President Obama returns tie to Gibbs on press secretary's last day
February 11th, 2011

President Obama returns tie to Gibbs on press secretary's last day

President Barack Obama made a surprise visit to the White House briefing
room Friday to help mark Robert Gibbs' last day as the president's press
secretary.

Obama returned a tie to Gibbs he had borrowed to wear while delivering the keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston.

"You couldn't ask for anybody better in the foxhole with you," Obama said. "I couldn't have a better friend at the podium each and every day."

Post by:
Filed under: Barack Obama • Politics
  1. raven

Doesnt care about this tie ? Am I the only one ?It must be very extra super duper special .

February 12, 2011 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. raven

I meant doesnt ANYONE care about the tie...and where IS everybody??

February 12, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

2:31am Partying or Sleeping...raven!

Something borrowed, something blue, something old and something new...Ole Gibbs was a true best man and old man-maid.

February 12, 2011 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  3. raven

This poor tie . No one even cares . Obama has had it since 04 and Gibbs didnt even miss it . Now its got its own headline and no one even notices. Poor sweet tie . Well I for one would be happy to foster it til it found a forever home .

February 12, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

@raven. What? No one cares? Two people care. You and me. Go borrowed tie!!!!

February 12, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. raven

Thanks Cesar, its becoming an epidemic . I mean people go out and see a tie and think oh boy isnt it cute and its all soft and innocent so they take it home and it makes a mess in the closet or doesnt go with anything so they get bored or its too much to take care of,so they just callously dump it off on someone or ignore it til it gets old. its really sad . I wish people took more time to decide if they have the time and resources to really take care of thier ties .we should start an organisation . p.e.t.t.? people for the ethical treatment of ties.you with me ?

February 13, 2011 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  6. raven

Oh Well

February 13, 2011 at 5:57 am | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

i dont think it was the tie so much as the gesture behind it. @ the very least obama cared enough about gibbs leavin 2 put in an appearance & ya gotta respect that! had it been bush he prolly woulda thrown shoes since he was ammused when it was done 2 him

February 13, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  8. Cesar

Wonder what color that tie was.

February 13, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cesar

@raven, Yes! P.E.T.T. Count me in.

February 13, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. raven

I bet it was a beautiful tie .probably silk even .

February 13, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |