Video: CNN iReports from Egypt
Egypt unrest through eyes of iReporters
February 3rd, 2011

Video: CNN iReports from Egypt

A CNN iReporter submitted video of a hit-and-run incident involving an Egyptian police van that hit several pedestrians in Cairo. A warning – this video is graphic.

[cnn-video url=http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/02/03/seg.egypt.van.crowd.cnn]

CNN iReporter Hunter Moore is an American teacher in Cairo who is certified in CPR and first aid. He has been working with doctors and other volunteers to provide medical aid to injured protesters outside Tahrir Square.

[cnn-video url=http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/ireports/2011/02/03/ac.egypt.doctor.irpt.cnn]

CNN iReporter Omar Kamel submitted images of the protests in Tahrir Square. He has been witnessing the protests since the beginning.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/ireports/2011/02/03/irpt.tahrir.square.ireport"%5D
Post by:
Filed under: iReport
  1. Joe john-ston

There was a worse incident where a diplomatic car nailed over 20 people in a crowd. I couldn't believe it. It's time to rip this government out of their mansions and into the sewers.

February 3, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Brutcrab

People in Iran rebelled - what happened to them?

Tiananmen Square - China (1989) - people rebelled - what happened to them

Throughout time, people get fed up and they rebell. - I wonder what happened to them.

Revolutionary War USA - 1776 or thereabouts - Well, we are doing better than most places. I know even our poor have it better than most poor people in other countries. I always thought I was poor - gee, I have 2 computers, several phones, health care, plenty of food, a house, land up North - gee, I guess I am not all that poor but I know people who live on $600 a month, and they get Section 8, pay reduced rent around $111 a month, air conditioning, tv, cell phone (and that is a poor person I know). So, when I hear about these Egyptians living in the City of the Dead, making $2 a day - going through a garbage dump - I think what kind of leader of a country would allow this. How could this Egyptian head of the country allow people to live in a grave yard. I do believe it is against the law here (I guess). I also have a rott, a black lab and black cat that live better that the poor people in Egypt and other countries that have deplorable living conditions (too many countries to name). Well, this is my venting for now.

February 3, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. raven

Jim , I read and comprehend just fine . I comprehend when people are condescending and insulting. Some people cant have a debate without debasing themselves to hurling barbs and foul mouthed epithets. Im not always right but I at least respect other peoples perspectives without stooping to the lowest common denominator of name calling.

February 3, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim Brieske

raven. You a**hole idiot piece of sh/t! A debate? You attacked me first you fuker!! I would like to see your head put in a vise. See how much sh/t comes out your ears. Go fuk yourself. You address me ever again and you will regret it, you low I.Q.d moron.
      You have no idea who I know.
      jim

February 4, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Colin B Colby

Jim Brieske, there are all kinds of people in this world. You're the type that should never, ever attempt to think or speak about the more complex aspects of the human race and stick to your manual-labor type job. The grown-ups are handling the situation. You idiot.

February 4, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim Brieske

Colin B colby. I am much much more intelligent than you. So now that that's established. You little piece of sh/t, the situation will be handled the way I want!! YOU ARE A FOOL!!!
      Go fuk yourself, you p/ssy.
      jim

February 4, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. david

omg i cant sleep

February 4, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  6. chubba

now you see the value of police during a real crisis....

February 4, 2011 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. raven

I didnt mock anyone . and no Ive never been in combat so i cant speak to that experience but i have had a gun pointed at my head and it was terrifying and all i could think about was self preservation. As to being a citizen , my ancestors have been here for millenia and I consider myself so very lucky to be American,and im grateful to all American soldiers whether they died or not . I try to live my life with integrity and honor and I may not have the same principals you do but that doesnt mean I dont have them .

February 4, 2011 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  8. Fredo

The people of Egypt are fighting for Freedom, unlike the republican party and their armed wing, the tea bagger fundamentalists who represent oppression. Out with the tyrant and Bush ally!!!.

February 4, 2011 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

Good post Fredo,but what Egypt needs is a Communist Revolution like the one in China. So do almost all the Middle Eastern countries. These pro-Western Muslim Elitists need to go!!!

February 4, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. LOW LYF

IF YOU LOOK AT IT ON THE NEWS IT DOESNT LOOK MUCH DIFFERANT THAN THE AMERIAN IDOL TRY-OUTS

February 4, 2011 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mike

Jim Brieske is an ardent peter puffer.

February 4, 2011 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
  11. Cesar

Fredo, I know it was you. You broke my heart, Fredo. Don't make a big deal. Get in the car.

February 4, 2011 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
  12. raven

Lol Cesar! took me a minute but i got it ...you crack me up .

February 4, 2011 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
  13. Cesar

Hi raven. I love classic movies and classic lines.

February 4, 2011 at 5:40 am | Report abuse |
  14. raven

Well ya couldna picked a better one. I gotta crash but ill see ya tomorrow.have a good nite .(hope theres no horses head in my bed). night-night.

February 4, 2011 at 5:46 am | Report abuse |
  15. Person

Israel is becoming a nation. http://nopolicestate.blogspot.com/2011/01/egypt_29.html

February 4, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |