Gotta Watch: Whoopie pie dispute; candy caper; extreme skiing
The whoopie pie may become Maine's state dessert.
February 1st, 2011

Gotta Watch: Whoopie pie dispute; candy caper; extreme skiing

Whoopie vs. blueberry – While the debate over a state dessert seems ridiculous enough, what's more is how seriously these lawmakers in Maine are taking this issue.

Candy crime – Police in Richmond, Virginia, are trying to figure out why crooks lifted thousands of dollars worth of candy from area convenience stores. They're now behind bars, but not the chocolate variety. Watch the video to see how they did it.

'Beautiful and terrifying' skiing – It's man vs. gravity as extreme skiers fall, flip and slalom down the Swiss Alps. Watch the video. Be impressed.

1. Ninnny_Poop

Why oh why does CNN insist on being at the forefront of regular idiocy?
    Feeding words and slogans like; "GOTTA" to readers of *coff, *coff, news.

It's helping to keep America, dare I say, stupid. Nice job.
    I object to this steadfast diet. Strongly.

February 1, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Minnny_Poop

Dare I say, stop searching out stupid articles only to complain about them? Just a thought.

February 1, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ruth W

boy am I ever with you. That articel about snow person and snow man, give me a break , so what if it melts.
      microwave snow so the kids can eat it. eat what hot water stupid
      why do you put so called ppl of education up to tell ppl how to raise there kids when that so called expert is dork American are not that stupid but if Cnn keeps this up we sure as He@@ will be.

February 1, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • DisgustedAgain

So funny! People who can't spell, capitalize properly, and can barely form an intelligible sentence calling others stupid. Must be a bunch of 13 year old kids commenting here. So funny yet so sad.

February 1, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

CNN just gets more mediocre by the week.

February 1, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • CRH

I agree. News shouldn't be laced with this.

February 1, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cesar

@Minny_Poop, I dairy you to say it again. I double dairy you!

February 1, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Robert Braden

I am looking for program you all had 2-3 weeks ago on the blind animals found in Caves. Is there anyway I can retrieve it or get a pictures of the animals. thanks, bob braden

February 1, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kathleen

I'm moving to Maine if the most important thing they have to debate there is whoopie pies v. blueberries.

February 1, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • sevresblue

It IS, and it's a fabulous place!

February 1, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • mainiac52

That's why we say..."Maine...the way life should be!"

February 1, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. FormerMainer

Glad I moved. No, this isn't the most important thing to debate, Kathleen. Their educational system is a joke. The state healthcare system is a sinking ship that owes millions to its hospitals in back pay for services. Industry is leaving. People are leaving. It's a dying state. And the sad part? They don't care.

February 1, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • currentmainer

I'm glad you moved too.

February 1, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • New England Roof Raker

I'm not even from Maine, but I am glad you left, too, so the state will at least have one less sub-educated individual to contend with. Get yourself educated, learn the basics of grammar, and then become part of the solution by 'caring'. It is you that needs to care about the state, not the other way around.

February 1, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • mainiac52

Let me guess...you moved to NJ...

February 1, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. NuckinFuts

I'm down for a whoopie pie as long as it's not Whoopie Goldberg's pie.

February 1, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just Wonderin'

The wisest comment on this board.

February 1, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. raven

Whoopie Pie ? wonder whats in THAT ??

February 1, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cesar

Hi, Raven. I think whoopie pie is, ummm, how shall I say this...afternoon delight.

February 1, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. RUFFNUTT

ever notice you can't say 'toy boat' 6 times in a row real fast?

February 1, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. raven

Ill take a slice a whoopie pie with a side of kumquats ,please .

February 1, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy

Oh, I could get really realllllly raunchy right now concerning the Maine State Pie, but I won't. I want to know just why any state has to have an Official State Pie at all!!!

Re: the Candyknappers: whoa, munchie much??

February 1, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. RUFFNUTT

cause they couldnt agree on the state gun..

February 1, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cesar

OK, raven. Afternoon delight means,....the "S" word. So by kumquats you mean fruit, literally? By the way, do you speak any Russian at all???

February 1, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  14. raven

@cesar , Just bits and pieces,both sets of grandparents were half russian/indian and all were fluent in many languages, but they spoke Dena Ina and Tglinit mostly . Russian was reserved for chewin us out .

February 1, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. raven

@cesar , Just bits and pieces,both sets of grandparents were half russian/indian and all were fluent in many languages, but they spoke Dena Ina and Tglingit mostly . Russian was reserved for chewin us out .

February 1, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |