February 4th, 2011

Alleged gunman in Giffords shooting to face federal charges first

The federal government will prosecute Jared Lee Loughner on charges related to the attempted assassination of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and a mass shooting in Tucson, Arizona, before state prosecutors pursue a criminal case against him, federal and state prosecutors said Friday.

Post by:
Filed under: Arizona • Crime
  1. NamVetNavy

Oh yeah? What'd he do?

February 4, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. NuckinFuts

Ever notice how the crazed gunmen always take out the innocent instead of those most worthy? Of all the problems in our political system it seems Giffords was trying to engage her community and get them involved in some way. Giffords was doing it the right way by not having things done behind locked doors with corporate lobbyists. A little girl is dead now. The innocent paid the price for someone else's problems. It would be nice if Washington got boring again. All the corruption, slander and childish bickering has not worked. Those who make $170,000.00 a year should compromise to the best of their abilities.

February 4, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  3. raven

ALLEGED ??dont they have video ?

February 4, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. tbone sally

Eye for an eye...kill the sick sob. much love to all peeps involved even HIS family. im not much n2 politics but the little girl struck a soft spot in my heart. im a cubs fan but my prayers are sent to the phillies organization and her family...you will be dearly missed!!!!

February 5, 2011 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  5. tbone sally

Oh yeah...why should he get the luxury of a federal joint??? send his a$$ to the state joint where the inmates can inflict their own justice....just sayin!!

February 5, 2011 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. tonya

what he did was extremely wrong, and he deserves to pay the price dearly. What he gets in prison, he deserves.

February 5, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  7. Cha~Ching

They not going to kill him his family has money

February 5, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  8. AMERICA 1st

Big Bubba and the little white boy! We all know the ending to that book! Hope he enjoys the jail copy!

February 5, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ed bailey

The innocent always suffer. The pattern is undeniable. This horror,Oklahoma city,Ft,Hood,and a host of other bad memories were ALL perpatrated by individuals who had volunteered to risk their lives to protect OUR FREEDOM. WHY? To give the public a hint at what is a growing cancer. I feel their pain because I was stupid enough to volunteer my life for the defense of the freedom WE DON'T HAVE. I have no hesitation in stating I hate my government. The flag waving public have my deepest sympathy, but I would not lift a finger to hurt them OR help them.in the begining I was astonished to find out a veteran killed a building full of people.Now I know why it happened but the how is out of my grasp. Your government has failed me and my loved ones in the worst way possible but to retaliate against innocent victims is perpetuating the criminal acts that made me who I am today.the concept isn't bad,what has become of it is very, very sad!

February 6, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  10. junkyarddog

The crazy thing is their is another guy getting ready to copy what he did gun control laws will never matter get ready for more of these types of shootings

February 6, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |