Elementary school principal killed in shooting; man arrested
Police arrested janitor John Luebbers, 44, in connection with the shooting.
February 2nd, 2011

Elementary school principal killed in shooting; man arrested

The principal of an elementary school in northern California was shot to death Wednesday, police said.

Placerville Police Chief George Nielsen identified the victim as Sam Lacara, 50, the principal of Schnell School, who was shot in the upper torso.

John Luebbers, 44, a custodial employee, was arrested in connection with the shooting, which was believed to have stemmed from a dispute between the two men, Nielsen said.

No schoolchildren were injured, but authorities believe one student may have seen the shooting.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: California • Crime
  1. roflamericanwinner

How's that gun control working for you califrnia? Oh wow, and it was in a gun controlled zone as well. Good job california............. ROFL kommiefornia.

February 2, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lameduck

Oh, it's GREAT!!!

I spend hundreds of $$$ and jump through hoops to be compliant. No one at the CA DOJ knows what I am suppose to be compliant to. Just be compliant.

It's just freaking great!!!

How's the weather in the rest of the country? (Yes, that is the only ammo I have against you.) 🙁

February 2, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • stejo

how well did no gun control work in AZ?

February 2, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • ksoze

This might surprise you, but people get shot in other states as well. Your comment makes no sense at all.

February 2, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jess

Principal died. Janitor arrested. No kids hurt.

February 2, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jerry c

Liberals are such crybabies....give me, give me, give me, wipe me, wipe me, wipe me!

February 2, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • JV

Jerry don't you have anything better to do? THIS IS NOT POLITICAL!!!!! What is going on with people anymore? (On both sides!) It's a tragedy yes, it happens no matter how hard we try to prevent it. That is the price we pay for a free society. Can you at least try to talk about the actual story?

February 2, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • soy sauce

would be nice if you could post something relevant, instead of going off on angry tangeants about nothing

February 2, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • ksoze

Jerry, what exactly does your comment have to do with the story?

February 2, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jess

Principal died. Janitor arrested. No kids hurt

February 2, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. tehheh

This is from another website:
    "The alleged gunman in a school shooting in Placerville, California, has been taken into custody.
    Authorities found custodian John Leubbers at his home around noontime.
    He's suspected of shooting an adult administrator at Schnell Elementary School, who reportedly is the principal.
    The victim was rushed to a hospital, and the sheriff's department says his injuries are life-threatening."

February 2, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Meg

ok... first of all, my thoughts & prayers go out to all those involved. As far as the comments – I am a liberal democrat, yet I do believe in the right to bear arms. I do agree w/ gun control laws, but citizens of this country should be able to obtain a gun if they file the paperwork & wait the waiting period. May, to propose a total gun ban is unrealistic. I do feel that metal detectors should be in all of our schools. When my daughter was in school, they wouldn't put detector's in because they thought they looked bad. I would've felt safer had they been there, though.

February 2, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jimbo

Lots of comments for such a short article.

February 2, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. NotYou

Gee, we just had a Livonia cop killed here in Michigan...shot by the loser who had just stolen the gun from the home he had just robbed...
    But keep your heads in the sand, repugs....all we can hope is you all use your guns on each other.....

February 2, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Christchex

Religion will obviously solve this, as it always has.

Obviously Serious.
    Sherlock.

February 2, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Rev Fred

II Timothy 3:1-5,7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

February 2, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Daniel

As a parent of a toddler getting ready to go to school in the next few years i am scared that something like this will happen close to home.Not to mention having kids envolved. It terrifys me to see what the family is going thru. My heart and prayers go out to the victim's family and to all those kids teachers and staff members of that school they shouldnt have to go thru something so hanus like seeing one of there own go thru something like this

February 2, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. cpi

was the shooter possibly a student or parent

February 2, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel

it was the custodian of the school.. Question is why did he run if he knew he was going to get caught?

February 2, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Meg

oh... and the thought of the principal being armed on school property is just scary.

February 2, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. TruthBeTold

I notice all you zombies ignore the calls for fixing the lack of morality in this country and go right for the liberal/conservative gun law argument. News flash: Your popular entertainment is filled with trash. News flash: Any "crazies" with mental problems can't get them tended to because there isn't adequate health care to see the "crazies" get their proper meds.
    News Flash: Your government has done NOTHING to curb illegal drugs, illegal immigrants, or illegal firearms getting onto the black market.
    Say what you want about Canada, but they've got a health care system set up for the "crazies" to get treatment. Canadians are also a bit more decent to each other. Most of you would brown your depends if you compared the cleanliness of New York and Toronto. So have fun killing each other down there. You guys really do think your turds don't stink. It's obvious. Nobody can tell you anything.

February 2, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

If you had seen my previous post, my family member I referred to was killed in Canada.

February 2, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

I agree with you whole heatedly on the lack of morality though.

February 2, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rikro

I didn't see anything in the article ststing the janitor had a mental health problem. Since he worked with a school district I'm pretty sure he had health insurance. Can't you find a relevant article to spout your political opinions?

February 2, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Hebby

"When the crap hits the fan and this country gets split down the middle..." @watanye, um what? You make me laugh. What kind of sic-fi fantasy world do you live in? West vs. the East or something? Or Dems vs. Rep (like they're even different)? Or maybe you still live in the past when we just starting settling this country and were first fighting for land? Get with the here and now. And you especially make me emphasize that point with that "man driving" comment like you really do live back in the day. Yeah because men never have accidents or speed or drive drunk and kill people. And talk about history, what about when everybody was allowed to have guns back "in the old days" and everybody was killing each other right and left, for even things like they looked at someone wrong or you cheated at cards. Clearly that wasn't working allowing anyone to have guns and they changed that to a certain extent. It's time to change things even more now especially since it is 2011.

February 2, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |