Two young children killed in Georgia
February 10th, 2011

Two young children killed in Georgia

Two young siblings were killed and two other members of the same family injured Wednesday night during an attack at a home in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, authorities said.

Authorities were trying to determine late Wednesday the cause of the violence in Lawrenceville, a Gwinnett County Sheriff's Department spokesman said.

Two brothers, ages 1 and 4, were killed, CNN affiliate WGCL reported. A 4-year-old and an adult identified as the father were also injured, the affiliate said.

Two families lived in the home where the attack occurred, and the family that was attacked lived in the basement, police told the affiliate.

No suspects have been identified, the spokesman said.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Georgia
  1. raven

This made me sick to my stomach .Who could hurt innocent kids ? its not like they coulda been witnesses or identified anyone . If any case qualifies for the death penalty, its this one .

February 10, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  2. Just some person who blogs like you

I wonder if the suspect is some crack head strung out on dope.

February 10, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jaded

Definitely drug related.

February 10, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  4. Rodolfo

Man, why do people have to be so bad. God a 1 and 4 year old- how sick are people to do such a bad thing greatvacationspots.net

February 10, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  5. AMERICA 1st

My condolences to the family and i hope that if the sick animal that did it isnt sentenced to death that some prisoner does the world that favor when its sent to jail!

February 10, 2011 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  6. dantua hill

Thats sad to no that a person wld kill inocent kids!

February 10, 2011 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
  7. LiberalLawyerLobby

Yet another instance where neutering I mean nurturing the person harming kids would set this misguided soul straight.

February 10, 2011 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
  8. wcb2009

Did read this article correctly? The adult ran from the home and left the two kids behind to get murdered?

February 10, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angel

That's what stood out for me too... I don't think I could be that adult having to realize I'd left those kids behind and saved myself

February 10, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • JomoDaMusicMan

Was the adult supposed to stay & get murdered also. Don't u think he or she should have ran for help. This article did not say it was the childrens parent that ran, it just stated an adult. And if you're wondering if I would have ran & left mine; THE ANSWER IS NO, THEY WOULD'VE FOUND MY BODY LAYING BY MY KIDS.

February 10, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ghostfaced1973

I would go to the grave absolutely without a doubt before i let anyone lay a finger on my 5 year old son. Without question, someone would die if it were ever attempted in my presence. And if it happened, and i wasn't there and they found the person.... I would end him.

February 10, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Patty Biller

What is WRONG with these people?????

February 10, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. farquar

"The adult escaped the attack and fled to a neighbor's house, the affiliate reported."
    What the heck is up with that? Abandon the kids to save yourself?

February 10, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. junkyarddog

What a world we live in amazing its a never ending story sad part about it some more kids are being killed right now

February 10, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Georgia

The AJC has a full story. The father did not escape while the kids were killed. He was stabbed in the chest, survived the attack and callled 911. He ran to the neighbors house looking for help for the remaining child that also survived the attack. Show a little kindness and compassion in your comments. There is a father and son who may still die and a mother and daughter who are grieving and worried. The daughter goes to school with my daughter and she has many concern friends, including my child, who are following this story closely and reading your harsh words.

February 10, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Darrin G

Rest assured my good friends when these people are caught, prosecuted and put in prison they will have hell to pay.

February 11, 2011 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  14. prodigy305

You guys are full of rubbish. Nothing but crap comes out of some of you guys mouths. At the heat of the moment, nobody knows what they will do. So all this talk about you would not leave the kids, just save it. You probably would of done worst. Look at the positive, with him alive that will increase the chance of solving this madness.

February 11, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. Really???

I would run to he11 and back to get help for my child. That poor parent was badly hurt and still ran for help. That is an example of selfless bravery. The parent risked their life for that child. Shame on you people who say nasty things when innocent children are attacked. The family has my prayers and support.

February 11, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |