Sex assault convict identified as suspect in rapes of disabled women
Los Angeles officials seek the public's help in identifying these men.
January 7th, 2011

Sex assault convict identified as suspect in rapes of disabled women

Investigators have identified two men shown in a video apparently sexually assaulting disabled women in a care home and other places, Los Angeles Country sheriff's detectives told CNN Friday.

One suspect is Bert Hicks, 41, who is now serving a state prison sentence in Tehachapi, California, for fiduciary crimes, abuse and sexual assault in a residential care facility, sheriff's Detective Ron Anderson said.

Hicks allegedly took a disabled woman to Las Vegas, married her and then brought her back to the care facility, where she was repeatedly sexually assaulted by other men, Anderson said.

Authorities don't know if the crimes Hicks was convicted of are the ones depicted on video, Anderson said.

Sheriff's investigators announced their investigation into the video Thursday, when they issued a public appeal for help because the video was mailed to them by an anonymous tipster.

FULL STORY
  1. 22.Dell

bet he had a gun and a laptop!!!!

January 7, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  2. black dude

It wasn't a white man

January 7, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  3. AMERICA 1st

Bury him at a beach up to his neck and let the tide roll in

January 7, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

And don't cheer for him if he makes the team.

January 7, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. grumpy lettuce

let them take a whiff of me.enough said

January 7, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Pkm

Take them to folsom state prision or san quetin tell prisiones what they did let let them run free in the yard

January 7, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Pkm

take off there wackers

January 7, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy

Jeez, those are some seriously disturbed individuals!

Since he's already in prison, one would think it'd be fairly easy to get information in the rest of the suspects. Although I wouldn't show him the actual footage, as he'd get too much pleasure out of that!

I am always amazed when people film their criminal acts. They almost always surface!

And security footage? WHAT security? If this is security film, it seems to me one of the suspects is on the security team. Start there!

Yuck. These poor victims...

January 7, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chase

Most residential care facilities don't have "security teams" most don't even have security cameras.

January 7, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy

Well, this one did, because that where part of the footage came from!!

January 7, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy

I've been following this story for a couple of days, that's how I know that some of the footage came from a hand-held camera and some came from a security camera, "Chase".

January 7, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Chase

Hi banasy, you may know me as Mark. I realize that, but these stories aren't limiting the occurances to one facility. I was trying to say that the likleyhood of asecurity team is slim, even with a camera system. And I know I haven't worked in all of them, but I have worked in many residential care facilities and none of them have even have had cameras. In fact my current employer is looking into the matter, and trying to see if there is a possibility that ours was one involved. the likleyhood of that is slim as well. But I think more facilities should independently investigate until we know all of them involved. Nice to see the name stealer seems to be bored with us.

January 7, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Chase

Well, on the west coast at least, lol.

January 7, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Chase

And plus, weren't there like eight people involved in the first story? That still leaves a lot of questions unanswered. Especially given the magnitude, I remember the first story reported over 100 hours of footage, that's f****ing scary.

January 7, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Cesar

Hi Mark. I bet that I can make one grammatically imperative sentence with both your names: Chase Mark.

January 7, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paul

I know his brother, Skid Mark.

January 8, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |