February 10th, 2011

50 people in 50 days: Searching for a 9-year-old boy

Editor's note: Nancy Grace's new show on HLN, "Nancy Grace: America's Missing," is dedicated to finding 50 people in 50 days. As part of the effort, which relies heavily on audience participation, CNN.com's news blog This Just In will feature the stories of the missing.

This is the 19th case, and it aired Thursday night on HLN.

In June 1998, Scott Kleeschulte had just finished his last day of school in St. Charles, Missouri. The 9-year-old's family had plans for a dinner celebration. After getting off the bus, Scott headed home change clothes and planned to go to a friend's house to play.

Scott never showed up. A storm came through that afternoon. Scott was afraid of storms so his parents first thought he was at his friend's. It wasn't long before they realized the child had disappeared.

Filed under: 50 People in 50 Days • Crime • Missing Children • Missouri • TV-Nancy Grace
  1. Sally

My name is Sally.there is a missing boy, now man, I saw him and his abductors in southern california, his name is Christopher James Harvey, I saw him on a milk carton..I knew he was in trouble, I was afraid.I called the lost children ,,I am out raged that they never called me back, I have called many times. I called last week. I can still see him in my mind. This haunts me. I also have a slight description of the vehicle. I was in the market where the two men were holding him. Whispered help,,,when I went to say something he shook his head, they may have had guns or would have hurt me or Chris .This boy was terrified, willing to tell you my story. They could have found him...but blame myself. I was young with my baby,I just left.but somebody knows something and my info might help. This will haunt me forever.Please email me..I have info..I saw his abductors ..he is now 41'

February 10, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • gail

I can understand how you feel Sally you wanted to help and called missing chiildren but why did you not phone the police also. It is so sad that these things are happening to the young and innocent.

February 11, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Jaime

Keep calling the national center for missing and exploited children. DONT LET THIS TURN INTO ANOTHER JAYCEE DUGARD CASE. These parents still need what measure of justice you can give them. Call the FBI. Call the non-emergency number for the police until the police show up to take the information then keep callling them to make sure they follow up. If this were your child would you hope someone would do the same and not give in after a few or even several phone calls.

February 11, 2011 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Jaime

Also call Americas Most Wanted. They usually have FBI agents standing by.

February 11, 2011 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Stephanie

Sally~
      Please contact me. I know his family and would love to help with any info. Thank you.

October 24, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Keith Blanchard

Dear Nancy Grace, I just wanted to say I really want to thank you for your hard work in which is all for good cause. I know that you are willing to do just about anything in order to reach out for all of these hurting people. I watch your show everyday, and I pray for all of your staff as well as you to. Thank you so much for staying tough throughout these terrible crimes in which are very hard to see everyday and throughout the weeks. It is so sad to see all of these kids as well as adults are missing or dead for no reasons at all. I wish we could have tougher laws to punish these terrible crimes which are getting worse. I am in college and I am studing psychology and the behaviors throughout the Medicle Field. I will continue to watch your shows and learn as much as I can throughout all of your hard work. God bless you and keep up the work on saving innocent people. Thank you again.

February 10, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sharon O'Hara

Why was a 9-year old boy just getting out of first grade?

February 10, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Me

@ Sharon
    Are we reading the same article? I'm not seeing where it mentions 1st grade or ANY grade for that matter. The article I see simply states he was finishing his last day of school {for the year} I presume.

February 11, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  5. Me

Never mind clicked on link & now see it. Special needs student maybe? Could be a typo... this article states he's been missing since June 1998 the other states he's been missing since 1988. It's sad that they don't bother to proof read important details such as these in articles of such importance asking for help from the public finding missing & exploited children. What else are they getting wrong? And How are we supposed to help when they aren't providing accurate information. Makes it even sadder.

February 11, 2011 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  6. Stephanie

Sally~
    Please contact me! I know his family and would love to help! Thank you!

October 24, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sally

@Jamie you do not know the dynamics of the situation, And I have called over 100 times, I finally got a CALL TODAY!! I am not at liberty of going into it on This forum, But finally,,I am 50 yrs old, this happened I'n a supermarket with hundreds of people, I was the only one who went to the clerk , As I had a terrible feeling, I was told he saw nothing strange, There were more people outside, I was very young, I had to scream at the top of my lungs to be heard,,My husband was insistent I was crazy! We are now divorced, My currant husband has a brother missing since 1971, So please don't lecture m'e , I was very young with a disabled child, and nobody wanted to listen,

November 14, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • relentlessgod

I lived in Andrews TX at the time of this terrible tragedy. His mom worked at my school–I was in the 4th grade & remember vividly the day they called to say they found him. But his dental records didn't match. We were all crushed. I have never forgotten him, his family & always pray that they find him! I keep thinking of him now & just hope & pray that there is a reason I can't get him out of my mind/heart. As a mom myself now, I am still affected by his disappearance & probably overly protective/guarding of my kids!!

January 30, 2013 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sally

@Stephanie, I don't know how to reach you,,,!!

November 14, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sally

@ Stephanie,,As I am the only and last person to See Christopher James Harvey alive and his abductors, I have been I'n contact finally with Hinsdale county, I have given 2 recorded statements , And they have my information, His parents have yet to contact me, They say it was a stranger abduction , But was it? Maybe if they had not ignored my calls they could have recognized the perps, And I was to do a composite drawing of the abductors and that was close to a year ago, they again have not contacted me,Again I am the only witness to come forward last see Chris for close to 28 years, and in my mind its still like yesterday, I don't understand this, So if you would like to leave your information, or contact his family and forward this, I don't know you or if I'n some way would be jeopardizing the case or my safety , I am sure this who took him have over the years kept an eye out for witness's , So please tell them that I did see their son, And there is much to this case, But I can't give you that info, But you are free to leave yours, Thankyou for your consideration , warmly Sally

June 14, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sally

If you read the story on Chris Harvey, The found a badly beaten boy wondering I'n the woods near where he was abducted, this was more than several weeks after Chris went missing, For almost 2 months while he lay I'n coma the family began to doubt that it was there son, They finally did dental records and they came back negative, That might be why i got no reponse to my weekly phone calls, But I was posative the boy on the milk carton was Cristopher, My then husband also, The other boy was so brutally beaten that they could not ID there own son, Also the people who ansewer the calls are very young, The last time I called I got what sounded like a teen ager,,,I opened up a can of whoop,,On her,,called the police again,,, went on this forum ,,,FB,,, called every day for a week,, It still took 6 more months to get a call back,,,Back then things were very Diffrant as far as no DNA, But for 26 years There has not been a day that has gone by that i have not thought of him, I have never let my son out of my sight, He is I'n his late 20s, I was not much older than Chris when I saw him, I so wish that I would have been strong enough to go on my gut intincts, That now are highly honed to full force nature, It's been a horrible day, All those feelings for him and his family welling up inside m'e ,And again the reminder of my husbands brother who just vanished back I'n 1971, I even called every one over the years I could locate with the last name Harvey, Some were very nice some hung up on me,,But the abductors left the store the close to the same time we did, There were others outside by thier vehicle, With a disabled screaming baby wearing a leotard and my husband telling m'e I was over reacting to a gut feeling, I guess I was overwhelmed, But I have tried for 26 years, i am very sad, But always knew if I kept trying it would come to the surface,

November 14, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • adela

I went to school with Chris, he was my brothers age...He went to school in Andrews Texas, I would contact authorities or newspaper there if I were you. The family is probably not in Andrews any longer but someone may have some info for you. Good luck.

May 11, 2013 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jayme

Hello,
    I am trying to locate the family of Christopher Harvey to get a message to them, and I see that there is someone on this discussion that knows the family. If there is a contact please let me know, or I can try the Texas athorities posted on the website. Just wanted to let them know that their child was remembered and loved as there was a healing ceremony held this summer for children who have been kidnapped and are missing. Any links to a family contact would be much appreciated.
    Thanks