Gotta Watch: Comediennes fired up; a Chupacabra?; Seattle superhero
Phyllis Diller pokes fun at Anderson Cooper
January 5th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Comediennes fired up; a Chupacabra?; Seattle superhero

Queens of comedy – What do Brett Favre, Kim Kardashian and Betty White have in common? They're all in the crosshairs of the comedic legends featured on AC360 last night. These ball-busting women go at it with Anderson Cooper and he takes it all in stride even when he gets ribbed about his pasty complexion.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2011/01/04/ac.women.of.comedy.cnn"%5D

Chupacabra! – One of our favorite animals here at CNN.com is the Chupacabra, a mythical hairless beast that roams the plains sucking the blood from livestock. A few weeks back, a Kentucky man found the carcass of what he thought was a Chupacabra and took it to a lab to have tested. In the meantime, the photos he posted caused a Facebook sensation. The mystery is now solved. Turns out it's just a rodent in need of Rogaine, but authorities are still left with one question. Who's shaving all the raccoons?

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/01/05/dnt.chupacabra.mystery.solved.wlky"%5D

Who is that masked man? – By day, lonely comic book store employee. But by night, lonely comic book store employee with a rubber suit! When a Washington man returned to his car one evening, he was surprised to see a man with a coat hanger trying to pick his lock. But he was even more surprised when a fully-clad superhero chased the man away. In this story, he meets the man behind the mask.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/01/04/seattle.phoenix.superhero.KIRO"%5D

Watch Anderson Cooper 360° weeknights 8pm ET. For the latest from AC360° click here.

1. Frank

People of the United States,

1)Does anybody really watch AC360?
    2) Go to Puerto Rico to find a real Chuppa...
    3)There really are Crazy SOB's out there who think they are Superhero's and are going to get themselves killed.

January 5, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Pamela

are you kidding? AC360 is the best show in the world.

January 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. John

Robert Gibes was not a good face of the administration anyway.

January 5, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. John

hairless bloodsucking beast roaming the plains. Did Dick Cheney recover.

January 5, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Kate

That was a good one John!!

January 5, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • biafra

lol!

January 5, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Richard in Texas

Frank,
    People do watch channels and not just Fox.

January 5, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Richard,
      Actually I watch CNN,MSNBC,Discovery.Science,Military,History,History International,(Chiller,Scfy,Nick Jr with my Grandchildren)
      Meet the Press,Face the Nation,Green,PBS,(LOGO on occasion, even though I am not GAY it makes more in tune because I have a GAY Family member who I love dearly),House and Garden Network,ELLEN,OPRAH,LETTERMAN,TRVL,FOX actually bores
      me.If I do watch it ,the Sunday Round Table is all I watch and NFL program.

January 5, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  5. Surely Frank

Richard you ignorant sl'ut.

January 5, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  6. Surely Frank

Please get it right. It's not the healthcare law. It is the jobs killing healthcare bill.
    Not joking. What it is called.
    This is really only done to placate the Tea Party newbies who think they have some influence.
    Pretty astute move by Boehner to trumpet the BS causes first thereby clearing the calendar for the real capitulation to special interests.

January 5, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mr. Burgandy

Who cares if someone wants to be a superhero and stop crimes. If they are okay with doing it, knowing they might possibly die, I say all the power to them. They have more courage than a lot of people.

January 5, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  8. J. A. Robinson

Kathy Griffin never ceases to offend me, so I wasn't caught off guard during the Queens of Comedy segment last night. Anderson Cooper is such a class act that I can't figure out why CNN keeps pairing him with her, especially on New Years Eve–a pairing of class with crude.

January 5, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • hushupp

I totally agree with you, J.A. I don't know why gorgon griffith and the other potty mouth, Chelsea Something think they have to lewd, rude, and crude.

January 5, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

I agree, and was getting ready to post a similar comment when I saw your post. I don't understand the relationship. Did someone at CNN decide that AC was too bland and needed an in-your-face sidekick? it brings AC down. I'm embarrassed for him.

January 5, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • J. A. Robinson

I'm embarrassed for him too. He seems uncomfortable around her–not sure how to deal with her crudeness. It doesn't bring AC down (probably wasn't his first pick) AS MUCH AS IT BRINGS CNN DOWN: "Anderson 360 Does a 180." I don't know what demographic CNN is trying to appeal to, but Kathy Griffin lowers the bar.

January 5, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Sonja P

Frank, it sounds like you spend more time watching television than helping your fellow man, as Phoenix helps the citizens (and law enforcement) for Seattle. Civilians like him can help law enforcement with cases when other bystanders think "someone else will do something about it". Phoenix has helped the police already with 17 cases, and growing.
    I'm glad that Seattle has citizens like him, because there are always going to be people out there, like you, who watch television instead, and just talk about how being a good samaritan will get you killed.

January 5, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. drap

and dont call me Shurley!

January 5, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Ken

It isn't "Gotta Watch", it is "Gotta Ignore".

Tired old lame jokes and forced laughter are painful to watch.

January 5, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Stickemup

And the GOP really think there going to win in 2012 the outhouse yeah but not the white house silly rednecks they are

January 5, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. knormb

Hmm... Correction: AC talked to TWO queens of comedy, plus Kathy Griffin and Joy Behar.

January 5, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. andersonlover

I thought Anderson was one of the queens? He should be so lucky to get to talk to the funniest ladies on tv today: Kathy Griffin and Chelsea Handler!

January 5, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. JW

Anderson, I love you and your show but last nights show with Joan Rivers, Kathy Griffin, Joy Behar and the legendary Phyllis Diller was the BEST SHOW you have EVER done. It was nothing short of amazing. I love all those ladies. If you would have just added Wanda Sykes on there we could have just called it a Gay Pride Parade!!! They are all gay icons and we LOVE them!!!! Keep up the great work Andy!!!

January 5, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |