The day's most popular stories
February 1st, 2011

The day's most popular stories

The five most popular stories on CNN.com in the past 24 hours, according to NewsPulse:

Blinding snow hits Plains, Midwest: A vast winter storm on Tuesday blasted much of the nation with nearly horizontal blowing snow, cloaking trees and power lines with ice up to an inch thick, forcing airports to close and complicating the travel plans of fans headed to this weekend's Super Bowl in Texas.

Mubarak says he won't run again; protesters say it's not enough: Bowing to eight days of protests, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak said Tuesday he will not seek office again in elections scheduled for September, but vowed to stay in the country and finish his term.

After mass dog slaughter, stressed man files for worker's comp: An employee of Canada's Outdoor Adventures company admitted to slaughtering 100 sled dogs, according to a workers compensation report he later filed.

Authorities believe body found in California canal is abducted boy: California authorities extended their condolences Tuesday to the family of Juliani Cardenas, 4, after a body was found that they say matches his physical description.

7 teens arrested in recorded beating of bullying victim:  A 13-year-old boy who was attacked while walking home from school earlier this month in a Philadelphia suburb said Tuesday that he had been bullied since the beginning of classes.

Filed under: Most Popular
  1. Cesar

Raven, thank you so much. I'll google bruxism. I'll see a dentist one day. What is TMJ??

February 2, 2011 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. raven

Its the temporo mandibular joint, clamp your jaw down real hard , now put your hand on your jaw just below your ear ,feel that big lumpa muscle ? is that where your jaw hurts ? cuz thats where it is .

February 2, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

Cesar, not really. raven's explanation is more than I knew about it. I've never known anyone that suffered from this either. I would try practicing stress relief and see if that helps. (stretching excercises in the morning and right before bed, more fruit/grain in the morning/extra live greens in the afternoon/and I would pray about it). But you seem so calm most all of the time, so that might not be it. For sure take ravens advice about the otc guards. Hope you get to feeling better Cesar, and I wish I knew more. It upsets me when people suffer and there's nothing, or little I can do to offer relief. I probably should have spent more time reading about helping people with physical ailments than I did politics and stuff. For sure I should have.

February 2, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

And while I'm here ( vast undertatement) Iwould like to ask you friends to help me with a problem I've had for a long, long time: being overly critical of our political leaders. (before I find myself, if not already, what the bible describes as"he who opposes authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God"-Paul in his letter to the Roman Christians, Ch. 1:1-7. Maybe get on my case if you see me doing this. I know i shouldn't be for I never mention it in prayer like I do with other problems. If this sounds odd, it is. he he...anyway, feel free to really stomp on me when you observe me being overly and especially severely critical. Thank you, and I would really appreciate your help along these lines.

February 2, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar

@Philip, I think you're fed up with different aspects of our government. You, like many Americans are fed up with how much waste there is in billions going to foreign aid. This is one point in which I will always be on your side. I thanked Raven, nice to get advice from someone who's been there.

February 2, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

Yeah, I am upset about that. And I'm upset about me spending all that time (literally thousands of hours) sticking my nose in their business. Surely that time could of been spent more wisely. And I'd like to apologize to you Cesar, for dumping these things on your lap. It's such a heavy load to carry.

February 2, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. Philip

And I decided to start using FB again. If you'd like, we can be "friends" there. I'm Philip Douglas (with one "L") and would dearly love it if you, Cesar, would drop in and befriend me.(I'm they guy diving under the Colorado flag) I understand this is quite personal, and would not take offense if you didn't want to. You will always be my CNN friend. 🙂

February 2, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. Cesar

What is FB?

February 2, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

FB is where an Egyptian feller voiced his disgust, and was joined by 10,000 others online before they took to the streets. (Facebook silly) Do you FB?

February 2, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

chrissy...thinking of you and Andrea this morning. Hope all is well. And I hope you are warm somewhere away from the cold there.

February 2, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  11. Cesar

@Philip, no but I am registered with Tweeter.

February 2, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  12. Cesar

4got, my name is chirp77777 on Tweeter. Last time I was there was November. CNN, has a larger assortment of topics and easier/ quicker navigation.

February 2, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

Ceasar...I've never tweeted. You should open a Facebook account. It takes like 5 min. banasy is there, as well as ThomasD. (ladies beware: ThomasD is one very attractive man, as you know from his posts. He is also a very looking man. Great guy all around. hope you don't mind my sayingThomas)

February 2, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Steve

The shooting at the california school is most disturbing. If every citizen in america would beer arms this would never happen. There would never be a crime again! Guns dont kill, people do

February 2, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

ty phillip about your concern @ the moment she is in full blown bipolar mode & feels im the enemy because i told my mom her grandma about what shes goin thru so i have no idea the results im just her mom & its none of my business if she has a brain tumor!

February 2, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |