January 4th, 2011

United Airlines flight diverted to Toronto

A United Airlines flight was diverted to Toronto late Monday after the plane's communication system began to malfunction, an airline official said.

Flight 940 never lost contact with air traffic control, according to United spokesman Rahsaan Johnson. The extent of the problem with the communication system wasn't immediately clear, but was bad enough the captain asked to divert, he said.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Air travel • Canada
  1. terri sue

LoL

January 4, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  2. phil

48? Yer just getting started terri sue. I have enjoyed getting older, and it looks like you do as well. You seem bright and cheerful. What's your secret?

January 4, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  3. terri sue

no secret here im pretty sure its me just finding humor in Most things. and while im 48 on paper im 17 inside ! to phil btw

January 4, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. terri sue

🙂 innocently smiles @ Phil

January 4, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. phil

Awww, you melt me. My age was scratched on a piece of paper, but it's an old wrinkly piece of paper so you can't make out the numeral. But it looks like 19 to me, because that's how i feel inside, like you do. It could be due to my emotional growth lagging behind my literal aging, either way, I like being me. I can't find the hug button so here's a big smiley face just for you!!! :^) and another in case that one doesn't go thru 🙂

January 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. terri sue

We should elope LoL

January 4, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. terri sue

Wonders if phil has a facebook

January 4, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. phil

He-he...yer a funny gal. Yeah, I'm on Facebook, mine is a virtual maze that even I get lost in. But it's got so much personal information...I even have several members of my own extended family that I don't allow in. My friends are few, but they are genuine and most are lifelong friends. I'd have to get to know you a lot more. I am flattered at your inquiry and wish this were many years ago before people became so ruthless and I became so defensive. (sideways grin w/one eyebrow raised)

January 4, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. terri sue

Well then look me up terridaubin@aol.com should result an interesting search btw i find u funny as well

January 4, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. terri sue

Also have a few public videos on youtube under norcalswf

January 4, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. phil

Wow...yer a looker alright. Flowing red hair and deep eyes. But aren't you afraid that people like the troll's here will mess with you? Probably not I suppose. I'm a bit outspoken and so I make few friends and many enemies. Northern California huh? My dad(rip) had a barbershop in Weaverville,CA many years ago. Wonderful area. And one of my younger brothers used to guard weed fields in Humbolt and Trinity counties. This is odd discussing these things on a news blogg. I'm laughing so hard right now...sorry. I admire your lack of fear, and I see a story in your eyes. You are determined and stand your ground, but it hasn't always been that way. You were fearful but overcame the fears, and are still conquering them. It's all in the eyes ya know. I will check your youtube vids...this is fun! 🙂

January 4, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. phil

Tony the dog is a cutie pie. I once had a little doggy like him. I found him by the side of the road. He had been ran over and had to have one front leg amputated. I named him Lucky. San Bruno fire! Wow...cool videos. I'm not much at being able to read feet though. (snicker) Way too cool terri sue. You invited a complete stranger into your home. Amazing.

January 5, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  13. phil

"And when a man is so absorbed in his thoughts he is not thinking about a law case. He is thinking about a woman. That is stupid."–Scaevola

January 5, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. terri sue

8-0

January 5, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  15. terri sue

Crazy and/or dumb probably better describes some chances i take/choices i make LoL kiddin i think better of myself to describe ME that way LMAO@meself oh and welcome stranger

January 5, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |