Computer finishes off human opponents on 'Jeopardy!'
"Jeopardy!" champs Ken Jennings, left, and Brad Rutter match wits with IBM's computer Watson.
February 16th, 2011

Computer finishes off human opponents on 'Jeopardy!'

Start the "computers are conquering the world" jokes now. "Jeopardy!" master Ken Jennings already has.

The IBM supercomputer Watson won its second "Jeopardy!" game in Wednesday's edition of the TV show, completing a sweep of its two human opponents, including Jennings, who acknowledged mankind's trivia inferiority before the match was even over.

"I for one welcome our new computer overlords," Jennings wrote under his correct Final Jeopardy! solution, prompting laughter from the studio audience.

Watson - despite being far from perfect - was too far ahead in the two-game match to be caught. It beat Jennings and fellow "Jeopardy!" champion Brad Rutter, earning $41,413 for the day and $77,147 for the two-game total.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz • Technology
  1. Cesar

I live in South Texas. I hear about all the bad weather and am lucky to be here, warm and dry.

February 17, 2011 at 3:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. Cesar

No, but I watch the old show, "Wheel of Fortune" sometimes. I also watch news a lot-news junkie I am.

February 17, 2011 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
  3. raven

Ive never been to Texas, but Ive been to Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas . You live near the coast ? I miss mountains and big water ,but Wa is ok .

February 17, 2011 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

Yes, near South Padre Island TX. Lots of beach, motels, shops, nice weather, and good places to eat and drink. KFC, Pizza Hut, sea food restaurants, etc are there.

February 17, 2011 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  5. raven

I was gonna tell ya ,there are a couple other blogs here that are kinda interesting . The Newsroom blog is ok sometimes,its interactive,you can vote on which of 3 articles gets featured. marqees ok but way young followers. connecting is kinda interesting,they feature people and you can ask em questions.dunno how they answer tho.

February 17, 2011 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
  6. Cesar

I wasn't aware of this. Have you interacted with any featured people? I am also on Tweeter. Are you?

February 17, 2011 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
  7. raven

Cesar, I like you, I do,but if you think KFC and Pizza Hut are good places to eat Im gonna hafta reevaluate our relationship. You need to get out more!

February 17, 2011 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
  8. raven

I have twitter bookmarked into my phone, I stumbled onto it while lookin for somethin else but I havent really checked it out yet . Do you tweet a lot ?

February 17, 2011 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. Cesar

I guess you would prefer the Sea Food Restaurants over KFC in SPI, TX? I don't blame you. I also like Olive Garden. How about you register at Tweeter one day? I only use CNN and Tweeter. How about you??

February 17, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
  10. Cesar

No, I don't Tweet a lot, cause I don't have anyone to Tweet to. Can you suggest anyone????

February 17, 2011 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  11. Cesar

How about we exchange our Tweet handles and meet online at Tweet sometime this weekend?? I don't want to annoy our CNN bloggers by our socializing talk.

February 17, 2011 at 4:11 am | Report abuse |
  12. raven

Yeah , I should do the twitter thing, i text a lot and that would simplify things i think . is it easy ?

February 17, 2011 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
  13. raven

Thats true ,sorry everyone ! Its late and i forget where I am . Ill do my twitter thing Cesar ,then let ya know.

February 17, 2011 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
  14. Cesar

Great! My handle at Tweet is chirp77777. I am a bit rusty. If we miss out in communication, we can always meet here, as usual. Your handle??? I am very popular there as I have a following of ZERO. Well, maybe one with you and some of our fun CNN group.

February 17, 2011 at 4:16 am | Report abuse |
  15. raven

Well, I'm gonna crash now, Cesar, you try to get some sleep now and Ill see ya tomorrow .

February 17, 2011 at 4:18 am | Report abuse |