New York man found guilty of murder in wife's beheading
Muzzammil Hassan was convicted Monday in the 2009 beheading death of his wife, Aasiya Hassan.
February 7th, 2011

New York man found guilty of murder in wife's beheading

A New York jury on Monday found Muzzammil "Mo" Hassan guilty of second-degree murder for the 2009 beheading of his wife.

His legal adviser, Jeremy Schwartz, said that Hassan, who made closing arguments on his own behalf, may appeal the verdict.

Hassan, who founded a TV network aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes, went to a police station in February 2009 in the Buffalo, New York, suburb of Orchard Park and told officers his wife was dead, police have said. Aasiya Hassan had been decapitated.

The jury deliberated for an hour before delivering the verdict.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Courts • Crime • Justice • New York
  1. bleh

@ The Devil: go to h ell!!!

February 7, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Nils H Wessell

"She was better looking without the head," he explained.

February 7, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

sorry ruffnutt my friend but being retarded aint gonna work cuz that would mean u dont know any better, so i guess ur just bein an a** again

February 7, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

atleast mine wasnt the worst comment..

you know what would be a better ironic story that im waiting for is

'cartoon animater get killed by falling safe'

February 7, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Ugh, that's 90% dark humor....

February 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy

You know, it doesn't matter what race or creed he is, it's a horrific crime, he's been found guilty, and I'm sure that he will be punished the max under NY law.

There have been other decapitations in this country; everybody is just pulling the Muslim panic switch because it makes for better blogging. Enough, already!

February 7, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy

@RUFFNUTT:

Lmao! My comment wasn't really directed at you; I EXPECT it from you! That's just the way you're made; you an equal-opportunity smart-@$$!!!

February 7, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

im sorry im a jerk but it's the way im wired... i try and see the bright side in every story..

you know like if there was a story like " bus full of nuns killed when truck headed to zoo full of peguins swerves into oncomming traffic "

im still suprised people responded so much on my " indian ship sinking comment " i had them worked up that day..

February 7, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

@Ruffie:

Yeah, you did! I was LMAO...but again, that's what you do best...stir the rabble-rousers up...you just amuse me to no end!!! You take no prisoners...like I said, an equal opportunity smart-@$$. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.....lol

February 7, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. OLE CROW

Muslims worldwide are just filthy animals. they need to be caged in a zoo. filthy dogs.

February 7, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. RUFFNUTT

ok i got a good mfk.. micheal myers , a muslim , and flavor flav..

February 7, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. meee

When did this become a crime?!

February 7, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. headroom

So, What will her burial "head"stone read?

February 7, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. headroom

"I guess my hubby 'head' enough of me."

February 7, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

wow meee when has it NOT been a crime? sheesh louise and ur right ruffnutt it wasnt the worst

February 7, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

see..lol

February 8, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  13. headroom

Says the wife's family to the undertaker, "We'd like a casket with a bit more headroom."

February 7, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Muslim

I suppose that you must be wanting a cowardly Muslim response to this story such as "There are good Muslims and there are bad Muslims, please do not take every crime done by a Muslim to be representative of Islam or the Muslim way of life." Nay! Rather I shall point you to searchtruth.com where you can read the Qur'an and I shall further tell you to produce proof from the Qur'an that beheading the wife is allowed. The Qur'an is the ultimate authority in the lives of Muslims, so you must look for proof there.

February 8, 2011 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Jack

@Muslim, does a person that wrote the Quran finish a law school? If No than I have right to respect it. That book is outdated and can not be used in the 21 century. Let me tell you, BAD is at 90% GOOD is at 10% and the whole world know it. All MADRASA (Muslim Schools) teach bad 100%. You call others as "infidel" there is no tolerant toward others religions. This is 21 century and you need to be more tolerant toward others.

February 8, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  15. Law&Odrer

Eye for an eye, tooth for tooth,...

February 8, 2011 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |