Lindsay Lohan to be charged with necklace theft
Lindsay Lohan, seen here attending a Los Angeles Lakers game on January 9, is accused of stealing a necklace from a Venice, California, jewelry store on January 22, the Los Angeles County district attorney's office says.
February 8th, 2011

Lindsay Lohan to be charged with necklace theft

Actress Lindsay Lohan will be charged Wednesday with felony grand theft relating to a necklace allegedly taken from a Venice, California, jewelry store last month, a prosecutor said Tuesday.

Lohan, 24, will be arraigned on the charge at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Los Angeles Airport Superior Court, Deputy District Attorney John Lynch said.

The actress "allegedly walked out of the store with the necklace on January 22," a statement from the district attorney's office said. "The owner reported the theft to the Los Angeles Police Department, which investigated the
allegation and presented evidence to the D.A.'s office last week."

The necklace, which is valued at $2,500, was handed over to police just before they were to execute a search warrant to look for the jewelry in Lohan's Venice, California, apartment last week.

Lohan was already on supervised probation stemming from probation violations related to a 2007 drunk driving conviction.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: California • Celebrity • Crime
  1. justin

she is nuts or druged out of her mind. Truly sad because she's really talented. Think her mom is a terrible influence; all she does is party.

February 8, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linsay Lohan

talented at snorting blow

February 8, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. T

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 8, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Whatever

She has turned into such a LOSER!!!

February 8, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Nonyo Biznuss

OH MY GOD WHO CARES

February 8, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • CP in FL

Obvious you care. You clicked on the story, read it and then commented on it. I would say you care.

February 8, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. royhobbs

This just in: Beavis and Butthead put in charge of CNN story selection (hey, Butthead, how about another one on Lindasy Lohan, heh, heh).

February 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. rafiah

It is too bad this type of news gets out, I say that for the young generation who is linsey's age and younger. She is a bad example of a public role model. i don't know why every time this girl gets in trouble,it is considered top news. She really needs to leave show business, it is apparent she can't handle the pressure of fame.

February 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Gary

If they find her guilty, I mean the necklace was returned to police right before they were to search her home...who returned it???...and she doesn't go to jail, then it sends a really bad message to everyone. If you're rich, pretty and a celebrity, then the laws don't apply to you. I don't even think she's that pretty, actually.

Personally, I hope they find her guilty and put her in prison for 60 months.

February 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shawn

They already sent that message during her last 3 court dates.

"...???...and she doesn't go to jail, then it sends a really bad message to everyone. If you're rich, pretty and a celebrity, then the laws don't apply to you"

February 8, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cherie

Gary, I just had to reply to your post. I agree they should give her the same treatment they would to any one else. Just because they call her an actress. There is nothing pretty about her, and she really has no talent. How she got to be an actress is beyond me. She can't act to save her but. She was just in the right place at the right time, just like that nasty trash Snookie.

February 8, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Fallen tree in woods.

Regardless of opinions, if the media gave me the attention they're giving her, at least 1 in 5 kids would start falling over by themselves in forested areas. Silently, of course.

February 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ryan

This will fast track her to the p0rn industry.

February 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linsay Lohan

I can't wait baby

February 8, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Austin3759

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I can see her and Nikki Benz in the flick of the century!

February 8, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. KGB101.5

Who gives a flying turd what this stupid chick does and why. Another Hollywierd good for nothing wasting news time. Put her skannky behnd away and throw away the key or better yet burn it. Move on WORLD!!!!!

February 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jennifer

I really hope she gets off. I'm such a big lindsay fan. I think she is so beautiful. Long live Lindsay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

February 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • R D

you are a moron

February 8, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • jason

haha R U just trying to troll people here or are you really that empty minded 😉

February 8, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sny Street

yeah me too I need her to get out of jail, I missed her.

February 8, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. William

The first thing that occurred to me when I read this... that is to say, what I really think... I can summarize is just a few...... BWAHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA... WHAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA... BAAWWWWW HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

February 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. R D

Wow my opinion of CNN has seriously plummeted. Or maybe TMZ just redesigned there home page and it looks like CNN Im so confused.

February 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

I bet your not smarty then me RD. I go to an ivy league school. Lindsay RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

February 8, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cherie

Hey Jennifer, you say you go to an Ivy League School? How come in your comment you couldn't spell smarter? Guess your parents need to get their money back. If Lindsey rules, the world is on bigger trouble than she is.

February 8, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • gill

then was used wrong as well jennifer you loser

February 8, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sny Street

I really like that girl...lindsay

February 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Charlie Sheen

My love, I will follow you! Just wait for me right there!

February 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |