Weary Dallas enjoys super sunshine on eve of Super Bowl
February 5th, 2011

Weary Dallas enjoys super sunshine on eve of Super Bowl

Mother Nature smiled Saturday on ice-weary metro Dallas residents and Super Bowl visitors, providing sunny skies and snow-melting temperatures in the lower 50s.

After four days of often-miserable driving conditions and closed schools and offices, millions were out and about, shaking off cabin fever and stocking up for the nation's annual ode to football, food and fun advertising.

"We are so thankful," said Tiara Ellis Richard, media relations coordinator for the Arlington Police Department and a member of a joint public safety task force established for the Super Bowl.

Sunday will be cloudy and chillier, with a chance of a rain and snow mix by Sunday evening's kickoff, but it shouldn't be that big a deal, CNN forecasters said. Very light accumulations of snow are possible on grass and elevated surfaces.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Football • Pro football • Sports • Weather • Winter weather
  1. jsr

February 5, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jsr

I hope dallas and tarrant county are better prepared if snow, ice or freezing rain starts to fall sunday than the last four days.

February 5, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Agent 420

The first thing I'm doing tomorrow is a Super Bowl! and then watch the big game... .

February 5, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jim Brieske

Sunshine has arrived in Dallas. God has laughed so hard snowflakes fell to Earth blanketing the area around the battlefield. Now he is smiling. For he knows this will be very very interesting. The opponents he has brought us are opposites. A sandlot group of ragtag "I could give a sh/t about money" gang of football players versus some dynasty football players who have never eaten Ramen noodles. Let me tell something. Everything happens for a reason.
    When that aircraft went down on the Hudson River, a man got his tugboat there before anyone else. He immediately began rescuing passengers. His name was Vince Lombardi. Why him? Beause God is funny and he uses symbolism all the time. God loves Green Bay. He sent Vince Lombardi in for the rescue. Now what does any of this have to do with the Super Bowl game tomorrow? Well, it's about heart. Coach Lombardi knew this.
    The players with the most love for the game of football will be victorious. Why? Because money, wealth and having some fancy smancy football team that looks like a bunch of bees (Male bees take orders from a female bee.) has nothing to do with it. Winning begins and ends with one's heart...
    ... and some Ramen noodles in between.
    jim

February 5, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Waldo

***hi jim. Who is lombardi is he your friend

February 5, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim Brieske

Waldo. Coach Vince Lombardi hooked up with your grandmother while your grandfather, 3 midgets, the Chief of Police and a large breast/ed one legged callgirl watched from the closet.
      jim

February 6, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. AMERICA 1st

A John Wayne flick would supercede the stupid bowl everytime for me. That includes the idiot ads too!

February 5, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mc Q

4 sell,John Wayne collection set on beta!

February 5, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Super- 2100 -Star

And now quite intoxicated 2100 walked down the cyber halls. And each door he would kick it in? while screaming aloud Hi-yah. When he came to this door he screamed loudly Hiie- ya-aa-hh and kicked down the door(Crash) Laughing and thinking to himself "At least i dont have to pay for these cyber-doors" .

February 6, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  9. beezo

BLACK & YELLOW BLACK & YELLOW BLACK & YELLOW BLACK & YELLOW BLACK & YELLOW

February 6, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim Brieske

beezo. Good luck to your team. It will be fun to watch.
      jim

February 6, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ****waldo****

****jim hey. Hahaha your funny. Hey beezo jim is my friend to you don't need luck good for u gb won. Gb is for green bay. Did you bet money. Its illegal but shhhh

February 6, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ****waldo****

****jim brieske that is

February 6, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jim Brieske

To CNN censors. Let me post my comment to waldo. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!!!!
    jim

February 7, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jim Brieske

CNN won't post my comment to waldo thanking him because I wrote, I didn't watch the game or any of the playoff games. CNN is s*cking the c*cks of the NFL people.
    jim

February 7, 2011 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim Brieske

I apologize to you CNN censors. There must have been something wrong with your system the day before. Maybe it's used to me cuzzing and when I don't it refuses to post it now. Yesterday, I was trying to say I am superstious. So when I missed the first Green Bay playoff game and they won, I decided to keep not watching so they would win.
      jim