Steelers, Packers book spots in Super Bowl
The Green Bay Packers beat the Chicago Bears 21-14 in Sunday's NFC championship game.
January 23rd, 2011

Steelers, Packers book spots in Super Bowl

The Pittsburgh Steelers will meet the Green Bay Packers in next month's Super Bowl after the teams won their conference titles Sunday.

The Steelers held off the New York Jets for a 24-19 win in Sunday night's AFC Championship game. The Packers beat the Chicago Bears 21-14 to earn the NFC title earlier in the day.

Pittsburgh will be trying to get its third Super Bowl win in six years and its seventh in franchise history. Green Bay is looking for its fourth Super Bowl title, last won in 1997.

Super Bowl XLV is scheduled for February 6 in Arlington, Texas.

Post by:
Filed under: Football • Pro football • Wisconsin
  1. FootballFanForever

To he person who said, "Oh well, she's just drunk", that's still no excuse for using force...ever. I hope and pray Ben realizes how traumatic that is for a woman and makes amends. Let another team win a Super Bowl this year...GO PACKERS!!!!

January 24, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  2. FootballFanForever

Also, to the guy who said football is just entertainment for fat guys drinking beer is football....People of all ages, men AND women love the game and support their teams. The Indianpolis Colt's brought new life to the state of Indiana and we all love them for it!! Both teams in the Super Bowl this year have decades of tradition as well.....GO PACKERS!!!

January 24, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
    • J

If ever there were a state that should've been put out of its misery...

January 24, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  3. Barry Goode

Pittburgh all the way.It in their DESTINY to win HAHA!

January 24, 2011 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
    • ceecee

Don't forget to credit the Steelers coach. He turned it around. They are in sync with each other and that is what took them this far. Go Steelers!

January 24, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  4. panthersofamerica

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

January 24, 2011 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  5. Dave

Wow. 90% of you people are complete morons. While you're rooting for your team use spell check or have someone read your comment before you post it. Because you all sound inbred. Steelers!!!

January 24, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  6. cmiles

I don't know about rothlisbergers guilt or innocence bcuz I wasn't there but I like both teams & I'm just hoping its a good game. I'm kinda partial to the steelers though so, go yellow & black!

January 24, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. steven

Go packers!!!!

January 24, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. $teeler$

I just love how people think pgh is full of hillbillies.. If we are then I guess it works cause who else has 6 rings? Anyone? No? And we are gonna get 7! Suck on that! We are winners! And I am damn proud to be from pgh!

January 24, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. cmiles

& none of my friends that like football are fat old guys. Lmao I'm 6'2 200 lbs & my friends are around the same. Get ur facts str8 b4 running US into the ground bcuz u dnt like the teams playing.oh & if u dnt like football then why are you commenting? Lol

January 24, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  10. cmiles

& none of my friends that like football are fat old guys. Lol I'm 6'2 200 lbs & my friends are around the same. Get ur facts str8 b4 running US into the ground bcuz u dnt like the teams playing.oh & if u dnt like football then why are you commenting? Lol

January 24, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  11. GeoCentric

meh.

January 24, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  12. cmiles

none of my friends that like football are fat old guys. I'm 6'2 200 lbs & my friends are around the same. Lol oh & if u dnt like football then why are you even commenting? Lol

January 24, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  13. cmiles

Sorry my phone sent that message 3 times. Lol neway GO STEELERS!!!!

January 24, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. JB

Ok...does anyone else now believe the NFL is rigged ?

January 24, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Nope, if anything the refs were trying to keep the Steelers out. Go Steelers!!!!

January 24, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. cmiles

I actually live in hillbilly country here in western north carolina & PA'ans are far from hillbillies! I can't really stand hillbillies so I wouldn't root 4 any! Lol

January 24, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |