Official: Pentagon official died from blunt force trauma after assault
January 28th, 2011

Official: Pentagon official died from blunt force trauma after assault

Former Pentagon official John Wheeler died from "blunt force trauma after being assaulted," according to the Delaware medical examiner.

- From CNN's Allan Chernoff

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • U.S.
  1. Cesar

You tell them Chrissy! You tell them, but I think they are talking about the birds that died recently in Arkansas. Hail to Philip! Seriously, he does research on the stuff he writes about. Bye Chrissy.

January 28, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. raven

After a mind-numbing day following Egypt, I was kinda relieved it was so short . In the video taken just before he died ,wheeler looked to me like he already HAD the head injury ? Or was drugged...

January 28, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Q

This just in... A cat jumped.

Well say what you will at least CNN doesn't take down the CNN bashing comments. Fox doesn't even have a blog and I'm not really sure if MSNBC does, so at least CNN invites commentary from the common folk. I can only imagine what the MSNBC or Fox blogs would look like.

January 28, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

John "Jack" Wheeler and Dr. Jack Wheeler are not the same individual. One is a former pentagon official, the other is a political pundit. One is dead and one is still living. We all need to stop believing what people say or write. People, like myself, or politicians, newscasters, preachers, etc., do not know everything, and should not be believed until after checking it out for yourself. Even a close friend can be mistaken. Have you ever tried to go a whole week without saying a lie, even if it is for a decent reason.? Try it sometime. You will be surprised. (end of demonstration. You can believe every word I post again) he he

January 28, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

chrissy! Good to see you again, and thank you for your vote of confidence. And I hope my shenanigan didn't upset you. I wanted to demonstrate how prone to making mistakes we all are, and try to get everyone to do more research, and less posting. banasy is the true master of this art. She works at a library though...so no fair! Me? I'm a 'cheater' because i'm older and so have had more years to do this./ And I never did figure out what you were hinting at. The road less travelled that i was supposed to find? It kinda drove me crazy! I went back and read your previous posts and racked my brain over it. If yer not gonna tell me outright, another hint maybe?

January 28, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ed bailey

Whoa man,I can hardly comprehend the facts!

January 28, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Philip

@raven...nice to see you here again. I remember reading that there is video evidence of him being disoriented. He had heart problems I think, even though he was only in his mid-sixties. Heart problems are not uncommon among government officials and car dealers though. Many wear defibulators or have pacemakers installed. I don't believe the heart is just a blood pump. I believe it really is in fact the seat of human emotion.

January 28, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

lol phillip u are truly my most favorite person to converse with in here & if i were 2 describe u i would have 2 compare u 2 a walking encyclopedia. now the "road less traveled" with the clue carpal tunnel was a topic that did not have many responses 2

January 28, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

have to scroll thru that way it doesnt aggravate my carpal tunnel. get it now? and im not sure what shenanigans ur referring to

January 28, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

Oh! I get it now. I was confused thinking of a literal road, or ways people choose to do things. Anyway, my mind can rest. Odd how this intrigued me.// Did you get the brakes fixed on your truck? And I don't remember if you responded to my 'do you really work 12/day and hope it's a 4 day week' question. And how are your kids doing?

January 28, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

chrissy...I've got an early day tomorrow so I'm hittin' the sack. And your youthful happiness in the face of challenge really lights me up, energizes me. You are truly a delightful person. I will check back in the morning. Oh, I haven't seen Thomasd around lately. If you see him, pls. say hi for me. Goodnight chrissy.

January 28, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

lol have to laugh at the youthful remark as i am older than u im sure. and yes i got my brakes fixed and no my l2 hour days are not limited to a 4 day work week. my last stretch was 9. but was nice chattin with u again. maybe tomorrow. u have a gr8 nite

January 28, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cesar

Official: Tomorrow is here.

January 29, 2011 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

You didn't wait up all night for me did ya Cesar? he he...wow. Things are gettin' crazy in Egypt huh. One of the first things that popped into my mind this morning. Kinda scary even for me.

January 29, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

Good morning chrissy too. What? My daughter is probably near your age! Abd I was referring to your youthful exuberance as expressed here. Your passion for living shines in stark contrast to the haters whose posts are dark and gloomy. Your posts have the human touch and I feel them.

January 29, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |