Arizona shooting victim lashes out at town hall event
January 15th, 2011

Arizona shooting victim lashes out at town hall event

A man who was wounded in last Saturday's massacre in Tucson, Arizona, was taken to a county mental services unit Saturday after making a threatening comment at a town hall event in Tucson, Pima County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jason Ogan said.
- From CNN's Chuck Johnston

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Arizona • Crime • Health • U.S.
  1. helenhull102951

You have got to be kidding me, come on CNN. You really paid this reporter for the half-azzed story!! If so, I got a story for ya leave gun control out of it!! Try and take my guns from me; better bring SWAT with you.. Maybe even the national guard, what's left of them. We don't have enough here to take down a Girl Scout Meeting let alone a crazy man with a gun... And yes I am seeing a mental health expert! Get real on you reporting this story, it's all or nothing.

January 16, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. helenhull102951

Just kidding!! Would'nt want the US gov to start a war with me because I own a gun, or because I envoked my 1st amendment right!! Not is not allowed anymore unless you are from another country.. HA-Ha

January 16, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. sheryl

@Kenneth
    Oh yes, blame the liberal media for these issues. Especially since the right are completely classy, and never play political games. What rock are you living under? Have you met O'Reilly, Beck, etc? Stop being part of the problem.

January 16, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. banasy

@wanna blue name:
    If you underline your name while typing it in, you, too, can have a pretty blue name!

@anaelisa McNair:
    I commented on the Wal-Mart thing in another thread. Nobody commented on it then, either.

January 16, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  5. Robert Rowley

During his little talk on camera Trent Humphries also stated "my nextdoor neighbor was shot...I loved that man". Again, Trent Humphries and the Tea Party trying to inject themselves into places they do not belong. Trent Humphries lives on Tucsons' far East side, the shooting happened in Northwest Tucson...15 miles or more from Humphries part of town. All the victims with the exception of Gabby were from the neighborhood around the store.

How do I know this? I live three blocks from the Safeway, it is my neighborhood store and I was at the town hall sponsored by ABC.

January 16, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  6. a real american

The Tea Party has been calling for Civil War since Obama was elected. Maybe they will get what they asked for.

January 16, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. Cesar

@Jim B: Yes, lap tops are allowed, but patients must earn points.

January 16, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. helenhull102951

Bad news for you government officals, the AMERICAN PROPLE are getting sick of the way you disregard what we want, and doing what you want... It's WE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES, and not you the people of the government!!! You all better be on your "A" game, cause I've got a feeling that the more you ignor the people's wishs the more the people are going to react in a violent manner towards you!!! One day very soon, you're going to see a gathering storm called a (REVOLUTION). History has a way of repeating its self, and that is common knowledge!!! Your best bet is to quit cattering to the foriengers and illeagals and start doing more for the people that made this nation what it is... Just a wise word to the government or OUR COUNTRY (not your country)... "Take heed in whatI say"

January 16, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. corneliusvansant

BHO's speechifying was more of the same hot air; we all know that it is futile. To be intellectually honest, we all must admit it was an inane and cynical call; civility lasted a maximum 48 hours.

Once again the left has attempted to seize upon American crisis to prove big government ideology is righteous. In the process, grossly wronging Palin blaming her for the violence of a madman; it was scurrilous libel.

But the left compounded the error by refusing to admit it. Doubling down in arrogance they continue to violate their victim, criticizing her for daring to answer their blood accusations. See any major news article with "Palin" in the headline's comments to see the MO of vicious and mean spirit sliming.

This is a demonstration of the left's behavior in error, a complete absence of humility and arrogant display of intellectual intolerance for dissent. The general MO of the left is offensive, especially when they are losing the argument.

The mandate against them is clear; the right is organizing and that spells trouble for dreams of a tax-and-spend utopia. The left is in denial and typically asking for peace to stall so they can regroup.

January 16, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sherri W.W.#1~ILLinois

@HelenHull~Now,THAT IS EXACTLY what we DONT WANT TO HAPPEN HERE!We are NOT Tunisa,NOR DO WE WANT TO BE! PLUS~I can tell ANYBODY even THINKING about such a thing~Not a chance! Much as they would NOT WANT TO Hurt ANYONE,I do believe OUR Govt.IS going to protect the REST of us,even if that meant Killing the people trying to do such a thing! I PRAY it NEVER comes to that,and I believe the majority want better than that for their families,because no matter what,or how poor,anyone is STILL better off in America. AND,while I love everyone,I would EXPECT the Govt.to protect me and my family,no matter WHAT they had to do~because we will most definately be at home minding OUR OWN BUSINESS! Now~if you all want to do something~get behind OUR President~and also get behind Health Care for all of us~you know~do something FOR yr neighbors,not against them!

January 16, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. helenhull102951

January 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. helenhull102951

This is what happens to Americans that have a moment of rage, they get arrested. But that's exactly what people are getting so bent out of shape about, the gov is slowly taking away our constiutional rights. Such as freedom of speech, the right to bare arms and many others. One day the people of this country are gonna lash out in a way that will be much like the revolutions in other countries, then what is the gov gonna do? They won't even have the help of the national guard to stop it.. I for one can't wait for this to happen, it's long overdue and justified!! *Wayne*

January 16, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. helenhull102951

What's up CNN, I'm giving you an honest opinion as an American citizen. Or is it that you are doing what the homeland security tells you to do? Are they now taking your freedom of the press by telling you what and what not to print! This would not surprise me in the least... It's a sad day in America when the only people that have any rights are the crazies and the foreigers. What have you lost your B-LLS AND SPINE? Shame on you as reporters of the news! *Wayne*

January 16, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. big AL

Did anybody notice that the liberal media only highlighted only 3 of the six people shot by the shooter? Do you want to believe the media when they sensationalize an event to only have an agenda to whine and twist the facts? And you wonder why the rethoric is causing the hatred? Wake up!

January 16, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. FinallytheTruth

What a pity the corporate owned media like CNN won't stop stirring the embers, hoping to reflash. People coming together don't create ratings. Conflict does.

January 16, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |