'America's Missing': After leaving friend's house, Lindsey Baum disappears
Lindsey Baum was last seen on June 26, 2009.
January 17th, 2011

'America's Missing': After leaving friend's house, Lindsey Baum disappears

Editor's note: HLN is airing a special "Nancy Grace: America’s Missing" with the goal of trying to find 50 people over the next 50 days. Nancy Grace will take a look at several cases across the country in hopes of  helping to solve them. This is the first case.

Ten-year-old Lindsey Baum was at her friend's home six blocks in away in McCleary, Washington, on June 26, 2009, when her friend's mom thought she should begin the walk home before it got too dark.

She was last seen at 9:15 p.m. in the neighborhood and never made it home.

Baum’s story will be the first installment featured Monday night on "Nancy Grace: America’s Missing" live at 9 p.m. ET only on HLN.

For more information on Baum, her description, and information to contact authorities, visit Nancy Grace's blog.

iReport: Your stories of missing loved ones

Other resources:
FindLindseyBaum.com

CUE Missing Persons: The hunt for Lindsey Baum

CNN affiliate KATU's coverage of Lindsey Baum case:

Police focusing on person of interest in missing girl case
More surveillance video released in search for Lindsey Baum

Search still active for Lindsey Baum

Lindsey Baum's disappearance still a mystery

1. iola ballard

well my way of seeing the parents should have went to get the girl way before 10 -clock if it was my child in todays times at 10 she wouldnt been 6 blocks from home in the first place let alone at that time of night

January 17, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. rebecca

I'm sure the parents blame themselves already. They made a mistake? Everyone does

January 17, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. rebecca

Good point iola!!!!!we need God back in America!! That's how America grew was thru God. These r jus signs of the end of the world!

January 17, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • gill

shut up your stupid

January 17, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • CNN Editor

Your spelling is hideous.

January 18, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • carolynsnider

I totally agree that we NEED GOD back in America!

February 6, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ballard

what you didnt like what i said about the parents should have made sure she was home that a ten year old shouldnt be that far away from home let alone at 10 oclock at night

January 17, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. stephanie

As a prior after school teacher, I have seen kids walk home at all hours of the evening and even past law curfew of 10.....parents felt kids safe in neighborhood...

January 17, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jackie

I have a 10 year old son and I don't let him walk the neighborhood. My 14 year old must let me know where he is going and call me when he gets to his destination. I tell him I need to know for his safety and to be able to account for his whereabouts should something happen. As our children we want to give them room to explore but I don't trust this world we live in. So much happens. I try to take both of my boys where they need to go, even if it is a short distance. This may sound protective, but I'd rather that than to be sorry for not doing it. Six blocks seems like a long distance for a 10 year old child to walk without parental or guardian supervision. I pray for the safety of this child and for all people involved. It is so easy to judge.

January 17, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Basicfearmongering

never blame yourselves as we know that the family is the first and largest abuser..instead create more n.r.a. Funding hysteria and wonder why your real life is pure paranoia and prosac.

January 17, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • CNN Editor

Are you trying to state something relevant...probably not?

January 18, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Catm1973

I am just wondering at what point does it make sense, in any parents mind, to allow their children, or anyone else's children to walk home in today's society.

January 17, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • venus79

Absolutely agree, it is not the same from when i was a kid and i am only 31!

January 17, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Belzar

Those pesky UFOs and aliens always abducting someone. How else can so many people go missing every year?

January 17, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • bucko.1

well said.! a mystery is always out of our reach.

January 18, 2011 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
    • bucko.1

well said.! a mystery is always out of our reach..

January 18, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. HK4JeSuS

Hey everyone, Im sitting here at work reading all this and find myself saddened. Why is everyone arguing about before dark, after dark, should have done this, should have done that. A child is missing. A bright eyed little girl. I have a little girl, I am all she has. To her family and anyone else looking at this who has lost someone or will never find someone, how about a bit less arguing and some kind words and praye rd s if you are so inclined.

January 17, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. shannon

My prayers go out to all families affected by Lindsey disappearance. Unfortunately we live in a society that has predators in every neighborhood. So to allow a child of any age, to walk anywhere ALONE, is a risk. Its easy to say what we would have done different if it were us. It should anger any (sane or insane) person whenever a crime is committed against an innocent child. Instead of pointing the finger and placing blame, let's keep all focus on bringing her home and keeping our children safe... at all times.

January 17, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. mandy

I don't let my 10 year old walk 1 block let alone 6 no matter what time of day it is. Its unfortunate but its the world we live in today. People are so oblivious to the possible dangers in their own neighborhoods that they fail to realize it could happen anywhere. Regardless of the time of day what would make anyone think that a 10 year old should walk 6 blocks alone a when kids go missing right off their front porch when unsupervised. What world do they live in?

January 17, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. TErry

I also wonder why my mild mannered,non cursing or threating comments dont show up. Where im from you can see 10 bloccs with no problem. Grammar kings and queens,i spelled with 2 cc's on purpose. If they can add aint to the dictionaries i can spell my way. Elizabeth smart showed up later,jessica lundsford showed up dead a few feet away from her home. i live in florida,home of the predator. You cant move anywhere without being by offenders. About God in America..he is still here..waiting on us to stand up for Him. I pray they at least find 1 person thru Nancy Grace. 1 mom killed herself here in Fl after talking to her. God loves you all!

January 17, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. manny

Its just sad how people give there children their privalages at such an early age the something goes tragically wrong

January 17, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Heath

Ok my God, we get it already. Nobody making comments would let their child walk home alone. We have established that. Now, I hope they find her.

January 17, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |