Rep. Christopher Lee resigns amid reports that he tried to meet women on Craigslist
February 9th, 2011

Rep. Christopher Lee , a New York Republican, has resigned after reports surfaced that the married congressman was trying to meet women on Craigslist, a GOP source told CNN.

Lee acknowledged making "profound mistakes" and said his decision to step down was voluntary.

"It has been a tremendous honor to serve the people of Western New York. I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents. I deeply and sincerely apologize to them all. I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness," he said in a statement.

"The challenges we face in Western New York and across the country are too serious for me to allow this distraction to continue, and so I am announcing that I have resigned my seat in Congress effective immediately."

The allegations were first reported Wednesday afternoon on Gawker.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Craigslist • New York • Politics
  1. igeri

Oh yell one more thing, the American People voted for thess repubs cause of Family Values, this boy thought his value was to shown on a Telephone that is what I call transparency

February 9, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jeff Frank - Ohio

Craigslist? Isn't that the site, you buy and sell crap on? A list of available women? 60,000 or more you say? Why I'd get a frying pan slapped up one side, and down the other if I did that. 🙁

February 9, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Big Game Jobs

We want jobs...but not that kind!! Thanks repubs for pushing Obama closer to that second-term!

February 9, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Wendy Croom

Did you mean to type this in Comic Sans?

February 9, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sidewinder

I live in Western NY and a very large part of Chris Lee's platform when he ran in the election was an emphasis on family values with the whole "see, I'm just like you" type political spots with pictures of his cookie cutter family. (Not a bad thing, but he was working it in a way that speaks 'very good dental plan')
    He stated he was all for the working man and promised job growth...we're not exactly booming here in WNY, and then he got caught putting his hand in another cookie jar. (or at least trying to)

Seems like more of the same to me. Was he client #8?

February 9, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  6. prab801

For reading latest stories from your favorite sites, visit us at http://seithi.dyndns.info/
    For quick demo, check out youtube video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7FrRn31Eto
    For more info, find us on face book @ http://facebook.com/pages/News-Seithi/174122229277363

February 9, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. BigStu

Huge gnads. Itty bitty brain.

February 9, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jbond

At least he didn't do a Ted Kennedy and kill a girl!! And Barney Frank, the lover of

February 10, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |

Of young boys.

February 10, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  13. jbond

young boys.

February 10, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  14. Mark

Yeah well i thought republicans where suppose to be christians and do whats right look at president bushy lied about everything and cut the farm bill a year early and put the peanut farmers here out of business and while he and chenney are oil boys they runed the psiare

February 10, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  15. Mark

I meant they runed the price of fuel and put the truckin companies outta busines as well i know i had both business and the sack of crap they put my family out of both business i think republicans say they have morals to get votes when their child moldstops and crooks ! !

February 10, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |