Did alleged speedster hope to go viral?
Stanislav Bakanov, 30, of Keizer, Oregon, was cited and released from jail after allegedly driving more than 118 mph, police say.
February 14th, 2011

Did alleged speedster hope to go viral?

An Oregon motorist allegedly went to great lengths, or speeds, over the weekend to post a video to Youtube, according to Oregon law enforcement.

A Marion County deputy clocked a vehicle going 118 mph in a 55-mph zone Saturday on Interstate 5, the sheriff's office said.

The lawman, upon approaching the car, noticed the motorist was holding a video camera and taking pictures of the deputy's car.

Upon questioning, Stanislav Bakanov, 30, of Keizer, Oregon, fessed up to driving between 90 and 100 mph, Don Thomson, spokesman for the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, told The Oregonian newspaper. It was the second alleged 100-mph speedster caught by Deputy Ryan Postlewait that day, the newspaper reported.

When Postlewait asked Bakanov why he was driving so fast, Bakanov prefaced his response by saying that it was going to sound stupid: He was making a video to post on Youtube.

The deputy said the motorist then played the video back, showing footage of the speedometer’s needle almost to the max and even capturing the deputy’s cruiser pulling him over, according to a sheriff's office release.

Police seized the camera for evidence. Bakanov was arrested for alleged reckless driving, ticketed for speeding and his car, a black 2005 BMW M3, was impounded, according to the newspaper.

It marked Bakanov's third driving offense in the past year, according to the release.

An officer who answered the phone at the Marion County jail on Monday said Bakanov had been cited and released.

Post by:
Filed under: Oregon
  1. Christina

Oh totally, I love to hear people who are doing 100+ on MY roads are back out of jail. That's just great! I can't wait to hear how someday he's going to wreck into a good Christian family and send them to heaven while he enjoys his speeding ticket straight into Hell. He won't be able to drive away from the flames of fire and torment down there. Some good Christian family is going to suffer because of satan's manipulation of people like this, I hope He comes back soon to get us away from these people who think letting satan himself out of prison and back onto our Christian streets was a good idea.

February 14, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christina

I completely agree! He must've read told that he would turn into a pillar of salt if he turned around, so he drove as fast as he could! HAHA!! 🙂

February 14, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sutler

I hear drinking more Kool-aid will help time go by faster for you.

February 14, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Indeed

Oh indeed, god forbid a satan induced lunatic like this kills a good Christian family... Let's just hope he wipes out a few Jews, or Muslims... Maybe if we're lucky he'll take out a bus load of Atheists....

You are as disgusting as he is, as if only Christian life has value. You sicken me.

February 14, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

Place is crawling with goddies today, eh?

February 14, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim Davis

@indead. Sounds like you are plenty sickening and disgusting already. What's it like to Hate yourself and those who have what you want?? Have a wonderful day with your ugly self.

February 14, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Young

Hey,
      Uh I know this guy and he actually goes to my church. And as a Christian, I have to say, the reason why the world hates us is because of people like you. Who do you think you are saying you're better than a 'non-christian' family???

February 14, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Young

Oh and btw,
      your response is probably going to be: He can't be Christian if he's acting like this.
      And then I'll respond:
      -John 5:30
      By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

So we can say what he did was stupid, but to judge him as a person and saying he's not Christian is not your right.

-1 Samuel 16:7
      But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

So I'm not justifying his actions in any way, but instead of condemning him, why not pray and ask God to use this situation for the better and hopefully he learned his lesson. This guy was actually one of my Sunday school teachers 5 years ago. No joke.

You should check yourself before you try to condemn someone else:
      -Proverbs 3:7
      Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.

-Proverbs 26:5
      Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.

February 14, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • goat

Your comment is far more disturbing than this story was. Who are you to say that christian people are worth more than others? Religion is the demon speeding down our highways, and the victims are logic and reason.

February 15, 2011 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sutler

You can't fix stupid.

February 14, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christina

Jesus can fix stupid, Sutler. It's just that the devil is driven by stupid, and that is why he is driving along with his little follower. If he would just ask God to come in, He would be able to put him driving down the right path, and at the right speed.

February 14, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christina

As everyone always says, "If God is your passenger, it's time to move on over and let him drive!" 🙂

February 14, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

i tried that once..but got scared casue i realized that jesus wasn't on my insuraence plan.. and i only had liabilty.. anyways i know jesus isnt into material possesions so i knwew if he wrecked my camaro he wouldnt pay to have it fixed... so i let him ride shotgun..

February 14, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Cesar

Doesn't this qualify for that show, "Dumb Criminals?" He even handed him the video for evidence. Poor guy.

February 14, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sutler

This guy gets my nomination for "Eventual Darwin Award Winner."

I am sure its only a matter of time before the police release the video to the waiting masses.

February 14, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ivan

no so fast to judge, he could be a good christian, just having hard times in his life...

February 14, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

Or a good christian who likes to drive fast? NASCAR is full of them

February 14, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. J. Henry

What does religion have to do with speeding in traffic? Or is that somehow a naive question?

February 14, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. peter

i know this man, he is not a bad guy trying to hurt people, just having overkill mid life crises...

February 14, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. raven

I get nervous to text in a car wash but this clown is FILMING at 100mph ?

February 14, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. RUFFNUTT

118MPH what a joke... my camaro has done well oast 155 on i-35 between lenexa and gardner ks,, they have barriers on each side so the cops cant get you.. or for beter place to go fast is north 435 noth of the river.. the roads aren't very crowded up there and the raod is smooth..

my ninja will only do 186mph cause of the darn speed limiter but once i get the muzzy speed-healer on it 196$, i'll be able to do 205mph..

i got pulled oer one time for doing 100 mph on 635 down in kcks.. the ticket was 350$... he was lucky they had 5 cop cars cause i would have totally blown his doors off..

February 14, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

It is astounding just how full of S*&% you are buddy. Besides this M3 TOPPED out at 118 is beyond BS. Unless this is one sick M3.

February 15, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

Jason – I've done 115 in a Cavalier Z24, so yeah, 118, not so impressive. If I did 115 with a 4Cyl, 2.4L DOHC… yeah, something with actual power should do WAY more.

February 15, 2011 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
  9. BooYah!

I think he should aim for JiggabooMuslims.
    Nuke.Islam!

February 14, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Young

And by the way...I am a gay transgender pedophile with a keen interest in the boy scouts.

February 14, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. raven

I accidentally ran over a rabbit on a Ninja.

February 14, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Young

I like religion and little boys.
    My idol is Michael Jackson.
    I am very gay.

February 14, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Young

If you were to ask me how gay I am, on a scale of 1 to 10....I'm a 42.
    I like sharing Jesus Juice with little boys and playing "rubba rubba".

February 14, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Young

I love being GAY and preaching the LORD on an internet blog. If you want to be saved like me...you need to worship the EASTER BUNNY otherwise you might go to hell. I worship.....
    TOOTH FAIRY
    EASTER BUNNY
    SANTA CLAUS
    BIGFOOT
    SNIPES

February 14, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. R. P.

Wow...the stupid mistake was showing the video to the cop and confessing the fact I did it for youtupe... here's your 5k ticket, and we'll take your DL and car.. thanks for visiting!

February 14, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |