The day's most popular stories
February 7th, 2011

The day's most popular stories

The five most popular stories on CNN.com in the past 24 hours, according to NewsPulse:

Aguilera flubs national anthem at Super Bowl: Christina Aguilera helped kick off Sunday's Super Bowl with a singer's nightmare, flubbing the words of "The Star-Spangled Banner" about 40 seconds into the song as tens of millions prepared to watch the game between the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Monday quarterbacking: Super Bowl's hits and fumbles: The Packers might have been the official winners of Super Bowl XLV, but if we're counting Web buzz, there were plenty of other victors Sunday night.

Cops: Party ejection led to frat shooting: Students and staff somberly returned to class Monday at Youngstown State University, where a prayer service was held for the people shot at an off-campus party over the weekend.

Jury finds TV executive guilty of beheading: An upstate New York jury on Monday found Muzzammil "Mo" Hassan guilty of second-degree murder for beheading his wife.

Channing Tatum: Yes, I was a stripper: He may wear some seriously skimpy skirts in the upcoming gladiator epic "The Eagle," but that's nothing compared to the uniform Channing Tatum wore in his pre-acting career — as a stripper.

Filed under: Most Popular
  1. Repeat

Thanks for the rehash CNN... .

February 7, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Saxson

Seriously people.. shes human.. we make mistakes.. get over it.. no need to bash anyone

February 8, 2011 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Sutler

Man, she looks like a tramp on meth...

Actually, my apologies to all the tramps on meth out there for the insult.

February 8, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  2. RUFFNUTT

Christina Aguilera.. a true insperation to all americans.. i bet you she los tthe lyrics and had to get them off the naked gun dvd

February 8, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

ruffnutt? do YOU know the lyrics? cuz i dont. heck until everyone started bashin her about it i didnt even notice. and the halftime more than made up 4 it.

February 8, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

You don't know the lyrics? Where are you from? It was pretty much drilled into my head, with the Pledge of Allegiance.

February 8, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  4. tomcat

The half time show..pfffffft. Bad sound...worse performers.....maybe next year

February 8, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  5. Floria sigmundi

Really creepy movie she should be in about a hanged woman on a closet

February 8, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jim Brieske

I couldn't sing The Star Spangled Banner without a teleprompter. President Obama would also need one. Then there is our voices. I don't know about the President but my God, I would have tomatoes thrown at me! Probably just plan ahead and wear white and blue so at least I would look patriotic after being pelted over and over again.
    No I think Christina Aguilera made a mistake but no big deal. She's human. She got up there and sang. I couldn't do it, Never ever. Unless I was really drunk and then I would probably end up stripping my way through the song.
    Did you you know most women at Karaoke bars have phones with cameras?
    jim

February 8, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  7. tomcat

The newer and kinder, Jim?.....This I have to see to believe. And at this point "I ain't buyin what you are sellin".

February 8, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim Brieske

tomcat. It's true. I have reformed. It's a miracle. Those football players were belting each other around and nairly was a cuzz word used. I'm sure after some accidental ball touching there may have been. But for the most part the game, Thank you, You're welcome and Boy, you have a high I.Q. were said and heard dozens of times by players on both teams.
      Hallelujah.
      jim
      Ah sh/t, I burnt my pizza. Oops.

February 8, 2011 at 5:46 am | Report abuse |
  8. raven

@tomcat, Im with you on that one . feels like being baited into a snakepit doesnt it ? Anyway , I understand if C.A. got nervous and messed up the lyrics,honest mistake but whyd she hafta do all the wierd warbly stuff ? She can sing but sounded like a cat in heat.

February 8, 2011 at 4:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim Brieske

raven. Green Bay winning has made me a changed man. I apologize to you for the mean untrue words. In the future, I will be kinder.
      jim

February 8, 2011 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

Singing? Is that why she's famous? Now i think so much less of her. Thought she was just courtney love's body double

February 8, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. story

February 8, 2011 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  10. Cesar

God's helpers keep a journal for everyone here on Earth. Every word you utter, verbal or written is recorded on a journal. Then Saint Peter reviews it with you after you die at the big gates. Then you are sent to step two. So be careful as to what you say or write.

February 8, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

God's helpers? Lol. How do ya get a gig like that?

February 8, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Sutler

@leeintulsa
      I think you have to check the box that claims that you like little boys...

Yes, I went there. But hey, its true. Christianity apparently is a cult for men who like boys. Scary!

February 8, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. Cesar

I think the poor girl just got nervous, that's all. When Janet Jackson sang it, she showed that she has nerves of steel and a pretty nice pair.

February 8, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  12. tomcat

nice Cesar...lol

February 8, 2011 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  13. Cesar

@Tomcat, as for Jim's pitch, I'm not buying it either. No offense Jimmy boy.

February 8, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  14. david campbell

If one receives an invitation to sing the national anthem before millions of people at least she should have learned the words.

February 8, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. alex

as if a pop star messing up the words to the National Athem is the worst of America's problems. Seriously.

February 8, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Sutler

The problem is that its the national Anthem...a song which every child learns at an early age and is heard daily across this nation at all sporting events. Forgetting the lyrics is like forgetting how to ride a bike. You should never forget!

February 8, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |