On the Radar: Muslim Brotherhood speaks, Lohan trouble, more snow
Anti-Mubarak protesters near the parliament building in Cairo Wednesday.
February 9th, 2011

On the Radar: Muslim Brotherhood speaks, Lohan trouble, more snow

Muslim Brotherhood speaks - After more than two weeks, protests to oust Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak are still going strong. At the same time, a controversial Islamist umbrella group in the country is saying that it wants to promote democracy and will not offer a presidential candidate. The Muslim Brotherhood said through its media office in Cairo that it wants to "participate, not dominate." The group has attracted much attention because some have expressed fear that it would hijack Egypt's pro-democracy movement. Influential political figures across the world have raised concerns over the group. Others have argued that the Brotherhood should have a seat at the table and be recognized as a legitimate party. What is the Muslim Brotherhood? Why did the protests begin?

Phasing out Fannie and Freddie - The Obama administration says it will explain later this week how it plans to phase out housing financing giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The publicly traded companies represent major liability for taxpayers who are on the hook for billions of dollars in federal aid Fannie and Freddie received. But getting rid of them could raise borrowing costs for homeowners and further weaken an already fragile housing market.

Lohan charges coming? Prosecutors are expected to formally charge actress Lindsay Lohan with felony grand theft related to a necklace allegedly taken from a California jewelry store in January. The charge comes five weeks after Lohan was released from court-ordered drug rehabilitation and less than three weeks before a judge said he might free her from supervised probation from a 2007 drunken driving conviction.

More snow - Another huge snow storm is slamming Oklahoma and working its way into the Deep South. It snowed in Dallas on Wednesday morning. That city is predicted to get at least 4 inches.

Post by:
Filed under: Egypt • Islam • Lindsay Lohan • On the Radar • Religion • Weather • Winter weather
  1. THThite

How many more bad things does Lohan have to do before actually being put away? Let me guess, a felony theft charge for a 'star' will only be a week in prison maybe? Maybe 2 days if she has good behavior?

Welcome to America, where money does all the talking for you.

February 9, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Go to jail, Noone gets the chances she has had and is still outside a jail. that is a place where she is forced to be clean and sobber. The jury is still out on if she committed the theft. But if the jeweler produces the video evidence, there is not any reason they should keep her out.

February 9, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cesar

Who are these right-wing politicians in Washington to say the the Muslim Brotherhood cannot be part of the Egyptian government and who are they to decide Egypt's future?

February 9, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

The same capitalist corporate tax break hoes. That represent corporate interest and not a lick of all the people. That keep america divided by hatred of people and not an ounce of cure for it all.

February 9, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. leeintulsa

Apparently, when we don't get involved in Arab dealings, the muslim extremists are just viewed like we view, say, the southern baptists. They have nothing to scream about.

February 9, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

The Muslim Brotherhood will never, ever rule Egypt. Hey are extreme religious fanatics. They have no say in Egyptian government; Washington will help make sure of that.

February 9, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

That's exactly what scares me,phoney Cesar. I'm afraid you're right and therein lies the problem!

February 9, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar

@11:09 cesar, you are so tea party. Why hide it???

February 9, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. mohamad

Hey cesar who cares about your stupid opinion you are a lousy latin piece of sht so stop writing noone wants to listen to your crap tell your grandma I said hi

February 9, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mohamad

Don't worry she will remember when I dug her out from her stinky grave and fuk her I know your mother also wants but she wll have to wait I only have one shovel

February 9, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. carlos

Cesar please remind your family that when you die they should put a tampon up your azz so people can't fuk you I know you like it but think about your grandma remember she wants everything for herself she's not going to share her diks with you or your mamma so pls put something big up your azz for consideration to grandma. We have a new item for her (black diks) for a special price but you have to help with the digging

February 9, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mohamad

I'm sorry Cesar. I guess I just lost my head. I don't believe in Allah and I love Israel. I don't care about the Palestinians, who does? Have a nice day Cesar, please excuse me, I need my medications. Tata my good friend.

February 9, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. carlos

Cesar, Hi I'm gay, and that is okay. Sorry Cesar, I didn't mean what I said. Mohamad is my new boyfriend. We are going to the movies. Bye.

February 9, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mohamad

I love Israel. I am gay too. I like camel D*cks.

February 9, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mohamad

I love my mother. I pimp her in the Middle East with rich Saudi men. I pimped my mother so much, I bought a computer, so now I can text as I am doing now. Thank you mother.

February 9, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mohamad

The prophet Muhammad was real. He loved to gamble and drink. He was a filthy swine like my father.

February 9, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mohamad

The Muslim Brotherhood are wh*res. I must agree with my friend Cesar.

February 9, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |