North Korea asks South to 'open hearts,' resume talks
Small-scale skirmishes have flared repeatedly along their land and sea borders over the past six decades.
January 7th, 2011

North Korea asks South to 'open hearts,' resume talks

South Korean officials tell CNN that they're reviewing a call for resumption of talks between Pyongyang and Seoul that was  published by North Korea's state-run KCNA news agency Friday.

The statement from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea suggested several steps that could be taken to calm tension between north and south.

It expressed a desire for "settling the grave situation prevailing in Korea as early as possible and paving the way for improved relations between the north and the south and peace and prosperity."

The statement cited both patriotism and "public opinion at home and abroad" as reasons that dialogue should be resumed.

Officials are working to understand the motivation behind the statement, a spokesman for South Korea's Unification Ministry said. High-level officials will hold an internal meeting Saturday to analyze it.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: North Korea • South Korea
  1. banasy

North Korea wants South Korea to "open their hearts"? Wow. Maybe that little despot is not the be-all to end-all!

January 7, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy

I MEANT to say that the little despot may finally be realizing he's not the be-all to end-all...although at times it looks like he wants to end all!

I guess I'm just tired!

January 7, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. 2100

N.Koreas jet-fighters SUCK !!! .....

January 8, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ed Bailey

Political retoric doesn't take away the obvious fact that the leaders of N. Korea are really bad people. Our previous president missed a better opportunity to sacrifice more american lives to better the world by toppling a sick leader. O,that's right,there wasn't a personal family threat from our old friend kim,and n.korea isn't awash in oil.Saddam was an easier target but politically very wrong.President Obama has to do the best he can with a very bad decision by a very bad president!

January 8, 2011 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. 2100

KIM JONG ILL SUCKS ! ! ! !...............

January 8, 2011 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. Earleybird

I think it's a good thing. We need the two to get along. If they go to war, we have to get involved due to that old mutual protection pact. Then china will get involved, and that my friend's would not be very nice. news flash "china is ready 4 us".

January 8, 2011 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
    • myklds

Yeah...I hope that KIM JONG is now back in his senses and has realized completely that China is just using them as pawn.

They are in one country. Whether North or South it's still Korea and they are Koreans. If they can't be united as one. Perhaps, they can share one vision and one common goal for the sake of common and greater good. LET'S TALK.

January 8, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Jimmyk

Iit seems a bit weird for them to go from promising sacred war to peace and prosperity.

January 8, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Anallita Rectalson

I think Kim Jong Ill is hot!!! I dont know what it is but he is just delicious, but i wonder how long it would take for him to climb up on me. I bet him love me long time though!

January 8, 2011 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  8. Anallita Rectalson

Hope he wouldnt mind the few long strands of hair growing out of my *ss.

January 8, 2011 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. KimJongKaraoke

Look into my eyes – you will see
    What you mean to me
    Search your heart – search your soul
    And when you find me there you'll search no more

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
    You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
    You know it's true
    Everything I do – I do it for you

Look into your heart – you will find
    There's nothin' there to hide
    Take me as I am – take my life
    I would give it all – I would sacrifice

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
    I can't help it – there's nothin' I want more
    Ya know it's true
    Everything I do – I do it for you

There's no love – like your love
    And no other – could give more love
    There's nowhere – unless you're there
    All the time – all the way

Oh – you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
    I can't help it – there's nothin' I want more
    I would fight for you – I'd lie for you
    Walk the wire for you – ya I'd die for you

Ya know it's true
    Everything I do – I do it for you

January 8, 2011 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  10. Kansas City girl

You people are idiots!

January 8, 2011 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  11. boomer

No, there's just an annoying troll loose.

January 8, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. Sidewinder

The motivation for the statement is "please don't blow our North Korean asses to smithereens". Meanwhile, the communist rhetoric that blares through the square and on the radio all day will say that South Korea surrendered, or some such pig slop. The cycle begins again. Now it's this feckin fruitcake and his son. How much is enough? Whatever. End it already.

January 8, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  13. LakerBoy

Damn! i wanted to see the world turn into complete chaos thanks koreans you are what i thought u where boring as hell

January 8, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  14. Ant

After killing 50 people for South n now talk about open heart, That's a good politic to do. it looks like a country i know after killing thoussand of pple or make them fight to each other n then talk about peace.

January 8, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. Sidewinder

Kim Jong Ill is envious because I'm a tall girl, and he wants to be a tall girl, too.

Jacka**.