US government had been providing completely assembled WMD's, not just some parts, to foreign nations for years, and cited the Iraq vs. Iran war as an example. The Reagan, Bush, and Clinton admin's had for years denied these claims, a true bi-partisan stance. (cont)

January 4, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. phil (cont)

And then along came a man whom you still have never heard of. You knew O.J.'s glove size and the number he wore on his jersey, but you didn't and don't know who Howard Teicher is, till now. He is the highest-ranking government official to ever come clean about who it is that makes WMD's readily available to foreign nations. Teicher was with the NSA, the outfit that orders the CIA around. (cont)

January 4, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jeff

Don't worry everyone, phil will stop talking eventually.

January 4, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. phil (cont)

Who would arm a terrorist nation? Do we not accuse Russia of aiding Iran today? All you hear about this from the major media is inuendo and speculation. Here is your chance to understand for yourselves who "the terrorists" providing weapons of mass destruction really are. Google "Teicher Affidavit" and be familiar with intimate details far more valuable than how big O.J.'s hand is. (and you aren't being forced to read my posts. Any rude comments made towords my person expose yourself, not me...and help prove my point.) thank you.

January 4, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. phil (cont)

My point? The news we are fed daily only serves to divide us. The OJ case had us wanting to choke each other. Wheras we can all agree on news backed up by fact rather than speculation. I'm thinking most of you secretly enjoy this constant bickering, and hope it never ends and so that's what major news outlets and TV shows you. And that's what preachers show you. What you really want. I could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt it.

January 4, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Worcester-three

What is this story about? Who is this story about? Oh I know Angel, no that's not F it

January 4, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mark

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders, and although I don't always agree with everything you say, it's nice to have a level head in here. That being said, why do you bother trying to educate these (not all) fools? This doesn't seem to be the place people come to for a decent conversation. The cruel irony of my post is that I don't know why I bother either, but hey who knows? My days could be numbered here, lol. But my point is, I think you could do far better things if you took your thoughts to a place that's receptive to it. Like being a teacher or something. I do enjoy the debates here sometimes, but it seems most are uneducated kids who just want to turn these blogs into chaos. I do have to admit though, I did chuckle a bit at Dales post, and I think it was lighthearted in nature. But like I said, we don't always agree. But that's what makes this country interesting, isn't it? iI hesitate to say great, lol.

January 4, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. phil

@eisner...for every American executed by the government, 10,000 are killed by dangerous pharmaceuticals that same government allows to be sold to US. For every person executed, there's another 10,000 who die from exposure to toxic chemicals that same government allows big corporations to use. The death-penalty issue just keeps us endlessly nipping at each other's heels as the real killers get away with murder. We constantly strain the gnat and gulp the camel.

January 4, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mark

That was directed at phil, by the way, lol.

January 4, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. phil

@Mark...who are you addressing?

January 4, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. phil

Oh, I didn't want to presume you were calling me level headed. he he...anyway, I do this because I care. I've been doing it all my life, and online since windows 95. Even as a youngster something didn't smell right to me concerning governments and religions. I had no idea that this odor was so repugnant until i investigated it for myself. I've never owned a television and so my mind has not been cluttered as much as the next. Me? A teacher? Could you imagine how fast I would be fired for teaching HS kids this stuff? Teachers must teach along approved government guidlines, and Uncle Sam isn't my kinda guide. * nice to meet you Mark, and thanks for asking. What's your excuse? he he

January 4, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Chicago

G.T.G:

I posted the first post, not the second. Our friendly neighborhood poster impostor is playing games again. He's using your name over on the Texas site. Fun.

Suicide is not a subject I care to really talk about, since I've had it happen in my family. The pain of the ones left behind is unimaginable. One can speculate on the reasons the person suicided, and that's all it will ever be: speculation.

All I can do is hope the people this poor soul left behind can find some peace. I'm still trying.

January 4, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. mr. jeff

I agree with sheppard.. If they would just all follow suit in suicide
    it would save our troops a big headache!!!!!!

January 4, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. GTG

Awww, I'm sorry about that friend. And don't worry about me confusing you with someone else. I made my mind up concerning you a long time ago. Even if you were to post something rude or obnoxious, I would just figure you were having a bad hair day. LOL...really, we know who we are.

January 4, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |