The day's most popular stories
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed emergency legislation into law.
January 11th, 2011

The day's most popular stories

The five most popular stories on CNN.com in the past 24 hours, according to NewsPulse:

Arizona enacts funeral protest legislation: Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed emergency legislation Tuesday that bars protests within 300 feet of a funeral and within an hour from its beginning or end. Earlier in the day, the state legislature passed the measure, which targets a Kansas church whose members announced they planned to picket the funerals of the victims of Saturday's shootings in Tucson.

Suspect's parents: 'We care very deeply' about victims' families: The parents of Jared Lee Loughner, suspected in the Tucson, Arizona, shootings that left six people dead and U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords critically wounded, said Tuesday they do not know why the incident occurred and that they are "very sorry" for the loss felt by victims' families.

The cost of leaving AT&T for a Verizon iPhone: What would it cost for iPhone users to buy out of their AT&T contract to get Verizon Wireless' iPhone? That depends on when you signed up. But no matter how you cut it, it's not cheap.

Brisbane braces for more flooding as 90 people reported missing:  Brisbane, Australia, awoke Wednesday to sunny, clear skies amid renewed warnings that a wave of water was sweeping through the city's main river system, threatening to exceed the damage done by the record 1974 floods.

Arizona's back-to-basics sheriff: A sheriff whose comments following Saturday's shooting at a Arizona political event brought him criticism has a history of taking a stand when he believes in something strongly - without much care for consequences.

Filed under: Most Popular
  1. lisa

people need to look at what this world is coming to and that is the end to many people are killing oneother it is so sad what has happen to are world

January 11, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

yea that is sad but im glad someone finally stepped up to put an end to picketing at a funeral. i dont understand at all what would motivate anyone to want to in the lst place! it is so disrespectful and i just dont get it.

January 12, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. ThomasD

Yeah, Chrissy. Worries me that they'll show up anyway and make an ugly mess outta the whole thing. I don't get it either. Something wrong with peoples minds.

January 12, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mookooman

I just want to no if I get a refund now on my donation to the angel wings.

January 12, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mookooman

I also heard Hispanics won't be allowed within 1000 feet.

January 12, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

so a baby mookoomoos grows up to be either a mookooman or a. mookoomamma

January 12, 2011 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

hey thomas how are you? and mookooman do u even know what ur talkin about?? guess thats why they call it dope eh?

January 12, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  7. ThomasD

Heya Chrissy. Doin good. Cooold though. And waitin on more snow, or, so I hear. Hows you?

January 12, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

omg im already sick of winter and its barely started lol i guess im just gettin to dayum old. my bones tell me that anyway. and the shoveling phewww lol

January 12, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  9. ThomasD

I know winter gets old quick. My daughter laughed at me earlier for complaining but, like you, the bones ache a bit more these days.

January 12, 2011 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

well in the past 4 years i have broken my right foot 6 times in 4 places so that hurts all the time. how old is ur daughter?

January 12, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

i just reread my post maybe i should play the 3 diget 464 eh? lol i dont normally buy tickets but it just kinda jumped out @ me

January 12, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  12. ThomasD

How on earth do you manage to break the same foot 6 times? Sounds like maybe some a$$ kickin' goin on? 🙂 Jess is 23. She likes to give her old man a hard time.

January 12, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  13. ThomasD

Haha! That may be a way to make a little extra $. Put an end to those 12 hr days.

January 12, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

well the lst 3 were my ankle and i was a waitress, the next 2 was cuz my landlord makes a better cop than contractor and hasnt put a rail on my porch and the door is reversed u can kinda see how that dont work right? lol and the last one happened on the

January 12, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

on the same porch but it was cuz my ex bf socked me in the face and knocked me off the porch falling on me in the process!

January 12, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |